Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Syberia III

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2005-11-23

PM

FANTASTIC !!!

Total Posts: 354

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

I read inm8#2’s post twice and still can’t believe my eyes! ;-) Truly great news.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

I was right!

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 6976

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

“aiming for a release in 2014 or 2015”
That means 2015 for sure. Maybe even 2016.

*looks at list of games to play*
*searches for both Syberia games on that list*
*looks at calendar*

Doable. Grin

No laptop and no games make Timmy a dull boy…
No laptop and no games make Timmy a dull boy…
No latpop and no games make Timmy a dull boy…
No laptop an dno gamse make Timmy a dull boy…
Nol aptop and no games maek Timmy a dulll boy…
No laptopa nd no gmeas make Timmmy au dll boy…

Total Posts: 6135

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Hmmm ...They did not go for a Kickstarter! Smile

i wonder (if) what is the Goal they would have they asked for!

if everyone here has been just a just bit conservative; stop making all those daily intense posts, we may could ‘ve been able to catch up with any of them, as no one have been able to catch up with all these recent intensive forums activities

Total Posts: 5518

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

it was

until I read

“aiming for a release in 2014 or 2015”

and it went to

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1211

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Jusy so people are aware Norton reported the Siliconeria website has a driveby infection on it: “Malicious exploit toolkit Website 4. Risk - High”.

Never cry for something that can’t cry for you.

Total Posts: 784

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Earlier heard that Sokal insist on Anvil(assassin’s creed’s engine) for developing a
promising Syberia 3 experience for multiplatforms.Now game is scheduled for 2015 means looks like he’s finally got green light for the ambitious ag project on is head.
3 years may be long for many ags but a whole new beginning for Sokal’s ingenious and worth waiting.

“The universe is a dream dreamed by a single dreamer where all the dream characters dream too.”

Total Posts: 198

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

That is some great news. I liked the previous 2 Syberia games, however I must admit that I don’t really see that extreme awesomeness in the Syberia games compared to other ‘new’ Adventure Games series.  I will probably get a lot of [email protected] from members of this forum for thinking that way, haha. Smile

Anticipating:The Devil’s Men

Recently played:GK1 Remake (4), A Golden Wake (3), Child of Light (4) Memento Mori 2 (4) Face Noir (3.5) Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (4) Blackwell Epiphany (4.5),Broken Sword 5(4.5), The Shivah Remake (4.5), Monkey Island 2 Remake (4.5)

Top 10 Adventure Games:Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within, Broken Sword:Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, Lost Horizon, Grim Fandago, The Longest Journey, Blackwell Epiphany

Total Posts: 205

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

Monolith - 26 November 2012 02:29 PM

I was right!

Me too. Smile
I’m cautiously optimistic. I’d like to see which studio will handle the development, hows gameplay mechanics etc.

Total Posts: 6135

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Niclas - 26 November 2012 04:52 PM

That is some great news. I liked the previous 2 Syberia games, however I must admit that I don’t really see that extreme awesomeness in the Syberia games compared to other ‘new’ Adventure Games series.  I will probably get a lot of [email protected] from members of this forum for thinking that way, haha. Smile

i think most things get valued by time, i can tell that those 2 Syberia(s) got their share of criticizing at their time ... mostly i can remember quite well how Syberia 2 was such a disappointment for many players at the time, and see? know we are all jumping for a 3rd Vol .

all those cons are being forgotten by time and the real good art remains ,look at today’s fresh Review for Deponia 2 and how it was agreed that it lacks much-needed animation i dont say its not correct but i mean is not wroth mentioning when we are talking about one of the best games in the year (for example if you asked me about my opinion in a game and i mentioned 5 pros i dont have to mention another 5 Cons) then i guess no one would mention such con for a WadjetEye’s Game , but this is how it goes even the the Classic adventures of the golden age could not pass without that sort of criticism .

P.S:Edna & Harvey the beark-out passed like any average game or even above average (doesnt matter) what matters that this game a REAL Gem by all means and i assure you in several years, maybe the next one we will be looking at it game with awe .

if everyone here has been just a just bit conservative; stop making all those daily intense posts, we may could ‘ve been able to catch up with any of them, as no one have been able to catch up with all these recent intensive forums activities

Total Posts: 5518

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Advie - 26 November 2012 07:35 PM

Edna & Harvey the beark-out passed like any average game or even above average (doesnt matter) what matters that this game a REAL Gem by all means and i assure you in several years, maybe the next one we will be looking at it game with awe .

Absolutely! Not everything needs to be an instant hit - rock was considered evil at the beginning. Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

diego - 26 November 2012 08:03 PM
Advie - 26 November 2012 07:35 PM

Edna & Harvey the beark-out passed like any average game or even above average (doesnt matter) what matters that this game a REAL Gem by all means and i assure you in several years, maybe the next one we will be looking at it game with awe .

Absolutely! Not everything needs to be an instant hit - rock was considered evil at the beginning. Grin

You mean…Rock’s not the devil’s music?  Confused

Naughty

Great news about S3. Hail Oscar! Hail Hans! Hail Sokal!

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-11-27-syberia-3-officially-announced

Eurogamer now has an article on Syberia III (or is it Syberia 3?).

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

Great news—I just wish I had more faith in the developer/publisher. Remember Still Life 2? I realise that was an external studio, but it still shows a lack of commitment from the publisher.

I hope Anuman are building a solid team and are staying away from the type of corner-cutting that ruins most European adventures: poor animation, sloppy localisation etc.

The main thing they need to get right is the wonderful, isolated atmosphere of the previous games.

Welcome to the AG forums! View the archived forums here »