• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Beckychrissiewalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

2018 Spring into Summer Tourney Guidelines, Info & Chat

Total Posts: 5592

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The cumulative scores have been posted on page 1.  Ninth has nestled into first place, and Eddyc and DarkEye are tied for second.  However, since DarkEye is away on vacation this coming week, there’s a chance for Chrissie to push ahead into third.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Final Cumulative Scores:
Ninth - 710
Eddyc - 660
DarkEye - 635
Chrissie - 565
Phlebas - 430
Sir Beardalot - 265
Becky - 200
Dumbeur - 145
Karlok - 90
RTRooney - 30
Advie - 20

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Congratulations to our winners Ninth, Eddyc, and DarkEye, and also to Dumbeur who won the consolation prize drawing! 

Thank you so much to everyone for playing.  I realize it wasn’t the best time of year to have a tourney, but I hope those that participated had some fun with it.

Prizes:
All the winners may choose a downloadable game from either GOG or Steam.  Also, CaliMonk has offered an Adventure Gamers t-shirt to two of our winners in lieu of a game.  Our winners will choose, in the order they placed in the tourney, whether they prefer a game or a t-shirt.

Ninth, let me know your choice via PM as soon as you can.

Total Posts: 221

Joined 2003-11-10

PM

Thanks for doing this tournament, Lady Kestrel !

Feels great to actually win something ! Smile
That was hard work, but also a very interesting way to revisit the history of AGs, and a humbling experience as I previously though myself quite knowledgeable in this particular fied. Turn out I’m not, although in this case hours of screenshots browsing made up for it Grin

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Ninth prefers a game as his prize, so you may choose now, Eddyc.

Total Posts: 136

Joined 2015-10-03

PM

congratulations to Ninth with winning this year’s tournament and to Lady Kestrel for putting it all together.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Eddyc has also chosen to receive a game.  Let me know what you want, DarkEye and Dumbeur.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Congrats to Ninth, Eddyc and DarkEye! And thanks, Lady K, for a very amusing challenge!

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Ninth has chosen Unforseen Incidents as his prize, Eddyc wants Sandra & Woo in the Cursed Adventure, and DarkEye will be getting an AG t-shirt.  I haven’t heard from Dumbeur yet.

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Congratulations to Ninth, Eddyc & DarkEye!  Thumbs Up

I hope you enjoyed your vacation DarkEye & I’m relieved that you managed to get enough of a score to rightfully get a place in the top 3.
I was already 75 points behind at the end of weeks 3 & 4 with no chance of catching up so I really wasn’t comfortable with the possibility of getting the 3rd place by default because you were away.

Thank you Lady Kestrel for another very enjoyable Tourney - I’m missing my next week’s screenshot fix today!  Laughing

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I laughed when I got a bunch of answers from DarkEye and all sent from his iPhone while vacationing.  That’s dedication! Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Congrats to the winners! Thanks Lady K for another great tourney, I really enjoyed it Smile Very, very challenging! I’m happy with my score though considering I’m normally not very good at these Wink

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I think scattered categories like this one tend to be harder than puzzles with a theme i.e. all botanicals, humans, etc., but I thought I’d try it for a change.  Next time I’ll probably go back to individual themed puzzles.

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Thank you very much for putting together the quiz and also for my prize! Smile

I chose Unforeseen Incidents too which I’m going to go play right now.

Total Posts: 1666

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Congrats Ninth for convincing Tournament win! Where were you hiding for so long? Well done also eddyc & chrissie and thanks for great company!

Lady Kestrel, this was an excellent and very interesting Tournament, thank you so much for putting it together for us.

Lady Kestrel - 08 July 2018 11:47 PM

I think scattered categories like this one tend to be harder than puzzles with a theme i.e. all botanicals, humans, etc., but I thought I’d try it for a change.  Next time I’ll probably go back to individual themed puzzles.

I must agree that different image categories made this quiz much more challenging (at least for me) I had a hard time to remember those screenshots since they were so different. I was surprised by a number of new games and/or those released in last few years. Those were the hardest for me to guess.

Lady Kestrel - 08 July 2018 05:17 PM

I laughed when I got a bunch of answers from DarkEye and all sent from his iPhone while vacationing.  That’s dedication! Thumbs Up

Ha Ha…long story short: I was sitting on the porch with a beer in my hand… Then I started thinking about this Tournament and decided I’m not going to throw that 3rd place away just like that. Anyway, mobile phone with limited internet connection was not the best option but since it was the only one… Smile

chrissie - 08 July 2018 02:49 PM

I hope you enjoyed your vacation DarkEye & I’m relieved that you managed to get enough of a score to rightfully get a place in the top 3.
I was already 75 points behind at the end of weeks 3 & 4 with no chance of catching up so I really wasn’t comfortable with the possibility of getting the 3rd place by default because you were away.

Thank you chrissie! we had a wonderful time despite sea temperature which was extremely low for that time of the year. But since kids are very brave, nothing could spoil their fun. Laughing

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top