• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Upcoming adventure games in May

Total Posts: 36

Joined 2018-02-06

PM

Hi guys!

I selected 6 adventure games that potentially could flourish in May. Let me know what you like and certainly let us know which promising adventure games I missed.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Stay is something, looks like it, i played Desirie, nice game. unforeseen incident is what i am really looking for really

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i cant believe that members who were lurkers one day (such as me) determined to stay lurkers.

nuthing here worth commenting about. the guys who made the video and collected the upcoming releases in it, does not deserve an interaction (the video) or recognition. .. you quit playing adventure games so all those upcoming releases this month don’t matter…

well, as much as never liked kuru seriousness. but i will quote him “Is it already time for this thread to go back into year-long hibernation.”, Kurufinwe. but i removed the question mark, bc it as rather a statement than an inquiry.

PAH!

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

I love the production values of Gamewalker’s videos but in general, the selections don’t interest me much.  On top of which, I just finished Syberia, which will give you some idea of how big my backlog is, and my opinions aren’t very interesting anyway. Tongue

FWIW Unforseen Incidents is also the one that interests me most, even if the graphics don’t quite grab me.  I didn’t watch most of that trailer as I prefer to know as little as possible about the ones I actually want to play.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

dumbeur - 25 April 2018 11:17 AM

FWIW Unforseen Incidents is also the one that interests me most, even if the graphics don’t quite grab me.  I didn’t watch most of that trailer as I prefer to know as little as possible about the ones I actually want to play.

you have to play EARTHWORMS to know that the quality of graphics at Adventures was/is a trick which we are all had fallen to, in other way graphics doesn’t matter, we play text-parser games ‘adventures’ for god sake, aren’t we?

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

It’s not the graphical quality (I love AGS games and text-parsers), it’s just the style, and there’s certainly enough going on in that game to make me want to play it.

I have very fond memories of LOTR and Quest for the Golden Eggcup text adventures back on the C64, though I admit even though Thaumistry and Open Sorcery are both in my library, I’ve barely touched them.  I’m sure there are others in there too.

One thing I do find difficult is a lack of voice acting, but even then The Last Door is one of my favourite adventures of recent times.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

dumbeur - 25 April 2018 12:30 PM

It’s not the graphical quality (I love AGS games and text-parsers), it’s just the style, and there’s certainly enough going on in that game to make me want to play it.

I have very fond memories of LOTR and Quest for the Golden Eggcup text adventures back on the C64, though I admit even though Thaumistry and Open Sorcery are both in my library, I’ve barely touched them.  I’m sure there are others in there too.

One thing I do find difficult is a lack of voice acting, but even then The Last Door is one of my favourite adventures of recent times.

haa, You are old timer Dumbeur, like me but i never knew adventure from/thru C64, tho i have had one i only liked the football’ Grin.  it was 2-3 years later i knew adventure.. if i mayhap guess your age, you are 43? right?

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Just 40 for now, but no doubt I’ll be 43 quicker than I can say ‘pensioner’.  It was actually my friends who had the C64s.  I had the Spectrum 128k (+3!) Cool  I don’t remember if I played any adventure games on that.

Of course, then we all went over to Nintendo and the like and adventure games disappeared from my life until I was maybe 15 (what would we have been playing in 1993?).

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

dumbeur - 25 April 2018 02:17 PM

(what would we have been playing in 1993?).

you are kidding?! ‘93 is my best year in adventure gaming (for me) there were Myst, QfG IV, Day of the Tentacle, LSL6, ,Space QuestV, Gobliins3, Simon the Sorcerer and Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers and many other great titles! Cool

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Great year to begin my graphic adventure journey. Grin But now you have reminded me that LSL1 was actually my first graphic adventure; quite the experience for a young teenager.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

dumbeur - 25 April 2018 04:46 PM

But now you have reminded me that LSL1 was actually my first graphic adventure.

Me too Wink

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top