• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GabrielKeybordzLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Critter Chronicles Chapter 4 Help

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2012-12-07

PM

Hello all, I’m having trouble with the painting bit. I’m painting it pretty decently. Is there any trick to it? Because no matter what I do, I can’t seem to get the portrait to like it. Cheers.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-12-09

PM

I finally figured it out myself.  Everything that is outlined needs to be painted, including the top background and the granite pedestal.  So…  what color is the background?  It’s the same color as the chair.  I kept trying to make it white. Tongue

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2012-12-09

PM

How did you get the canvas?? I’m stuck, I have the bellows, the thread and the flute and I can’t get any further.. Made the deal with the arch mage, but can’t paint without canvas, critter can’t take any of the paintings for some reason and Nate can’t get upstairs… :s I suppose I have to do something with the rope-snake, but it just bends over when critter climbs it… :s

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-12-09

PM

selfdefense - 09 December 2012 06:15 PM

How did you get the canvas?? I’m stuck, I have the bellows, the thread and the flute and I can’t get any further.. Made the deal with the arch mage, but can’t paint without canvas, critter can’t take any of the paintings for some reason and Nate can’t get upstairs… :s I suppose I have to do something with the rope-snake, but it just bends over when critter climbs it… :s

You’ve still got quite a bit to do before you get to that point.  Nate will be able to get upstairs, but you’ll need to be clever about it.  Think Looney Tunes and the Acme company. =)  Reply if you need a better hint.

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2012-12-07

PM

Cheers Seron, the background must have been what was holding me up.

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2012-12-09

PM

Can anyone tell me how to get the canvas, please?

Joined 2012-12-10

PM

Bella - 10 December 2012 03:28 AM

Can anyone tell me how to get the canvas, please?

I can help you without a problem since I managed to get the canvas, question is where are you since the entire process for getting it is quite complicated and convoluted and don’t want to spoil to much for you. Couple of questions in spoilers to see where you are (they are in order so if you have not done 2, you will not have done 3.

1. Did you get Nate to the gallery room?
2. Did you trick Ma’Zaz and get the items from the ship?
3. Did you get a painting using Critter.

I also have a question if anyone is willing to help - I can not for the life of me get the painting right. Must have done it 10-15 times and I am starting to rage. So I have a couple questions:

1. Do you need to be very, very precise and not go outside the bounds with the colors at all? I am hoping not, cause that feels impossible.
2. I am doing red for the bottom of the bottle up to the line. White for top of bottle, brown for cork, brown for background, purple for grapes, green for the leafs and white for table (although I am not sure where the table ends.) I’ll post a screen later once at home if I still can’t get it and maybe someone can figure what I am doing wrong.

Joined 2012-12-09

PM

Thanks, Onos.  I haven’t managed ANY of those things yet!  I am stuck with Nate downstairs unable to do anything and Critter upstairs, going through a hole in the wall and charming a snake but then not able to do anything more (the snake just falls down again).  Your mention of Mazaz makes me think I’d better try exiting the building again - each time I have tried before the character decides he’d better stay. Any other hints gratefully accepted!

Joined 2012-12-10

PM

Ok, once you get Nate into the gallery it will let you go out and deal with Ma’zaz (a bit annoying since it does not make sense why you are restricted, but there it is).

The trick to getting Nate into the gallery is related to the snake. Go back to Nate and give Nate the flute. Send Critter back up using the bellows and get Critter next to the snake. Switch to Nate and use the flute. The Snake will show up. Use Critter to get on the snake and notice what happens. That does not fully solve it but it should give you the idea of how to proceed further. Here’s the rest if you need it:

In the snake room make Critter look at the top cornet of the ‘portal’ and then pick it up. Use the snake with Nate playing music to it and it will throw you down. Go back to Nate and place portal on wall next to fireplace

Joined 2012-12-09

PM

Oh and one more thing while I’m admitting to being REALLY thick . . . I can’t work out the puzzle with the rotating discs.  What am I supposed to do?

Joined 2012-12-09

PM

Ah! Thanks, Onos!

Joined 2012-12-10

PM

Bella - 10 December 2012 05:28 PM

Oh and one more thing while I’m admitting to being REALLY thick . . . I can’t work out the puzzle with the rotating discs.  What am I supposed to do?

Haven’t figured that one fully out yet. I’m hoping it will expand more after the canvas. What I figured is that

You need to press the 5 (out of 8 I think) star parts on the side which match how the star looks in the middle. That makes a red round area around the star show, but that is not all.

Joined 2012-12-10

PM

Finally got through the picture drawing and the puzzle (and after that the game - rest proved to be easy/short sadly). As for the first part pf the puzzle here it’s how it should look after the first part (you need to select the 5 edges first which look like the middle star and the middle pops up once it is done)

Puzzle

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2012-12-11

PM

How do you get past the guard plant in the mage’s office once you’ve put the earmuffs on it? I seem to think that I have to catch the flying plant lower in the tower, but neither Nate nor Critter can catch it. Any hints?

Joined 2012-12-10

PM

physiegirl - 11 December 2012 04:23 PM

How do you get past the guard plant in the mage’s office once you’ve put the earmuffs on it? I seem to think that I have to catch the flying plant lower in the tower, but neither Nate nor Critter can catch it. Any hints?

Yes you need to catch the plant, or rather get something from it.

You should have gotten the whistle from the room with the guard plant from the armoire. Give Critter the long rope and Nate the whistle. Send critter back through the gallery to where the fountain is (the top side of the round stairs). Get Nate back next to the fireplace and use the whistle on the plant. Change to critter and use the rope on the plant.

Joined 2012-12-09

PM

So, I’m stuck again… I’ve got the second piece of metal (from the puzzle table), I have the brush but no canvas.  I have the horseshoe shaped metal rod, rope, glove, flute, etc.  Nothing left to do outside the building.  I can’t open the lock to the mage’s office (I have the ladder in place and can get to it).  Do I need to do something to find the solution to the tablet puzzle, or is there an obvious pattern I’m just not seeing? Any ideas?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top