• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

apignarb

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Quiz: Autumn postcard

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Indeed, I’ve made the quiz slightly harder (as these are not all main or well-known characters), as I wanted to make it challenging even to those with big knowledge or who had played many games. However, some members already recognized 60+ characters (Lady Kestrel leads with 68, SpeedBo and HandsFree follow with 61 and 60) and Dag and Fien got more than a half. As promised, here’s the numerated version, and later I’ll give you the answers:

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Whoa, there’s a whole lot more characters there than I first thought. Sneaky! Grin

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Ok, there’re no newer contestants, so I’ll just post the answers. Congratulations to top 4 players - Lady Kestrel, HandsFree, SpeedBo and Fien (LK with 68 and HF with 66 guessed) and to everyone else. I wanted to use the spoilers but this way will be seen better, so you’ll just have to look away if you still want to guess it yourself.

1. Jack Keane (Jack Keane)
2. Madame Marie Babou (The Secrets of Da Vinci)
3. Lilly (Ceville)
4. Spot (The Whispered World)
5. Fluffy Fluffy Bun Bun (Toonstruck)
6. Erica Reed (Cognition)
7. Hans Christian Andersen (The Ugly Prince Duckling)
8. Samantha (Gray Matter)
9. Gina (Runaway)
10. Hannek (Deponia)
11. Petra (Emerald City Confidential)
12. Klaymen (Neverhood)
13. Fay (A New Beginning)
14. Hoagie (Day of the Tentacle)
15. King (Cirque de Zale)
16. Prince Alexander (King’s Quest 6)
17. Dr. John (Gabriel Knight 1)
18. Mina (Return to Mysterious Island 2)
19. Duck (Eric the Unready)
20. Quickthorpe (Fable)
21. Jojo Jr. (Escape from Monkey Island)
22. Troll (The Secret of Monkey Island)
23. Fenton Paddock (Lost Horizon)
24. Josef (Machinarium)
25. Guard (Atlantis 1)
26. Joey Mallone (Blackwell Unbound)
27. Adrienne (Phantasmagoria)
28. Antoinette (Murder on the Orient Express)
29. Mayor Herbie Trinkwasser (Al Emmo)
30. Flicker (Blazing Dragons)
31. Zanthia (Hand of Fate)
32. Torin (Torin’s Passage)
33. Assil (Ankh)
34. Dr. Marcel (Edna & Harvey)
35. Rats (A Vampyre Story)
36. Mortimer “Pib” Pibsworth (Apprentice)
37. Fenimore Fillmore (The Westerner)
38. Piers Featherstonehaugh (The Gene Machine)
39. Hostage (Sam & Max Hit the Road)
40. Rodrigo (Rent-A-Hero)
41. Alan Baxter (Dirty Split)
42. Victoria (Still Life 2)
43. Agent 3 (The Journeyman Project 3)
44. Nelly Cootalot (Nelly Cootalot)
45. Gorilla in the dino-suit (Flight of the Amazon Queen)
46. Simon the Sorcerer (Simon the Sorcerer 2)
47. Firebird (The Last Express)
48. Perry Rhodan (The Immortals of Terra)
49. Larry (LSL 7)
50. Rincewind (Discworld 1)
51. Indiana Jones (Fate of Atlantis)
52. George (Broken Sword 1)
53. Marvin the Magical Goatfish (Zork: Grand Inquisitor)
54. Guard (Shannara)
55. Troll (Simon the Sorcerer 4)
56. Samuel (The Black Mirror)
57. Phoenix Wallis (Culpa Innata)
58. Tex (Under a Killing Moon)
59. Edward Van Helgen (The Curse of MI)
60. Specs (Sam and Max: Culture Shock)
61. Juliette (Touche)
62. Little John (Conquests of the Longbow)
63. Lumberjack (tease for the Double Fine adventure)
64. April (The Longest Journey)
65. Mata Hari (Mata Hari)
66. Death (Discworld 2)
67. Melvin (Everlight)
68. Grace (Gabriel Knight 2)
69. Dr. Watson (Sherlock Holmes: The Case of the Rose Tattoo)
70. Oscar (Syberia)
71. The Conductor (Obsidian)
72. Fleebix (The Space Bar)
73. Masked figure (Nancy Drew: Legend of the Crystal Skull)
74. Malachite (Discworld Noir)
75. Brian (Runaway 2)
76. Black Knight (Monty Python & the Quest for the Holy Grail)
77. Ben (Full Throttle)
78. Froderick (A Vampyre Story)
79. Pegasus (Quest for Glory 5)

Marry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Laughing

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Damn, I should have gotten a few more! Grin I’ve played about 90% of those games, I think.

