• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Thursday 15 November 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Today is World Philosophy Day, so let’s all spare a thought for the stupid, shallow people (such as Sunny Blonde in So Blonde) who finally see the light and decide to be (a bit) more than a waste a biological material.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I actually really liked So Blonde, except for the excess of needless mini-games.

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I need to replay it. At this point, the only thing I remember are the loading screens. (Those really killed the game for me. In the end, I wasn’t even trying to solve the puzzles anymore, because I dreaded making any unnecessary trip and have to wait 15 seconds between each screen. The moron who decided that it was OK to release the game in that state needs to leave the game industry forever.)

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Kurufinwe - 15 November 2012 11:42 AM

I need to replay it.

I’d advise against it. Innocent Play one of the great Legend Entertainment games instead.

At this point, the only thing I remember are the loading screens. (Those really killed the game for me. In the end, I wasn’t even trying to solve the puzzles anymore, because I dreaded making any unnecessary trip and have to wait 15 seconds between each screen. The moron who decided that it was OK to release the game in that state needs to leave the game industry forever.)

Only 15 seconds? Wow, I envy you. Most of the time I had to wait 1-3 minutes. Yes, minutes.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Fien - 15 November 2012 12:30 PM

I’d advise against it. Innocent Play one of the great Legend Entertainment games instead.

I replay everything, so I’ll get around to So Blonde at some point. Honestly, it’s not high on my list (though I recall the game between the loading screens was ok).

Only 15 seconds? Wow, I envy you. Most of the time I had to wait 1-3 minutes. Yes, minutes.

Wow. I can’t remember exactly how long it was for me (definitely too long; and it kept getting worse as the game progressed, for some reason), but I don’t think it was that bad.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I don’t know how you guys have time to replay everything? There are so many adventure games (thousands. maybe tens of thousands) and I haven’t even replayed the best of them. And it’s not even like I’m ultra-busy or anything.

But So Blonde. Even if I had all the time in the world, I don’t think I’ll ever be short enough of adventure games to play that I’ll resort to playing So Blonde, let alone replaying it. My short taste of Captain Morgane had the effect of sending anything by Wizarbox right to the bottom of my “to play” list.

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2005-11-23

PM

It’s too bad when technical shortcomings are the things people remember about a game, even years after release. You know when people say that well-written stories or good graphics are so important? Well, screw that! Quality assurance is the most crucial ingredient of them all! The hell with the design and writing, I want TOP OF THE LINE QA, damn it!

I recently purchased Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle and I sure hope the loading times were improved in that one. I’m currently replaying Gray Matter (another Wizarbox-produced adventure) and those load screens are annoying as all hell, even on a solid state drive!

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

When done well, background art is one of the things I appreciate most in adventure games, and few games does it as well as So Blonde and Capt. Morgane.

Sadly, that was just about the only thing they did well, and the graphics alone is the reason I finished them. I usually never resort to walkthroughs, unless I’ve been stuck for days, but In So Blonde, I got so sick of the loading screens that after a while I started fearing moving to another screen. The last half of the game, I found myself checking the walkthrough whenever I didn’t know in which screen the next puzzle would be at…

There were some good puzzles, but in Capt.Morgane in particilar I got frustrated by the lack of responses. A lot of things I tried doing would simply result in nothing. No response, no sound, no nothing. Like this one time, you needed water, there were 4 perfectly good sources of water around, but for no (said) reason, only 1 of them would have the “correct” water.

I was also quite surprised (and that is putting it mildly) to learn that Steve Ince had been involved with the story. I found the story (and feel) of both games to be substancially inferior to anything I’ve ever played before with Steve Ince on the label.

@ Zin, yes there are no loadingscreens in Capt Morgane. (atleast not lenghty ones).

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2005-11-23

PM

Dag - 15 November 2012 03:23 PM

@ Zin, yes there are no loadingscreens in Capt Morgane. (atleast not lenghty ones).

Thank you, that is excellent! I’ll probably move it ahead in my gaming schedule just for that.

Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top