• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Apocalipsis: Harry at the End of the World Playthrough

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Thanks for leading the walkthrough, Tim.  It was very enjoyable (bar the water scene which Sabacc kindly saved me from)!

chrissie - 21 April 2018 04:05 PM

My thought remains with the helpful lady that aided the protagonist but you don’t get to see her fate.

Did she sacrifice herself to get across or did she “do a Juliet” to fool the gatekeeper?  The former seems incredibly dark but then again, the game is that dark and if it’s the latter it’s odd that she simply drops out of the story (or was there something in the animation).

Definitely a game I want to replay soon just to really enjoy the whole story and for issues like this.

Total Posts: 51

Joined 2012-12-29

PM

Yes, thanks for getting this started, Tim.  It was fun!

Henke, for the puzzle you were wondering about when you view the closeup of the spiral there are five different symbols.  For each group of 5 circles on the spiral, starting at either end, each of the symbols occurs once, although in a random order.  So where the two holes are you have to figure out which symbol is missing from the group of five that contains those holes.

Check out my adventure game series Sleuthhounds!

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’ve heard of the term “Flash Playthrough” before. Someone decides a game is worth a playthrough, but doesn’t want to wait for an official playthrough vote to start, or doesn’t think the game will garner enough votes to win.

I never liked that concept. But I was wrong. I think what chrissie, dumbeur, sabacc, furgotten and myself have done qualifies as a Flash Playthrough.

This probably has nothing to do with anything other than to say if anyone of you comes up with a great game that fits the Flash Playthrough mold I hope you will suggest it. I’ve enjoyed this so much that I can almost guarantee you will have my participation.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

And welcome to Henke, who was apparently playing the game with us in parallel.

I think I said something about there being a lot more views than posts. Which indicated there might be more players than people playing the game with us.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Sabacc
There wasn’t more than that? I was thinking “wow, this is some intricate stuff, on level with the beale ciphers.” Grin

rtrooney - 21 April 2018 09:32 PM

And welcome to Henke, who was apparently playing the game with us in parallel.

I think I said something about there being a lot more views than posts. Which indicated there might be more players than people playing the game with us.

I had already played it.

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

chrissie - 21 April 2018 04:50 PM
rtrooney - 21 April 2018 04:32 PM

Re: the flowers, the same thing happened to me. Here’s what I was able to figure out on my second pass. You go into that alcove on the left side behind the altar and grab some flora. Not all of it will be used even though it is inventory. When you add the flora to the pile on the altar, you will get a very brief glimpse of the flower, and it will be added to your inventory. It happens so fast that you may not have noticed it. I didn’t. At this point you may need to scroll through the inventory to find the flower as it might be hidden on the right hand side. Then you can add it to the pile and you get the good ending.

Thanks Tim, I will get around to having another go!

Well, after numerous attempts I came to the conclusion that either Steam didn’t acknowledge that I’d picked up all of the flowers or more likely I had missed one!

Yes! I failed to pick up the flower by the fish although I clearly remember seeing it 1st time around & once I picked it I got the achievement.

I very much enjoyed this game despite the action sequences, loved the artwork along with the wonderful voicing (of the narrator) & the very atmospheric music.

My thoughts on the ending were that in the bad one, as the mirror shattered the portal back to the real world was closed & so Harry died in the real world. In the good ending the flowers act as some kind of ‘antidote’ (or maybe the insect was a bee?) & so Harry is able to open the portal back to the real world.
Whatever ending you get though it seems that the pentagram room was very overgrown.

Thanks Tim for suggesting this playthrough & also Sabacc for the helpful tips. Smile   

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Sabacc - 21 April 2018 07:54 PM

Yes, thanks for getting this started, Tim.  It was fun!

Henke, for the puzzle you were wondering about when you view the closeup of the spiral there are five different symbols.  For each group of 5 circles on the spiral, starting at either end, each of the symbols occurs once, although in a random order.  So where the two holes are you have to figure out which symbol is missing from the group of five that contains those holes.

Ah, so easy when it’s explained.  I even went so far as to convert them to numbers and still couldn’t see the pattern. Knew I was overcomplicating it! Pan

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

Thank you Tim and Sabacc for a great playthrough. This was particularly nice because I probably would never have played the game if not for the playthrough and I really enjoyed it.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I likely would have not played the game by myself either. Only worked for me if I could get some other people to join. And, I lucked out because you and others decided to participate.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top