• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Primordia

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Pre-order and playable demo now available for Primordia.

http://www.wadjeteyegames.com/primordia.html

Looks like a 5th December release date.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Ooohh I am going to try that demo!

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

And just finished. Very nicely done! Great atmosphere.

Couldn’t help but think of Joey Malone whenever Crispin talked. It sounds like they’re voiced by the same guy. Not a bad thing by any means!

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Art, music , script and atmosphere all well above my expectations. Puzzles were
interesting too.
Loved it , strong Adventure GOTY vibes.

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

Downloading the demo now. I have a lot of hope for the writing in this one—the one area I felt was slightly lacking in Resonance and Gemini Rue.

The story of Primordia sounds really promising. I like the art, but it is extremely dark and monotone. I have no doubt it suits the mood of the game, but still. I’m hoping for at least a bit of variety in the visuals.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

orient - 27 November 2012 11:13 PM

I like the art, but it is extremely dark and monotone. I have no doubt it suits the mood of the game, but still. I’m hoping for at least a bit of variety in the visuals.

I’m sure the visuals will differ quite a bit once you enter the city of Metropol in the game…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 40

Joined 2011-12-15

PM

I enjoyed a lot the visuals, very moody and well done. In fact, I was becoming tired of overly colorful palette of some games.

I just think the voice actors don’t fit well to the main characters, they sound too “human”. I was expecting them to have kind of a robotic voice, like the antagonist in the very beginning.

Total Posts: 42

Joined 2004-07-06

PM

Did you notice the cameo appearance of Tom Servo from Mystery Science Theatre 3000?
Makes sense that Crispin got his sarcasm processor from him. Grin

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

I played the demo last night and preordered it today on GOG Grin

I found the world and back-story quite captivating, and none of the puzzles annoyed me which, for a traditional adventure game, is pretty rare nowadays.

I enjoyed the dynamic between the two characters—Crispin’s gags mostly worked within the tone of the game, but I could take or leave the self-referential stuff. Yes, we know you’re an archetypical wise-cracking sidekick—but this isn’t a comedy adventure. Pointing it out seems like going a bit too far.

TimovieMan - 28 November 2012 11:32 AM

I’m sure the visuals will differ quite a bit once you enter the city of Metropol in the game…

After playing the demo, the colour palette didn’t bother me at all, but I found a separate issue with the graphics. Unlike Gemini Rue and the Blackwell games, I don’t think the low resolution benefits Primordia at all. The backgrounds are gorgeous, but the intricate details are lost in the pixelation. I love pixel art, but this isn’t pixel art—it’s a lovely painting that has been downsized and then stretched up. I would pay double for a HD version.

I thought the animations were great, apart from Horatio’s walk cycle, which is just stilted and wrong. There’s a frame with both feet next to each other on the ground, which doesn’t happen when you’re walking.

Very much looking forward to playing the whole game.

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Primordia has been greenlit on Steam.

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

It’s out now! The final game differs from the demo in a few subtle ways which is cool. I just learned that there are a two different ways to complete certain puzzles, which makes me want to start again already, but I’ll keep going till the end Tongue

Can’t wait to play more.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I can’t believe Primordia and The Critter Chronicles are getting released on the same day! Pan I’m going to spend the day trying to decide which one to play first when I get home. So many games, so little time…

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

I played Primordia for about an hour tonight. I’m not all that impressed, although of course it may get better. I really hope so, cause I was expecting something captivating, like Resonance and Gemini Rue were. The writing is so-so, I don’t care for Crispin as a sidekick (please stop the boring “I have no arms” nagging!), and so far the puzzles are uninspired, standard stuff.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

Fien - 06 December 2012 06:39 PM

The writing is so-so, I don’t care for Crispin as a sidekick (please stop the boring “I have no arms” nagging!), and so far the puzzles are uninspired, standard stuff.

I can understand people not liking Crispin. He’s a bit obnoxious, with “boss” this and “boss” that all the time, but he’s growing on me.

The comedy is probably the weak link where the writing is concerned, but I personally think the rest of the writing is great. I haven’t played Resonance yet but I’d definitely put it above Gemini Rue, which felt pretty ham-fisted at times.

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I started playing yesterday. I was expecting a serious candidate for the Game of the Year and so far I am dissapointed. Horatio’s voice is the worst of all, TOO human, makes me feel I am not controling a robot but a lonely human. It completely destroys the whole “metahuman apocalypse-mechanical world” concept and feeling in such degree, that I’m seriously thinking of playing it with the voice sounds off. Crispin’s jokes are sometimes repetitive but I like them in general and since his voice is slightly more mechanic than Horatio’s, I got used to him. The game’s humour is in good levels and to my liking. No serious riddles so far. The graphics are a little too moody and very repetitive for my tastes but I expect better later in the game. Until now, I find Resonance a far superior game. I only hope many things will get better as I proceed in the game.

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

i’m loving it so far. I don’t mind that Horatio sounds a little too human. I even think that’s on purpose (he’s a humanist after all and his character is far more complex than just a piece of machine). I like the little sarcastic Joey Mallone too. But I agree sometimes he goes too far with his humor.
The game is pretty easy so far (especially with the hinty Crispin who I clicked by mistake few times).
Can’t say it’s beating Resonance (not after I finish it) but in a matter of atmosphere, philosophy and graphics (yes I like it just as brown as it is) Primordia is giving me exactly what I needed and expected from this game. Oh, and I loved the fallout and half-life jokes Smile

btw, I tried to find some difference with the demo but I couldn’t cause I played that first part quite in a rush. Can you point it out for me, orient.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top