• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Microïds is now Anuman Interactive?

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

I just saw that Microïds is now a copyright of Anuman Interactive company. Is there a chance that we can see a Benoid Sokal game again?

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

There was supposed to be a Syberia III in development, but I would imagine that is probably on ice at the moment.

Until a kickstarter appears.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I don’t know if your post is intentional or not, but HOLY CRAP MICROIDS JUST ANNOUNCED DRACULA 4!:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/182137/Anuman_Interactive_unveils_ldquoDracula_the_Shadow_of_theDragonrdquo.php

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

It was not intentional, Diego. I just saw that Microïds is now under another flag and was curiouse of the fact. But your link put some “light” over the shades…

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

diego - 22 November 2012 05:58 PM

I don’t know if your post is intentional or not, but HOLY CRAP MICROIDS JUST ANNOUNCED DRACULA 4!:

Some studio we’ve never heard of is making a vampire game? Is that really worth the caps?

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

Well, is that or nothing, I guess. And I prefer the “that”...

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Kurufinwe - 22 November 2012 06:29 PM
diego - 22 November 2012 05:58 PM

Some studio we’ve never heard of is making a vampire game? Is that really worth the caps?

Fairly sure i’ve heard of Microids. They have made a couple of games.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

I copy-paste one of my previous post from another thread which connects with this topic a bit:

I believe the Syberia 3 will come. But I’m worried. There is no Microids studio anymore (it’s just a brand of Anuman, which is kinda funnily operating company ) and I doubt there is any internal talented competence left there to make the game. S3 might be outsourced. Maybe from SilverPlay entertainment, whose Louisiana Adventure might be a “test” how people react for their game (the game is ready, btw - to stay on topic, you can see what dev says here: http://www.silverplay.biz/index.html - game is ready, waiting publishing). As Sokal had an idea (dubious one, if you ask me) to make S3 entirely in 3D, SilverPlay with such Louisiana Adventure fits for Sokal’s requierment (Sokal’s wishes plays the role, thats for sure! Anuman would be crazy to make S3 without Sokal’s involvment).
Lets say SilverPlay is too distant company to make successful cooperation work (isn’t it in Austria?), or communication problems arise, whats in France? Maybe Wizarbox is up for the job? Their track record is not bad.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

lewuz - 23 November 2012 04:30 AM

I copy-paste one of my previous post from another thread which connects with this topic a bit:

I believe the Syberia 3 will come. But I’m worried. There is no Microids studio anymore (it’s just a brand of Anuman, which is kinda funnily operating company ) and I doubt there is any internal talented competence left there to make the game. S3 might be outsourced. Maybe from SilverPlay entertainment, whose Louisiana Adventure might be a “test” how people react for their game (the game is ready, btw - to stay on topic, you can see what dev says here: http://www.silverplay.biz/index.html - game is ready, waiting publishing). As Sokal had an idea (dubious one, if you ask me) to make S3 entirely in 3D, SilverPlay with such Louisiana Adventure fits for Sokal’s requierment (Sokal’s wishes plays the role, thats for sure! Anuman would be crazy to make S3 without Sokal’s involvment).
Lets say SilverPlay is too distant company to make successful cooperation work (isn’t it in Austria?), or communication problems arise, whats in France? Maybe Wizarbox is up for the job? Their track record is not bad.

If S3 is going to end up anything like Louisiana Adventure, then you can count me out. The game is a buggy wreck and very far from the professionalism we would usually expect from Microids.

Total Posts: 2989

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Actually Microids (praise Benoit Sokal) is a very well-known studio (Syberia Games, Amerzone, Dracula games, etc)...

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

Correction - Microids was a development studio, eg Syberias.
Microids was also a publisher, eg it didn’t make Draculas, just published.
Nowdays it’s just a brand - a sticker Anuman puts on the box to lure in old adventure fans.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

lewuz - 23 November 2012 08:35 AM

Nowdays it’s just a brand - a sticker Anuman puts on the box to lure in old adventure fans.

If you were president of a big conglomerate company which happened to acquire LucasArts, AND you’re planning on releasing adventure games in the future, would you change the name to “Whatchamacallit Software” or keep with the LucasArts brand?

By the way, French game/adventure scene always had a turbulent history, with companies being merged, disbanded, bought… but somehow, the quality was always there - NEITHER of the Dracula games were made by the same company, but we can agree they’re all solid games.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

diego - 23 November 2012 08:47 AM

If you were president of a big conglomerate company which happened to acquire LucasArts, AND you’re planning on releasing adventure games in the future, would you change the name to “Whatchamacallit Software” or keep with the LucasArts brand?

I understand the reason why Microids is used. I tried to imply that if gamer sees the Microids name on the box, s/he shouldn’t expect Microids handwriting/spirit/quality etc as there isn’t same team behind. Smile

By the way, French game/adventure scene always had a turbulent history, with companies being merged, disbanded, bought…

I know Smile

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Sefir - 23 November 2012 08:10 AM

Actually Microids (praise Benoit Sokal) is a very well-known studio (Syberia Games, Amerzone, Dracula games, etc)...

As lewuz said, at this point Microids is just a brand name used by the publisher. The developer of this new game is a studio named Koalab, which nobody has ever heard of (they don’t even have a proper website). So forgive me for not getting excited just yet.

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

As far as S3 is concerned…I had followed the game’s Facebook page since it was the only source of news for a long time and Anuman was saying that they hadn’t started but were negotiating Sokal’s cooperation.On the other hand Sokal had stated that he wanted 3D and it would be the only way for him to participate.I guess with Assassin’s Creed and all the new games he’s become a hardcore fan of 3D.He was also more of a lead on visuals rather than story so it’s not that hard to understand why he wanted to change things and that his problem is a visual one.
Since then I haven’t heard anything that this partnership was successful(though I stopped checking on the Fb page) but it’s been at least a year now.I’m not overly optimistic and since Sokal and his team isn’t there,Microids doesn’t feel Microids to me.
On another note,I wonder what he’s doing right now…after Whitebirds shut down there’s no other news from him(at least none I’ve seen/heard).

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Just saw this posted on the Microids Official facebook page. What does it mean?

Syberia? Or just the new Dracula game already mentioned.

Throughout the month they’ve been posting quite a bit of random stuff.

EDIT: Previously they posted the following images, also without any context. Just the images and no caption.

and this

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top