• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Full English online adventure game

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

Hi everyone,

I’m new on this forum, but I’m an occasional lurker and read the site. I’m posting because I’ve been working on an online adventure game which we’ve just released. It’s been a labour of love, because I and the rest of the team have always wanted to make a LucasArts-style adventure, but in Flash. It’s British (warning! British gags), features voice cast including Richard Ayoade (IT Crowd) and I’d love to have some feedback.

It’s not a hardcore / tough adventure game – more of a vehicle for jokes, and we wanted people to bomb through the game, rather than get stuck for ages on a puzzle, so you’ll probably get to the end of it in under an hour. There are two chapters at the moment, with a third coming tomorrow and a fourth next week.

Let me know what you think! Hoping you enjoy it. This ain’t Spam btw - I just want to get it seen by some adventure fans. Cheers!

http://www.channel4.com/fullenglish

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

You are right it’s not a hardcore game. I banged through it in about 30 mins.

Havn’t watched the show so the characters were new to me.

I see you nicked the hint coins from Layton. LOL.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I loved the humor, awesome jokes, I liked the voice-acting, and I’d say this has the potential to become a masterpiece of an adventure game. Sadly, most of the cutscenes wouldn’t load for me, and one of them froze completely in the middle.

I think you should have turned up the difficulty a couple notches though, afterall, with a build-in hint system, few people would allow themselves to get stuck to the point of frustration. As it is now, as it presented me with no challenge, it felt like watching an animated show (though a very good one) that kept pausing, requiring simple mouseclicks to continue.

Though the layout was beautiful, some light and shadow in the artwork, to create depth, could have lifted the look considerably. I know it’s 2D (which also is my favourite presentation), but even for 2D this was extremely “flat”.

Just my thoughts on changes I think could catapult the game into something deserving of world recognition. Anyway, thank you for a very entertaining half hour Wink Hope we’ll be seeing more from you!

PS. Did I understand correctly, that the game is based on an upcoming animation show? If so, you can count on me watching it! Smile

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Yeah, I’d like to see the show too, now. Had a lot of fun with the game.

“I AM NOT A LESBIAN!” is quite a funny sentence when being shouted by a man. Tongue

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

Thanks for your feedback, everyone.

You’re all right, that it’s not very challenging. The promising thing is that we tested it with people who don’t normally play games (as well as gamers), and they still enjoyed it and managed to progress. So part of the challenge is to strike a balance between new and seasoned gamers. Perhaps the game will help convert some non-gamers into playing more games…

Dag - Odd that the cutscenes wouldn’t load - do you mind me asking what spec your PC is? If you’re on a notebook / system with low memory, you may experience problems. As for art style, because the game accompanies a TV show, the art style was copied from that, which is very flat. I see what you mean though.

Lucien21 - if Layton ain’t broke, why fix it! Sarcastic

Because you asked: the show is on Channel 4 (UK) late on Monday nights (started this week).

That next game chapter is going out later today - I’ll post to let you know when.

Thanks

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

The cutscenes not loading was apparently related to lightning strikes in the neighbourhood, causing the router to become dysfunctional.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

I just played this and really enjoyed it! Good job.  It took me a while to figure out that you could pass your inventory to another person, as in Day of the Tentacle. Once I figured that out, it wasn’t too hard, but, enjoyable.

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

Dag - 19 November 2012 08:44 PM

The cutscenes not loading was apparently related to lightning strikes in the neighbourhood, causing the router to become dysfunctional.

Not sure why, but that amused me greatly.

The fourth and final chapter is now available btw. Please have a go and let me know what you think. Also, let me know roughly how long you think it took you to get from beginning to end. Just curious about the game length.

Also if you have any best / worst parts, that would also be interesting to know. Thanks everyone

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top