• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Nico2021Veovis

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Best Adventures on Android? 

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2004-08-20

PM

So, what are the best adventure games for android?  Speaking mainly for android phones. 

Heard Machinarium is quite good

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I’m currently playing Machinarium on my PS3 and it’s great - don’t know how well it runs on tablets though.

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

There is at least one project porting AGS to Android, so you can, in theory, play most recent AGS games. I have never tested it on any of my devices but it’s certainly worth a shot.

Also, you might already know that but the current Humble Bundle batch includes Android versions of Superbrothers (I didn’t like it on the PC), Machinarium (if you beat the average) and a bunch of other non-adventure games.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

You can also get ScummVM for free on Google Play which will allow you to play some old games on your phone including Broken Sword, Kings Quest games and others.

Broken Sword Director’s cut is also available on Google Play as an official app.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I too enjoyed Machinarium, it’s quite unique and definitely worth trying.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 49

Joined 2004-11-26

PM

Intense Degree - 15 November 2012 05:14 PM

You can also get ScummVM for free on Google Play which will allow you to play some old games on your phone including Broken Sword, Kings Quest games and others.

Broken Sword Director’s cut is also available on Google Play as an official app.

I’m really enjoying the Broken Sword director’s cut app.  The interface has been really easy for me. I’m listening with headphones and the audio has been just slightly wonky-some volume differences without me adjusting and occasionally they sound like they’re in an echo chamber-but it hasn’t really detracted from the fun for me.

Resident science freak

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I’ve got ScummVM working on my android phone. I haven’t tried to play anything on it yet but I just found out you can use it to play a surprisingly large number of games - all the old Lucasarts, Sierra, Discworld, Kyrandia, Goblins, even stuff like 7th Guest and lots more. It’s amazing how much compatibility the program has gained since it first came out.

You can also get dosbox app for android which allows you to play just about anything pre Win 95

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2008-04-03

PM

TerminusEst - 15 November 2012 02:45 PM

There is at least one project porting AGS to Android, so you can, in theory, play most recent AGS games. I have never tested it on any of my devices but it’s certainly worth a shot.

The Android version of AGS works pretty well, and I believe with a little fix I linked to in some other thread here recently, you can run most of the older AGS games too.

www.hardydev.com - blogging about indie and underground adventures

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2012-04-11

PM

Machinarium is a good adventure. The genre plays well on tablets. As others have said ScummVM is godlike on mobile devices and you should definitely get it!

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2006-10-02

PM

Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart. I just played this game and it is brilliant. It is a very easy game, but it’s beautiful, well thought out and a good story. Best I’ve played on my android phone so far. Get it!

Joined 2013-01-07

PM

Broken Sword 1 and 2 are solid ports.

Machinarium is OK.

There are also a few good bite-sized titles such as The Haunt and The Haunt 2.

However, I can’t imagine playing any of the above on a phone. Adventure gaming works way better on tablets.

Joined 2012-12-24

PM

Best Adventure Android games looks impressive and became one of the most popular games, such as Cartoon Wars by GAMEVIL, Space Ace and Cryptic Keep. 

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

As far as native stuff goes, it’s slim pickins. Superbrothers and the Broken Sword games. Machinarium is great, but tablet-exclusive.

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Came across this site looking for games for my android Transformer.  Most of the games work on phones as well:

http://android.mob.org/genre/kvesty/  Best games for Android (and other mobile devices)

Right now I’m playing The Time Machine, a little hidden object game with gorgeous rendering that is just right when I don’t have time for a real game.

Total Posts: 90

Joined 2008-09-01

PM

Frogacuda - 09 January 2013 12:22 PM

As far as native stuff goes, it’s slim pickins. Superbrothers and the Broken Sword games. Machinarium is great, but tablet-exclusive.

Nope. Works on my S3 just fine.

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2013-02-15

PM

You can try ‘The Odyssey HD’ for android.
It’s a very good point and click game.

REVIEW HERE

Download here the free lite version which is quite long!
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD FREE LITE VERSION

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top