• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

This year is heavy with fine releases, maybe the best since…

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I suggested in Patreon a filter by year in top reviewed games, but still not implemented.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

SpeedBo - 13 June 2018 06:56 PM

Mobygames is a great resource for finding games by genre or year. With the different options you can narrow it down pretty good.
http://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/windows/adventure/2017/

Other than that, ask Zobraks he knows a place.

the best place to look over releases with the less irrelevant(s) ‘anything there, everything but arranged titles, by years or albeit…etc (plus links to their reviews and whatnot) and its also what Zobraks and Fien used and the latter introduced to me was/is PAGODAGAMESDATABASE!

Edit: something is going on about their updates for the current year 2018, tho all the past year’s coverages are still magnificent as they are/were.
i dont know but they haven’t ever missed a release, in time!. I hope the one(s) behind it is in good health, there is no other reason but incapability! and usually, that is due to some health problem.

Total Posts: 683

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

Advie - 13 June 2018 08:00 PM

Mobygames is a great resource for finding games by genre or year. With the different options you can narrow it down pretty good.

the best place to look over releases with the less irrelevant(s) ‘anything there, everything but arranged titles, by years or albeit…etc (plus links to their reviews and whatnot) and its also what Zobraks and Fien used and the latter introduced to me was/is PAGODAGAMESDATABASE!

Edit: something is going on about their updates for the current year 2018, tho all the past year’s coverages are still magnificent as they are/were.
i dont know but they haven’t ever missed a release, in time!. I hope the one(s) behind it is in good health, there is no other reason but incapability! and usually, that is due to some health problem.

That’s not the site I was thinking of, but thanks for mentioning it. I remember seeing it before, but I had forgotten about it.

I Am the Knight of the Order of the Sun!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

SpeedBo - 13 June 2018 08:37 PM
Advie - 13 June 2018 08:00 PM

That’s not the site I was thinking of, but thanks for mentioning it. I remember seeing it before, but I had forgotten about it.

i searched a bit you have made me very anxious to know which’s you implying!
is it published (the site) in English?

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

If you’re a fan of Lovecraftian games, it’s definitely a good year, with at least three unspeakably eldritch ones surfacing Grin

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

If you trust this site, then 2017 should have been viewed as the best in a long time, with 3 five-star games, and 10 four-point-five star games!! Which is way more than any other year even going back to the 90s

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

i just tried to use it to examine releases so far in this year.. and im getting struck by how not good it is for viewing recent releases. For 2017 it includes “a new beginning”. It includes “death gate” in 2018 (presumably because its available digital for the first time).. then goetia and burly men at sea in 2018… it goes on and and on and on making it pretty useless for getting an overview of what games actually released for the first time in that year.. because it seems to include anything resembling the game getting posted in a new store.
Oh geez.. and it not only lumps dagger of amon ra into 2017 on the search filter… the game page for amon ra says released in 2017.. bleh. (ah because windows). Iv used this site before for looking at older games with no issue.. but its looking awfully cluttered for looking at newer stuff.

Total Posts: 683

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

zane - 15 June 2018 08:36 AM

i just tried to use it to examine releases so far in this year.. and im getting struck by how not good it is for viewing recent releases. For 2017 it includes “a new beginning”. It includes “death gate” in 2018 (presumably because its available digital for the first time).. then goetia and burly men at sea in 2018… it goes on and and on and on making it pretty useless for getting an overview of what games actually released for the first time in that year.. because it seems to include anything resembling the game getting posted in a new store.
Oh geez.. and it not only lumps dagger of amon ra into 2017 on the search filter… the game page for amon ra says released in 2017.. bleh. (ah because windows). Iv used this site before for looking at older games with no issue.. but its looking awfully cluttered for looking at newer stuff.

Yeah they do lump in all releases for the year. But it isn’t really a problem for me, it’s pretty easy to overlook games that I know came out long ago.

Anyway they do a good job of defining genres. You don’t get Tomb Raider mixed in with Monkey Island.

I Am the Knight of the Order of the Sun!

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

walas74 - 13 June 2018 07:00 PM

I suggested in Patreon a filter by year in top reviewed games, but still not implemented.

It’s certainly on my list of things to do, it’s part of a _much_ bigger overhaul of the database and the sub-part top reviewed games. It will get done, sadly this isn’t my fulltime job and as such I can only put in time on occassions. Recently I did a lot of work on updating mobile and other components (as I put in the Patreon update) and yesterday I made significant efforts in improving the ‘search’ functionality on AG.

Top Reviewed games by year is coming, soon (tm)!

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The Pagoda database is alive and kicking, as is the author, known online as Kickaha.  I suspect that work and family life just get in the way of updates.
http://www.pagodagamedatabase.com/index.php
As CaliMonk says, it would be easier if website maintenance could be a full-time (and well-paying) job. Smile

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Lady Kestrel - 15 June 2018 02:23 PM

The Pagoda database is alive and kicking, as is the author, known online as Kickaha.  I suspect that work and family life just get in the way of updates.
http://www.pagodagamedatabase.com/index.php
As CaliMonk says, it would be easier if website maintenance could be a full-time (and well-paying) job. Smile

i told the almost exact post, LadyK,  with a bit of some different choices of words and phrases Smile, but yet there is no explanation for the site’s year 2018, lack of content.

you mentioned the author ‘Kickaha’, you say, if you are in any contact with ‘er or ‘em let us know why there haven’t been any updates (content added) so far for the current year, as know they don’t upload or maintain their database in bulks, so, however, there seems to be sumthing odd at PAGODA, at least a back-log havent been covered yet.. its half-way thru the year with only one title* that has been covered ? ain’t strange, Lady Kestrel?

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2018-06-16

PM

I ‘run’ the Pagoda game database website, prompted by Lady Kestrel I’ve popped in here to say hello. I would have registered as “Kickaha” which is the forum name I usually use but that was already taken.

The problem I have at the moment with maintaining Pagoda is the shortage of time and how much else I have on. I keep hoping my American employers will make me redundant with a reasonable payoff so I can get more interesting stuff done. Knowing people out there make use of the website is an encouragement, directly you get little feedback to my website like mine. I’ll try to maintain it better.

I am open to providing the data behind Pagoda so other people can do similar websites, I haven’t the bandwidth to make big changes to the website myself, it is as it is.

Regards, Peter.

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Ilmarwolkin - 16 June 2018 10:00 AM

I ‘run’ the Pagoda game database website, prompted by Lady Kestrel I’ve popped in here to say hello. I would have registered as “Kickaha” which is the forum name I usually use but that was already taken.

I think you own this account, as it’s an emailaddress from your site. I’ll PM you how to recover it

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

CaliMonk - 16 June 2018 11:26 AM

I think you own this account, as it’s an emailaddress from your site. I’ll PM you how to recover it

Voila! :-)

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Kickaha - 16 June 2018 10:00 AM

The problem I have at the moment with maintaining Pagoda is the shortage of time and how much else I have on. I keep hoping my American employers will make me redundant with a reasonable payoff so I can get more interesting stuff done. Knowing people out there make use of the website is an encouragement, directly you get little feedback to my website like mine. I’ll try to maintain it better.

I am open to providing the data behind Pagoda so other people can do similar websites, I haven’t the bandwidth to make big changes to the website myself, it is as it is.

Regards, Peter.

I use Pagoda a lot and I appreciate all the hard work and time you have put into it. I don’t know how to create a similar website but if it would help you to update the database more often I could provide the info for new games and links to reviews, walkthroughs, etc. You would still have to enter the info of course, so I’m not sure how useful I could be. Please let me know.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top