• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Dark Inside Me

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

anyone saw the trailer??

it looks like an AAA adventure with a very dark theme, something i have been wishing for maybe since Phantasmagoria, even this story wise looks darker.

here is a part been exposed of itsGameplay

and the trailer on steam must watch; http://store.steampowered.com/app/345230/The_Dark_Insit is_Me/

its coming the 6th of june, first episode, with 3 more planned.

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Advie are you sure what 3A means,it’s looks like b movie rip off to me.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Did you miss the Kickstarter? The demo had awkward controls and the pixel hunting was insane. Those things are supposed to be fixed now though so I’m looking forward to this as well.

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Gabe - 21 April 2018 04:18 AM

Advie are you sure what 3A means,it’s looks like b movie rip off to me.

I lie if said I really do, but trailer looks like its a good game production.

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2003-10-25

PM

This game just came out and it looks…weird to say the least lol
Anyone over here has already played it? In case of a yes, is it any good?

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I am downloading it right now, also watched a bit of its gameplay, too much sanitarium i see, i only hope its half as good as Sanitarium.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

played half an hour, the first impression that the dev is making another Sanitarium and is not denying or trying to hide it, on the contrary, it seems he is proud of it; the game menu (Save, load, credits and quit) are spoken out with the same creepy voice as you move the cursor over them, just like Sanitarium. maybe exactly?, i can’t remember how much it resembles Sanitarium’s creepy in-game menu voice.

There is no option at the menu, means, you cant control the volume(s) or anything!. you just gotta accept or trust the dev settings ?

Cutscene/intro is amazing top notch*, really! but you get into the game(play) and you find yourself looking at a low budget game with rough graphics and artwork, kinda like the 2008, Diamonds in the Rough, if any remembers it.

Why spending too much money and work over the intro to transfer me to an unacceptable much far outlook from it, that does not have any resemblance to what i have just witnessed.

-Music…hmm, fuu! i cant describe how bad it is.

-The character face is all wrapped up with bandages, so the voice acting represent a muffled voice coming outta it, and it is far from clear, plus the subtitles are too Tiny*.

-Puzzles so far are replicas of the classic AG’s that had been done, recycled again and again, like The Key+Pencil+Newpaper kinda puzzles, haven’t encountered anything intelligent or new yet.

YET, i cant say the game is bad, or (for the record) did i say that i am just describing what I’ve seen (my first look) objectively as much as i could. 

All those things/issues can be accepted when you are thinking of One-Man-Game. and maybe the game is the kind of adventures that build up as it moves forward, plus i am sure there will be patches to fix some of the issues i have mentioned above… so i need to wait, and see it thru to the end.

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Advie - 07 June 2018 11:54 PM

Why spending too much money and work over the intro to transfer me to an unacceptable much far outlook from it, that does not have any resemblance to what i have just witnessed.

That’s a shame - I can imagine how it might happen though.

Firstly it’s quite likely the intro movie wasn’t made by the same people as the game graphics - it’s a different skillset and one of the easier aspects to hand off to someone not necessarily involved with the rest of the development.

Secondly it could well come down to budget - if you’ve spent a lot on top-quality animated movies, that leaves you less to spend on the assets for the actual game.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top