• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Time to evaluate this year Adventures ?

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

It is obviously that (2012) is giving its best as it ends, but i thought of someone wanting to evaluate the games that came out so far ‘til now ,of course maybe someone else’‘s would say its too early yet but should we wait for the last day of the year to start this Topic .
then thank to the AG new feature of editing your post anytime anyone can change anything for anything better.

i think 2012 has been so generous as far with good Games and Much as well for instance Daedalic Entertainment had given 3 Adventures, and might surprise us with 4th before the year ends, telltale had giving the best series/episodes since its creation (Not IMO) by market standards,  and what is fun that all of this might be just a sort of warming up for the next year, which all adventurers have great high hopes for.

anyways, if anyone would like to mention the the best game he encountered this year or as many as he/she wants to mention ... or maybe just wait until Christmas or later on i mean to see the whole picture .

for me i see no harm in mentioning my favorites Now:

Resonance,Botanicula and Deponia 1&2 ...
those were actually the hot spots of the year so far

Below is a poll for Half a year of Adventures (2012) that was made at the mid of July.
http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/456/

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

There’s still some excellent looking games coming out shortly, so I think it’s a bit premature, maybe? Personally I can’t wait to play Primordia and have high hopes for it!

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Yes, it’s the end of the November, but some great games are coming, like those already released in Germany.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 24 November 2012 06:14 PM

There’s still some excellent looking games coming out shortly, so I think it’s a bit premature, maybe? Personally I can’t wait to play Primordia and have high hopes for it!

its kindda premature that why i added the Question mark at the thread title.
but do you think however Primordia will be great can easily replaces your opinion about your Fav so far,
Plus doesn’t they take months to create the Aggies…
anyways it your choice kasper , which i am sure it will be for many others as well.

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

I’m excited for the Aggies and for updates to the Top 100 (GK1 needs to be in the top 10!).

I still need to play some of this year’s games (see signature) and probably won’t get around to it for a couple months, but I’m guessing The Walking Dead is going to sweep the show.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Way too soon. At least another three weeks, if not four.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Fien - 24 November 2012 09:21 PM

Way too soon. At least another three weeks, if not four.

I’d say wait until the end of the January. Or February. Oscars, aggies…

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

IF I were to pick a favorite so far, it would probably be a toss up between Deponia and Resonance Smile

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2005-11-23

PM

I also think it’s too soon for that, considering December is a big month for new releases, as usual. But hey, I’ll go ahead and say that my favorite at this point is Cognition. And by far.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Definitely going to have to say Resonance at this current point of time. I found the whole adventure… pulchritudinous?

However, that might all change once I get a chance to play Virtue’s Last Reward.

Total Posts: 109

Joined 2009-03-01

PM

Don’t think there’s anything coming out this year that’ll beat The Walking Dead or Satinav’s Chains… and between the 2 I think I’ll go with WD.

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

AGOTY is TTOSH no doubt.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

This is going to be a difficult year for me to decide, but at the same time very interesting - there doesn’t seem to be a single outstanding game everyone agrees on so far.

It will probably between 4 or 5 games for GOTY, and hard to predict the winner.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

My two favourite games so far this year must be Chaos on Deponia and The Walking Dead. If I had to choose one of them it’d be Deponia 2, since it sticks to the formula I live and breathe for. I also have very high hopes for Daedalics 1954: Alcatraz, though I’m getting somewhat nervous as to whether the English version will see a 2012 release.

A list of worthy GOTY nominees could be nice to see in this thread.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Gabe - 25 November 2012 05:39 AM

AGOTY is TTOSH no doubt.

It took me a good 10 seconds to decode this… Tongue

Anyway, personally I like giving out “Best of the Year” awards AFTER the year is over, to make sure all of them are included. Otherwise you’d need a cutoff-point (like “December 1st”) and still count the games from the previous year that were released after the cutoff-point.

Anyway, I can’t vote on this category. I actually only played TWO games that were released in 2012, and neither of them were adventure games (Mass Effect 3 and London 2012).
I’m still in “(re)play the classics”-mode, and I have a LOT of catching up to do… Meh

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Gabe - 25 November 2012 05:39 AM

AGOTY is TTOSH no doubt.

I got the first bit, but not the second. The Tchains of SHatinav? Could fit, if you’re slightly drunk Tongue

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top