• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissiekanaifu

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Your half a year of the 2018 releases resolution. 

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

It seems like a rich year so far, yet humble, but has a lot of potentials! not to mention the upcoming exciting releases, that the more we move toward its end the more they seem they are going to make this one of the years of adventure gaming.

Take a look at the good to great releases that came during those past 6 months, but this post is only about my experience and IMO, and it is up to you confirm with your own experiences the potential of this year, or deny it :

CHUCHEL: worth mentioning (tho it is the least best from Amanita Design)

I fell from Grace: not my traditional 3rd person adventure but no doubt about its rather nice, new approach to the genre.

Detroit: Become Human i cant really judge it, as it stopped playing when my system crashed with the uneven requirements for it! but many had it praised tho not as Cage’s predecessor

Earthworms an amazing experience, its what a dark (not horror) adventure should be, its like i was playing Harry Angel of Angel Heart movie all the time, freaky responses he gave all the time (wish it had voice acting)... the site gave it 3.5 but i yet must call that being underrated for the game.

The Dark Inside Me Chapter 1 well, if you wanna be the bad guy, here is your chance! but other than this new (kinda) approach, it is not that good

Unforeseen Incidents not the greatest story, but the puzzles, Maaan!, they are so rewarding when figuring them out by your own, the same feeling that I’ve gotten from the classics (mostly Sierra) after going thru the frustration it is known for and then come on the other side of them a winner.
Unforeseen Incidents puzzles are awesome and not the typical ones, we had enough from, beating them is always terrific; they are the kinda puzzles where/when you mostly are not sure and dont know really if they are gonna work and then BOOM! they are solved!, i love this feeling! and don’t worry its not as Sierra’ frustrating puzzles by any chance.

Detective_Gallo the quirky adventure you expect when you are expecting something like DotT, not bad at all.

Orwell: ignorance is strength have not played yet but i am expecting it is gonna be good as its predecessor

Stories Unload i am on it now, and it seems that its satisfying my need for playing a 1st person adventure, so far.

The Office Quest uh, nuthing to say, but these little adventures that fill in the void until you are ready to play a new great one, always are handy and desirable.

Pillars of the Earth not very happy with Daedalic new direction but also not very disappointed i thought i would be.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Advie - 08 July 2018 10:18 AM

Detroit: Become Human i cant really judge it, as it stopped playing when my system crashed with the uneven requirements for it! but many had it praised tho not as Cage’s predecessor

Uneven requirements for a PS4 only game ??

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Probably an emulator.  I want to play it, don’t have a PS4 any more so am interested if there are ways to play it on PC?

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Lucien21 - 08 July 2018 01:08 PM

Uneven requirements for a PS4 only game ??

i guess shouldn’t be saying this, but i will mind what i say so it wouldnt give info that would be used as or in an illegal contribution.
The game is hacked for PC Lucien. starts? yeah.. works well? no!.
but there were those with better sys than mine who did work it out all the way. Sorry for whoever is concerned.
Meh

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Oh, I would have been happy if there were an emulator where I still had to stick the actual game in my drive but I can’t be dealing with that…nonsense. Tongue

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

dumbeur - 08 July 2018 02:01 PM

Oh, I would have been happy if there were an emulator where I still had to stick the actual game in my drive but I can’t be dealing with that…nonsense. Tongue

exactly, nonsense, let us end it this way, or we would arouse some admin interaction. Smile
sorry admins, that was that.
let’s move on about the thread objective, it is not about Detriot and PC relationship Grin

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

It seems like a rich year so far, yet humble, but has a lot of potentials! not to mention the upcoming exciting releases, that the more we move toward its end the more they seem they are going to make this one of the years of adventure gaming.

This year certainly seems to be very much balanced towards Q3 and Q4, as far as interesting releases are concerned.

The good news is that there will be 1-5 long-awaited Kickstarter games released (assuming they will be released…).

The bad news is that unless there are some surprise releases or some games go way over their expectations, none of the 2018 games is going to climb very high in the all-time top list. I hope to be proven wrong about this…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top