Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Police Quest 1

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2018-03-21

PM

This is embarrassing. I played this game as a kid. But as an adult, I cannot even get past the gazette. Where is the gazette? Actually, don’t tell me. Just tell me if I’m doing anything wrong - that I should keep looking. Thanks.

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2012-06-30

PM

Have fun which Police Quest 1 version are you playing EGA or the VGA remake ?

Total Posts: 483

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

It’s the paper manual that came with the VGA version of the game, as copy protection. (In the original the copy protection was the police handbook.)

You can download a PDF here: http://www.sierrahelp.com/Games/PoliceQuest/PQ1VGAHelp.html

Joined 2018-03-21

PM

Thanks fov!

Joined 2018-03-21

PM

Did they streamline the whole driving thing? I vaguely remember the driving was a nightmare in PQ1 back in the day. Or was it PQ2?

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2012-06-30

PM

Police Quest 2 and 4 you don’t drive. I do prefer the driving in PQ1 EGA over the VGA remake and 3 though.

Joined 2018-03-21

PM

Oh yeah, they don’t drive in 4…now I recall. It is kind of like the Gabriel Knight reboot I played where you don’t ride your motorbike from place to place. I haven’t played 3 ever. I don’t think I have played 2 either but I’m not entirely sure. I finished both EGA and VGA when I was very young but I forgot everything so it is fun rediscovering the game.

Going to the Delphoria mission now. Wish me luck but no hints.

Welcome to the AG forums! View the archived forums here »