• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

New game set in the Life is Strange Universe announced.

Free at the end of June.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 417

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

Kid looks like young macaulay culkin. I wonder if that’s intentional.

Wasn’t expecting another game from DontNod, let alone one that isn’t LiS2. You dont see many games written from the perspective of a young boy like this so hopefully it’s good.

Looks like we’ll all know soon enough since it’s only a few weeks away.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit Gameplay Demo - IGN Live E3 2018

11 minutes of gameplay. Probably the best demo to come out of E3 for this game.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Game comes out tomorrow. Pre-load available.

Life is strange 2 first episode is out in September

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Game is out now on Steam, PSN and XBOX One for free.

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2018-06-26

PM

Finished it yesterday, it was amazing two hours, liked the approach of promoting the future game in a way of releasing the free prequel.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Dontnod is the same company which made the LIS prequel, right?

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Oscar - 27 June 2018 11:11 AM

Dontnod is the same company which made the LIS prequel, right?

No, they did the original LiS and are working on LiS2.
Deck Nine did the prequel

Played the first hour, actually finding it boring…

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Ending was intriguing, nice way to promote a game even if I didn’t find all that interesting.

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

I liked it well enough. It gives me a good impression for the quality of LiS 2. Improved visuals & lip sync was appreciated. The real-time conversation mechanic should make dialogue even better. I think it’s only used once in Captain Spirit, though.

I think this would be better as a means of attracting new fans rather than impressing existing ones. A lot of what Captain Spirit offers has been done before to greater effect in LiS 1. Even down to certain elements of the back-story and puzzling. Still there’s a few neat new ideas here & there.

Mostly what makes me feel confident about LiS2 from playing Captain Spirit is that they’ve nailed the transition from a late teen perspective to a childhood perspective. Chris is believably young and naive but not stupid.

That gives me confidence that they can be relied on to take the writing in new directions and still pull it off to satisfaction. Also it looks like they’ve chilled out on the cringey slang and dated meme references. Which is a nice bonus too.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

wilco - 27 June 2018 12:02 PM

Played the first hour, actually finding it boring…

Boring is right. Not sure I’ll bother with LiS2 if it’s just another weird kid with supernatural powers.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I really enjoyed this little teaser. It felt though more like an introduction, so hopefully LIS 2 will be more exciting. If the ending is anything to go buy, it seems that it will be. I also like all the little subtle references to Life of Strange in this game.

The phone unlock puzzle was ridiculous and I had to revert to a walk through for it but at least it was optional.

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

SoccerDude - 29 June 2018 01:20 AM

I really enjoyed this little teaser. It felt though more like an introduction, so hopefully LIS 2 will be more exciting. If the ending is anything to go buy, it seems that it will be. I also like all the little subtle references to Life of Strange in this game.

The phone unlock puzzle was ridiculous and I had to revert to a walk through for it but at least it was optional.

Yeah, that’s the one puzzle I couldn’t solve. I think they intended for it to be something the LiS community collaborates to suss out.

I just hit up google and there were already several articles dedicated to that puzzle specifically.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Just finished it. It is definitely low key, but seems to do a nice job of setting up an interesting game (how much we’ll see of this character im not even sure). There was a lot of nice little things to do and explore around. Considering this was basically a free demo intro to an episodic series, it was a nice size. As a pretty devout bat for lashes fan i was not expecting to hear one of her songs. That was a nice surprise.

Total Posts: 487

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

Played it for an hour yesterday. I didn’t solve many puzzles but saw the ending scene (or one end? Are there several ones?).

Quick review:
If you look for a deep story I don’t think it’s a game for you, it’s often slow and focuses on daily life things (family issues, housework) ... but it’s touching, and there are so many positive points in this game that I really recommend trying it. I like that kind of descriptive story. Graphics are very well done, gameplay is good, there are quite a lot of things to do for a free game, and the main character is nice to follow with his passion for super heros. Must try!

Note:
Be careful however that you need quite a good computer. I had a warning at launching the game about the necessity to have 2GB of VRAM, so I thought it would result in graphic bugs. It worked like a charm however (I actually have 2GB on my gtx 660, but I believe it was the very minimum to play)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top