• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

rtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Black Screen on Starting Evidence: The Last Ritual

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2012-11-09

PM

I am terribly sorry if I’m posting in the wrong place, or if there’s another topic to this effect that I’ve been unable to find with searching!

Anyway, I run Windows 7 and DirectX 11.  My video card is a Radeon HD 3800 with 2 gigs of VRAM, and I’ve 4 gigs of system RAM.  I *think* that’s everything I the “Read This!” post mentioned that I needed to give!  Sorry if it isn’t. 

I have Evidence installed just fine, and I’m able to get through the in-game ‘registration’ with no problems and have received an email with my password for the game.  However, when I attempt to log in, it appears to process my username and password and then goes to a black screen.  I’ve let it sit this way for five minutes straight to no effect.  One suggestion I’d seen given for a similar problem with this game on the old Adventure Gamers forum said that updating to the latest version of Quicktime would fix this issue, but when I tried that, I got a popup on attempting to launch the game telling me to please install Quicktime 6 from the root directory of the installation CD.  I’ve tried running the game in 98/Me compatibility mode, which has had no effect on the issue.  I always run older games as administrator as well.

Any suggestions, or am I out of luck?  Thank you in advance for your time!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top