• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissiertrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

My Brother Rabbit

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Artifex Mundi developer takes a new turn into its first upcoming adventure (P&C)

Beautiful hand-drawn artwork.. looks very beautiful, really!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/855640/My_Brother_Rabbit/

Total Posts: 5594

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

It is a hidden object game, but it still looks like it’ll be fun to play.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

who would’ve guessed!

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Lady Kestrel - 28 June 2018 05:30 PM

It is a hidden object game, but it still looks like it’ll be fun to play.

Bringing back the thread. Got this in the email today. If you like the “how the song got made” portion, make sure you follow to the end and listen to the song itself. There’s a lot of Enya in this. Which makes me think that Artifex is really trying to make this a casual with exceptionally high production values. We shall see, but I’m looking forward to this.

I’ve played my average of a new casual every other week. Sorry I’ve not reported on them, but there is nothing really exciting to report. Played two new Edge of Reality games.They’re not awful. But the best thing that can be said is that the Corgi mascot is adorable and survives both games.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I just took a look at Steam, and there is a lot of promo going on for this game. Makes me wonder if Artifex is changing its distribution methods. It comes out in about five days. Hope it will be available on BFG. Which is where I would expect to find it.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

My Brother Rabbit just released. Here’s a link to the main page. It’s available on both Steam and GoG, but not BFG, which I find strange because I assume this is a casual game and Artifex has released numerous titles on BFG. I will look to see if there is a demo anywhere. Which will tell us what the game is.

Edit: One thing I can say is that the purchase price on GoG is $14.99 US. Which is considerably higher than the member price we’re used to paying on BFG. I’ve queried Artifex about this. I’ll post an update if I get a reply.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2006-12-29

PM

Artifex Mundi may be turning over a new leaf. I saw their other upcoming game Irony Curtain at the gamescom this year and that was not a hidden-object casual game at all; it was as traditional an adventure game as they come.

edit: Took a better look at the steam page and it seems My Brother Rabbit certainly has some hidden-object sequences in it, but is not focused on them much and may be straddling the line between hidden-object games and more traditional fare. Hmm.

The golden age of mathematics - that was not the age of Euclid, it is ours. -Cassius Jackson Keyser

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

It’s actually very much a hidden object game, though not the standard “junk pile” kind. The closest comparison is Tiny Bang Story. Navigate a few beautiful scenes at a time, uncover objectives that require X number of the same items (displayed on screen), then scour environments to find them (sometimes in plain sight, sometimes hidden). Often uncovering all of the first kind of item opens a new objective that requires finding Y number of another item, and so on, such that eventually you’re looking for multiples of several things at once.

There are some minigame-style puzzles to solve as well. No dialogue, just wordless pictograms to convey tasks.

Total Posts: 5594

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

That reminds me of Leaves 1 & 2.  Throughout those games the player searches for the leaves that blew away, but there’s exploration and some clever puzzles to solve along the way.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

It’s not a demo, but here is a sample of the first 12-minutes of gameplay, as released by Artifex-Mundi. It is, obviously a hidden object game. But, strangely, I’m not sure that’s enough to categorize it as casual. Let’s see what others think. Regardless, it looks and sounds gorgeous.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 72

Joined 2017-03-27

PM

Artifex Mundi has been operating as publisher for several smaller devs for at least a couple of years. The ones I can remember are Brave Giant, Sunward Games, Sodigital, The House of Fables, Orchid Games, Tap It Games, World Loom and Cordelia Games. That’s why most are released at Steam before Big Fish. To my knowledge, AM is not doing a lot of in-house development with the exception of My Brother Rabbit and Irony Curtain. About a year ago, I played a beta for Irony Curtain, which is a little adventure game - no hidden objects, under a different title that I can’t remember now and enjoyed it although two friends did not. I haven’t purchased My Brother Rabbit yet but I will. And I’ll buy it at Steam because Steam takes a smaller cut than Big Fish does. Like a lot of other HOPA devs, AM is branching out in different directions. AM is, I think, the only HOPA dev at GOG. Their games are also sold at HumbleBundle and Idiegala with deep discount for bundles. AM posts regularly at another game forum, Pond Friends. http://pondfriends.boards.net/thread/474/artifex-mundi

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

rtrooney - 23 September 2018 07:09 PM

But, strangely, I’m not sure that’s enough to categorize it as casual.

“Casual” is really such a meaningless term. Scavenger hunts, by any measure, are entirely casual by their very nature. But My Brother Rabbit is by no means easy. No hints, no puzzle skips, and only vague, abstract clues with serious bottlenecks to get the last few items per stage.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

The reply I received from AM re: why they are not selling on BFG is as follows.

Hi Tim!

Thank you for contacting us!
This game is not on BFG because it was developed and published by our company (self publishing). BFG has nothing in common with that Smile

Best regards,
Aneta, Artifex Mundi Team

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top