• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Alvin From Earth - community driven adventure

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2015-01-05

PM

EDIT2 : See the latest episode 5 on Youtube :

EDIT2 : See the latest episode 4 on Youtube :

EDIT : Our Kickstarter campaign succeeded! Go claim your reward whether it’d be your name in the credits, your pixel art in one of the episodes or even let us know what should a character say in one of the episodes!

Alvin From Earth

—-
Original post :
—-

Hi there fellow adventure lovers!

We are proud to announce our first title in what hopefully is a series of many stories with mixed game/series genre : Alvin From Earth.

The whole idea in the game-series is that it will be driven by the community! - the players will actually get to affect the story once every week!

We are looking for beta testers for the first bunch, so real genre lovers, ahoy!
If you are interested to join the closed Beta - we are giving away free VIP tickets at : https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeWLE4hGUuPThDtvAZ07YJpqDqUbA-frGcsZ0sR38sW9DLG7Q/viewform

No installation needed atm, the beta works online at least. In the future we are aiming mobile/PC/Steam platforms at least.

Joined 2015-01-05

PM

Oh, and some quick sneak peak of the animation style :

Total Posts: 60

Joined 2017-08-22

PM

Nice! Have you used the “prince of persia-style rotoscoping” for the animation? Looks snappy Smile

I make stuff:
twitter @Mammothtree

and scream loudly:
https://signorojo.bandcamp.com/

Joined 2015-01-05

PM

Thanks!
Actually, yes. But more like Another world (Out of this world)/Flashback -kind of vector engine type way and we’re throwing some clever A.I combined with hard working labour to get that look Smile

Will share a making of possibly at some point!

Joined 2015-01-05

PM

Oh, and Loved the Omnichronic! Nice witty lines there!

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

That is some nice animation indeed!

How will the community involvement work? Are we talking telltale-style decision tracking with the most popular choices being picked up in the next episode, or a regular vote on what to do next, or something else?

Joined 2015-01-05

PM

Thanks!

That’s exactly what we’re testing with the Beta. We have few variations in mind but go with regular vote first and then improv-theatre style “shouts from the audience”. Later on we’re thinking adding more game like elements in an app for mobiles & pc.

Joined 2015-01-05

PM

Wow! We got altogether over 150 VIP Beta testers! Thanks everybody!

The sign up for Beta is closed now but I’ll keep posting more of the shenanigans of the project here. In case you missed the Beta sign up and would like to be informed First Handed and get to see sneak peak of the exclusive content and Early Adapter bonuses, do subscribe at : alvinfromearth.com

Thanks again guys! We’re very excited!

Total Posts: 60

Joined 2017-08-22

PM

Teemu Eramaa - 20 June 2018 09:12 AM

Oh, and Loved the Omnichronic! Nice witty lines there!

Why thank you very much! Smile

Glad to hear you got so many beta-testers, best of luck to you!

I make stuff:
twitter @Mammothtree

and scream loudly:
https://signorojo.bandcamp.com/

Joined 2015-01-05

PM

Hi guys!

We’re actually out on our first EPISODE of Alvin From Earth!
If you’re interested, you can see the first episode by joining our Facebook group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/1822006924552857/

I was invited to ASSEMBLY ARTtech in Helsinki this month to talk about ALVIN.
The title of my talk was :
“REVIVING ADVENTURE GAME GENRE TO THE MODERN YOUTUBE & TWITCH.COM AUDIENCES”

If you’re interested, you can see the seminar talk here :

The speech in short :
I talk about my personal journey to Adventure games, and then the seeming “death” of the genre.
Then I compare Point-n-Click adventures to Theater and give examples how the successful Youtubers are using Improv Theater as a tool for their online shows.
Then I showcase our Alvin From Earth -episodic adventure series as an example of a new way to create adventure games.

Joined 2015-01-05

PM

We just released episode 02 and working on episode 03 based on Beta users input. It is very interesting to follow what people input. There is weirdly similar suggestions sometimes.

See the episode 02 here :

If you didn’t catch the first one, you can start from it here :

Joined 2015-01-05

PM

Thanks for the readers tagging along this far, we have just launched a KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN aiming to raise $2,500 USD.

We’re really excited and getting all that feedback feels really good Smile

Feel free to ask me questions here if you have any!

Joined 2015-01-05

PM

Soon breaking 70% funded! We added few extra special rewards giving you the option to get your images or audio to be put in the coming episodes, go check them out at : ALVIN FROM EARTH - KICKSTARTER

Joined 2015-01-05

PM

Funded! Super happy and excited and already pushing a long nighter working on the next brand new episode! Our game development has been also advancing, hoping to launch an app later this year after the episodes are out!

There’s still 24h left in the Kickstarter Campaign if you want to book your VIP pass : https://tinyurl.com/alvin18

Joined 2015-01-05

PM

Hi everyone!

It’s on! The episode IV is out! See & vote directly on the video at :

The Kickstarter backers get to suggest objects Alvin will find in his locker on the next episode. Stuff that has been brought for Bob Johnson (whom they were SUPPOSED TO abduct but accidently took Alvin instead) from planet Earth. Anyone can vote their favourites.

If anyone of you is at AdventureX this weekend, see you there - feel free to come to chat!

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

Alvin sounds a bit like Tommy Wiseau :p

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top