• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Becky

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Yeli Orog - A completely FMV adventure game

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2018-06-24

PM

For years I imagined making a completely FMV interactive story/puzzle game (think Myst but made entirely with videos). Last year I finally got around to figuring out how to make the game mechanics work, and little by little put together Yeli Orog. The game takes place in Asturias, Spain and was filmed in various locations there.

Yeli Orog is a FMV adventure game about an immense archaeological discovery: A bizarre stone tablet written in the Celtiberian language found buried underneath an ancient dolmen in northern Spain. The inscription written on the tablet tells a ghoulish tale believed to be the Celtiberian origin myth.

You play the role of Johnny Robin, an archaeologist sent to Asturias, Spain to assist in the recovery of Celtiberian remains. Upon arrival to Asturias you find yourself unexpectedly transported to an alien world, experiencing first-hand the terrifying story written on the ancient tablet.

If you are a fan of Myst-like games, interactive stories with puzzle elements, and FMV games, I think you will appreciate Yeli Orog. If you have any questions about the game let me know.

Here is the steam page:
Yeli Orog Steam Page

Itch.io page:
Yeli Orog on Itch.io

Here is the trailer:
Yeli Orog Trailer

Some in-game screenshots:

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Really looking forward to this one already; wishlisted!

Joined 2018-06-24

PM

dumbeur - 25 June 2018 12:23 PM

Really looking forward to this one already; wishlisted!

I hope you enjoy it, I’m very excited to release it.

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Looks really good! I’ll be sure to check it out Smile

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2018-06-26

PM

Seriously, I can’t wait!

Joined 2018-06-24

PM

Sir Beardalot - 25 June 2018 02:57 PM

Looks really good! I’ll be sure to check it out Smile

Hardyguardy - 26 June 2018 08:18 AM

Seriously, I can’t wait!

I hope you like it, I had been envisioning an FMV game like this for a while, I’m very happy with how it turned out.

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Released (and very cheap!).  Wish I had time to play it immediately.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/886270/Yeli_Orog/

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Wow, only 3 bucks! I picked it up and will try to find some time to play it this weekend Smile

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Wow! Just finished it in one sitting (more on that later).  What a thrilling, psychedelic ride.  That one(?) person could do this is truly impressive.  Good puzzles, great storyline and amazing atmosphere.  Very innovative.

There were a couple of bold choices made which I’m not sure about.  They ended up working for me but may turn some people off. 

Firstly, there is no way to save (this is clearly intentional), so you’re either playing it all in one go or leaving it running on your PC till you’re done (or restarting it each time).  I couldn’t give up on it so now I’m quite wired from playing the game, it’s 2am, and I have to be up in a few hours. Grin

The second bold choice was potentially quite a frustrating part where you die and have to go back and repeat your actions several times till you get it right and you’re on a very short timer at each point.  The last one took me several goes and I’m normally not fond of this type of thing in adventure games (as many are not on this forum) but I just treated it as a puzzle and it ended up being satisfying to complete.

I’m pretty sure I did the wrong thing at the end so will likely have to play through it again from the start but I’m actually looking forward to that.

I just checked and it took me ~2 hours to complete (felt like more, in a good way) so make sure to leave that long to play it before you start.

It’s a short game from a small studio and it may not be for everyone (but you have to try it).  If it’s for you, I think you’ll love it and I’ve now somehow played two 10/10 in a short space of time (the other one was Gorogoa).

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

dumbeur - 15 July 2018 09:13 PM

Wow! Just finished it in one sitting (more on that later).  What a thrilling, psychedelic ride.  That one(?) person could do this is truly impressive.  Good puzzles, great storyline and amazing atmosphere.  Very innovative.

Just curious, what do you mean by psychedelic? One of the game’s tags is “horror” which makes me uneasy because I hate horror. But I love FMV games so I’m torn.

Meh

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Hmmm if you truly hate horror it may very well not be for you.  It’s odd, I can see how it could be a very scary experience but there were no jump scares.  It was just incredibly creepy the whole way through.  I certainly wouldn’t judge anyone for running screaming from it. Tongue

I would defo wait for a few more reviews before deciding on it in your case but it depends on why you hate horror.

As to the psychedelic part, there were some elements that were very reminiscent of an acid/mushroom trip, maybe even a bad one! Gasp   I wouldn’t be totally shocked to find there was some inspiration drawn from that well.

Joined 2018-06-24

PM

Yeli Orog is now available on Itch.io for anyone who wanted a non-Steam version:

https://yeliorog.itch.io/yeli-orog

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top