• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieJdawg445nouramrfouad94

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Delaware St. John Asylum of The Lost Kickstarter has begun!

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2005-06-30

PM

Hello!

I wanted to let everyone know we’ve begun the campaign to raise the development money for the fourth Delaware St. John game!

We took all feedback from the first attempt to heart and restructured the goals accordingly. If you can afford it, please contribute as our chances of becoming a “Staff Pick” on Kickstarter are increased, which helps with spreading the word!

If you cannot afford to contribute, you can show support by sharing our page with people you know who love story-driven games best played with the lights off Smile

You can find us here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1065983707/delaware-st-john-asylum-of-the-lost-adventure-game

We have big plans for this game but it won’t happen without your help! Thank you for your support!

-Bryan

Total Posts: 31

Joined 2012-10-16

PM

Yo Brian!  Whassup?!  Grin

Good to see you here!  Smile

Shadowgate KickStarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/zojoi/shadowgate
Shadowgate GOG.com Community Wishlist Entry - http://www.gog.com/en/wishlist/games/shadowgate
Zojoi Website: http://www.zojoi.com
Zojoi Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zojoigame
Zojoi Twitter: http://twitter.com/zojoi

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

I see the amount you’re trying to raise is much more reasonable this time.
Intead of the $280,200 goal you tried to raise last time (link to March 30 - May 14 Kickstarter) you’re going for $45,000.
I hope you make it this time.

I wonder how many Adventuregamers members would rather have seen an Inherent Evil 2.
Preferences might be different in different game forums.

Total Posts: 405

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

I’ve pledged… hope it succeeds!

The real problem with reality is the lack of background music.

Knightette of the Order of the Caption

Music is what feelings sound like…

Total Posts: 164

Joined 2007-11-25

PM

Good Luck. Your KS page seems a little sparse, though, not having a section that describes why you use KS/how you’ll use the money, who you are as developers, and perhaps a bit about the rewards.

I haven’t watched the video, so perhaps the info is there, but I think the video and KS page should both share the most essential info. There’s three reasons for that. 1) To catch people that only either watch the video or read the KS page. 2) As a future reference - it’s faster to just skim the page to find some info again, than having to rewatch/search the video. 3) It makes it easier for game journalists to use info from your page by copy and pasting some of the text, rather than having to retell video. Besides, game journalists like quotes! Smile

Joined 2005-06-30

PM

@Cymbaline, Hi Smile

@Crabapple, Yes, we tried to advance the series and broaden the audience beyond PC with the previous campaign. But we listened to feedback and have run a new one staying on the same tracks. From current count though, those people who said the reason they didn’t pledge before was due to our “unrealistic” budget, I’m not sure I’m buying that now Wink It’s a shame though, while $300K is a lot of money, the quality, length and variety a tech improvement boasts would have been amazing. One day!

@Jannik, Thanks for pointing that out. I’ll see what I can do. Though I must say, I find it amusing people want to know “what the money will be spent on” as if they’re producers approving a budget instead of fans simply wanting a great game. Maybe someone out there can make a full game and line their pockets with $45K but I’ve yet to meet them Wink

@Skeeter, Thank you very much!

-Bryan

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2004-02-18

PM

BWiegele - 10 November 2012 08:14 PM

@Jannik, Thanks for pointing that out. I’ll see what I can do. Though I must say, I find it amusing people want to know “what the money will be spent on” as if they’re producers approving a budget instead of fans simply wanting a great game. Maybe someone out there can make a full game and line their pockets with $45K but I’ve yet to meet them Wink

I don’t think people are worried that you’ll run off with their money, but remember that Kickstarter is a risky concept. There are very few guarantees for backers, and most people do want to be as sure as possible that the end result will be good and something that they’ll like. Backing a Kickstarter project is a lot more risky than buying or even pre-ordering a game, so the more info you can provide, the better.

Total Posts: 164

Joined 2007-11-25

PM

BWiegele - 10 November 2012 08:14 PM

I wasn’t thinking of the risk aspect of KS or that you should share every detail. So the “why you use KS/how you’ll use the money” part of my comment is not about dollars, risks or small details, but about showing where in the production cycle you are, etc Smile

You talk about fans, but probably very few KS projects would succeed without attracting new people. I think a good KS pitch/page is, among other things, about sowing the seeds to grow the community. One aspect of that is to give potential backers as many reasons as possible to support a project and company they’re not familiar with.

I can see, you’ve updated the page, and I like the changes Smile

Joined 2005-06-30

PM

Thanks, Jannik, I’m sure trying!

I agree fully with what you’re saying. I do welcome feedback and try to adjust accordingly.  It was proven the first time that “only fans” are not going to make this project happen and this time seems to be no different. I’m doing my best to try and make it appealing to outsiders, that’s why giving away all three original games is such a low tier reward.

My comment about people wondering where the money was going was partially a joke since I’ve seen so many campaigns actually breaking down where each dollar goes… as if people don’t have an understanding that pulling off projects like these are rediculously expensive and the amount of money trying to be raised is a fraction of what “normal” games cost.

Thanks again for your feedback.

-Bryan

Joined 2005-06-30

PM

Thank you to everyone who’s shown Asylum of The Lost support.

However, we’ve made the tough decision to cancel the campaign. We’ve tried to reach our target audience but it’s clear we either lack the ability to do so or our target audience just doesn’t want this project.

Rather than drag it out for the next 6 weeks, we think it’s best to just terminate it. We will not run the campaign again.

We are dedicated developers who want to make games people love, not force on them.

Again, thank you to everyone who showed us support, it really is appreciated.

-Bryan

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top