• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Apocalipsis: Harry at the End of the World Playthrough

Total Posts: 5050

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I got to this point, which I think is just past where we were supposed to stop.

A very interesting episode. For the first time we saw some serious bits of color, e.g. blue water, red flames. Also for the first time an item that should have been re-used, the steel and flint, wasn’t. You had to find a second set.

I didn’t think the puzzles were as well constructed in this episode. While they were relatively easy to solve, most of them were solve in a hit-or-miss fashion.

Minor quibble: In a casual game, as well as in most “real” adventures, there is usually some sort of description next to an inventory item. Here, nothing. And even on a 28” screen the items are still too small to accurately identify them. Again, it’s a very minor quibble.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

I pretty much feel the same as Tim. I liked this section for the wild creativity of the world and the art. The puzzles were too easy; I “solved” two of them by accident just moving around.

The lack of clarity on the inventory items is why I confused the top of a bottle with a duck head in the last section and came up with a tarred and feathered cannonball.

I am really enjoying myself with this game though.

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Can I get the save game for after the water action scene, please?  Very frustrating.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I will let Sabacc handle this. The saved game, that is.

Since Furgotten and I are the only ones who have posted that we finished Episode 3, and Mr. D still needs to complete Episode 2, I’m going to suggest that we don’t start the playthrough of Episode 4 until Wednesday, 17 April. That should allow everyone the time to catch up.

Also to Sabacc: There is obviously no need to post a screenshot for the next stopping point. The stopping point is when you’ve finished the game, which should be self evident.

I’ve seen some screenshots of Episode 4, and it appears that it will be the most difficult, as well as the longest of the four episodes. At least it appears to have more locations than any of the other episodes. If that turns out to be the case, perhaps we will need to make Episode 4 a four-day play. We’ll see how that goes when we get there.

Furgotten: If you want to do some exploring, feel free. And take some screenshots while you’re at it. I may do the same.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 51

Joined 2012-12-29

PM

I enjoyed episode 3 because of the peasant woman that accompanies you.  It helps give this section of the game a bit of a different feel as you have to clear obstacles for her to move along and be able to help you.  I do agree that the puzzles are easier than previously in the game.

dumbeur, you can download the save file off my website here: www.sealeftstudios.com/blog/downloads/apocalipsis.zip.  You’ll need to unzip it and copy the file called “save” to “C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Apocalipsis” where “<user name>” is the name of your Windows user account.

In the Apocalipsis folder there should already be a file called “save”.  I’d suggest making a backup copy of it before saving my file into that folder just to be safe.

Note that the AppData folder is normally hidden on Windows but you should still be able to type it into Windows Explorer to access it.

Let me know if you have any difficulties.

And for those on flower watch, flowers can be found in the following places in episode 3:
The village where you meet the peasant woman.
The scene with the mosquitoes.

Check out my adventure game series Sleuthhounds!

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Thanks, Sabacc!  I’ll get onto that this evening.

And cheers for the extension, Tim, it’s much appreciated.

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I finished episode 3! This game just continues to get more delightful as it goes along! I loved this section where you had to help out the hungry lady (I wasn’t sure to start with whether she was pregnant as well!) - no, you can’t always see what the inventory items are but because there’s never more than 2 or 3 at the most (so far) to be used in the immediate scenes it doesn’t seem to matter as it’s fun to find out soon enough!  Smile 

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Finished Episode 3.  Still loving the ambience but that second action sequence soured things a little for me.  Thanks to Sabacc I got to continue because if left to my own devices I may just have given up.  I certainly don’t regret playing this casual game though and am enjoying all the other sections.

Episode 3 was very quick and easy.  Some of the puzzles have been a little illogical (why on Earth did I smear oil on the bull? Tongue) but there have also been some really excellent ones.  I often started with no clue what I was supposed to do but then gradually understood what the puzzle was. 

Hopefully, Episode 4 will be more challenging.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Just my guess, but you used the same plant you used to move the bull forward that you put in the pot. That goo became your “brand.” so the monster left it alone and allowed you to capture it in the cage and move on to save the girl.

So, I guess we’re ready to start episode 4. Which we can do tomorrow if there aren’t any lurkers that require some more catch-up time. (If you’re out there, you need to let us know.)

I did wander ahead a bit, and I believe my thoughts that this might take a bit more time are accurate. So, we start episode 4 tomorrow, and we have four days to finish the game. (21 April) Report in when you’re done.

Most of the puzzles I ran across, (I stopped when I transported the girl across the “River Styx.) seemed to be solved by trial and error. There was only one puzzle that had visual clue that, to me, had a logical solution.

Have at it.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

This is just a side thought. Even though we’re just five or six players, and have less than 50 pieces of correspondence. we have almost 4000 views. Only assumption I can make is that there are a lot of people interested in this game that aren’t playing it with us.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

rtrooney - 17 April 2018 08:51 PM

Just my guess, but you used the same plant you used to move the bull forward that you put in the pot. That goo became your “brand.” so the monster left it alone and allowed you to capture it in the cage and move on to save the girl.

That certainly makes more sense than anything I could come up with!

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’ve reached the place where Zuma is.

Some of the puzzles are what they are, e.g. a slider puzzle. Some of the puzzles are intuitive e.g., a “simon says” type puzzle using a pipe organ, but with a twist. And there are puzzles that are brute force e.g. you have to select certain items in the correct order. There are twelve items, and I assume the clock hanging above the puzzle is some sort of clue, but, for the life of me I couldn’t see the connection.

I decided to take a break. I think it is possible to do this episode in 30 minutes. But if you run into problems with any of the puzzles, it will smash that schedule. I think I’m about 1:30 into this episode, and haven’t finished.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 51

Joined 2012-12-29

PM

The final leg/chapter/episode!

As someone without a musical bone in his body, I appreciated how the pipe organ puzzle was set up.  That’s probably the most memorable scene for me in this section.

I like both endings that the game offers, although given the bleakness of the rest of the game I’m still not sure which ending is more appropriate over all.  I know the quest’s about Harry being reunited with Zula but at the same time there’s a tragic feeling to this tale that makes the death of Harry seem to fit just a little bit better.

It hadn’t occurred to me the last time I played the game, but whatever happens to the peasant woman?  Does she just let us poison her and haul her off to the land of the dead?  Grim.

For those on flower watch there are two flowers in this section of the game.  They can be found in the following places:
The scene with the four legged spider creature.
The pipe organ.

I had a lot of fun replaying the game!

Check out my adventure game series Sleuthhounds!

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I assumed that crossing the the river required a body, and she volunteered. Although that presents a moral conundrum. Did Harry want to find Zuma so badly that he allowed another person to sacrifice her life so that he could achieve his goal? If so, he is hardly the heroic person we have though him to be up to this point.

Or, did the peasant girl simply take a strong sleeping potion in order to feign death? Which would allow Harry to continue his quest. Then, once across the river, they went their separate ways.

Edit: I tend to think it’s the latter of the two hypotheses. My reasoning is that we actually saw a bottle of poison, complete with skull and crossbones on the label, back in the dungeon. The bottle that Harry gave had blue liquid in it with no label.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Finished! I think I got the bad ending even though I believe I found all the flowers.

The bad ending is described as Harry drinking the potion at the alter and the shown as dead in the middle of the pentagram we saw at the beginning of the game.

I would like to try the good ending, but I’m not sure of the mechanics on how to do it.

Still, if Harry did poison the peasant girl, this is a fitting ending.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top