A fun contest, Diego! Good job Smile

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

I should have gotten 60 right instead of 41. But not in a million years would I have recognized #51. That’s a slumped, middle-aged guy with a pouch, it’s not hero Indiana Jones.

P.S. Diego, I had three wrong, not two. I thought the redhead at #6 was Nina from Tunguska and you let it pass.

PPS: I’m deeply ashamed that I didn’t recognize Watson.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Fien - 09 December 2012 03:56 PM

But not in a million years would I have recognized #51. That’s a slumped, middle-aged guy with a pouch, it’s not hero Indiana Jones.

haha, that’s the biggest piece of trivia in this quiz - not just you, but many couldn’t recognize Indy until finally LK and HF cracked it. This is the screenshot I used:

true it’s not of the best quality, but also the fact that he’s without fedora probably has something to do with it Tongue

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I remembered that Indy got dressed up to go to the lecture.  I think that’s the only time he dressed differently from his regular adventuring outfit.

I’m laughing at myself regarding Froderick.  I looked at that pink blob a number of times but just couldn’t resolve the image into anything recognizable.  Now that I know what to look for, it’s as clear as day, but I told Diego it looked like a dead flamingo.  Laughing 

Thanks for a terrific puzzle, Diego!  Thumbs Up  Thumbs Up

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 683

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

Nooooooo!! I wasn’t ready for it to be over Frown
I would have eventuality got #19 & #61 and a few others, its to bad I can’t resist looking at the answers Tongue

Oh well, it was starting to drive me crazy

Great quiz, I had a lot of fun

I Am the Knight of the Order of the Sun!

Total Posts: 183

Joined 2008-03-28

PM

Yes, very good quiz.  Cool
I also thought 6 was Nina at first, but the clothes seemed wrong. Erica Reed is not on my radar though until the last episode is released. Didn’t know she looked exactly like another adventure character (plus has the last name of again another).

Had looked at some screens from Flight of the Amazon Queen as well but completely missed that gorilla/dino thing. Didn’t really know what I was searching for there.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Lady Kestrel - 09 December 2012 05:26 PM

but I told Diego it looked like a dead flamingo.  Laughing

Grin and then, I tried hard to find flamingo in there Tongue

SpeedBo - 09 December 2012 06:20 PM

Nooooooo!! I wasn’t ready for it to be over Frown

sorry, I know you and others would have added some more guesses eventually, but my mistake was also not specifying a clear deadline from the start.

HandsFree - 09 December 2012 06:26 PM

Had looked at some screens from Flight of the Amazon Queen as well but completely missed that gorilla/dino thing. Didn’t really know what I was searching for there.

hehe… At first while making the quiz, I tried to insert the same gorilla without the suit somewhere in the pic, but wasn’t satisfied how it turned out. I remembered this memorable joke and how it continued in game, and I knew I had to find a place for the dino-gorilla Grin

Thanx everyone! Oh, and I almost forgot, even it’s suffice to say - the beautiful background comes from The Book of Unwritten Tales.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

diego - 09 December 2012 07:34 PM
Lady Kestrel - 09 December 2012 05:26 PM

but I told Diego it looked like a dead flamingo.  Laughing

Grin and then, I tried hard to find flamingo in there Tongue

Oh yes, I agree with Lady K, it’s definitely a dead flamingo.  Tongue

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Make my 26 into a 25, I mistook Erica Reed for Nina.

I’m also ashamed to not have recognised April from TLJ and Fenton Paddock.
I did recognize Indy, though. But I’ve played that game a few dozen times…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thank you diego for an entertaining quiz - I did have a look & listed a lot of the answers but just didn’t have time to pm them to you!

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

TimovieMan - 10 December 2012 01:44 AM

Make my 26 into a 25, I mistook Erica Reed for Nina.

I wanted to include Nina, AND another redhead - Lara from Memento Mori. But I’ve figured it would be too much of a confusion. Grin

Just like dark-haired female protagonists tend to look-a-like - that’s also why I refrained from putting Nicole from Art of Murder or Sylvie from Chronicles of Mystery. Wink

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top