• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabrielwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Games like the Hector: Badge of Carnage Trilogy?

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2018-03-16

PM

Just finished and really enjoyed it. I had never played a point and click that had such a filthy sense of humour yet managed to be stylish at the same time. Unfortunately the dev never made more games. 

Can anyone recommend games in the same vein? 

Thank you very much.

Total Posts: 417

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

I don’t really have a recommendation but I just played through the game too and It’s really good.

Good AG for newcomers to the genre as well because it’s not too difficult. I really wish they had made more games. The game sold pretty well too (perhaps overtime with sales & bundles idk for sure).

I’m trying to think of other good games in a similar vein. Paradigm is really funny and has some dirty jokes but it’s more off-kilter than “filthy.” I love that game, though, so it’s just worth playing in general.

I’ve got huge gaps in my familiarity with Sierra games but I feel like there’s probably a dope Leisure Suit Larry game with a similar comedic sensibility.

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2006-12-29

PM

That’s a tough one. You might get the same vibes from parts of Sam & Max Hit the Road, Dog Mendonça & Pizza Boy, Randal’s Monday and Ben There, Dan That!, but probably not as consistently.

The golden age of mathematics - that was not the age of Euclid, it is ours. -Cassius Jackson Keyser

Joined 2018-03-16

PM

PlanetX - 03 April 2018 04:22 AM

I don’t really have a recommendation but I just played through the game too and It’s really good.

Good AG for newcomers to the genre as well because it’s not too difficult. I really wish they had made more games. The game sold pretty well too (perhaps overtime with sales & bundles idk for sure).

I’m trying to think of other good games in a similar vein. Paradigm is really funny and has some dirty jokes but it’s more off-kilter than “filthy.” I love that game, though, so it’s just worth playing in general.

I’ve got huge gaps in my familiarity with Sierra games but I feel like there’s probably a dope Leisure Suit Larry game with a similar comedic sensibility.

Paradigm is on my wishlist. I sorted this site’s reviewed games from best to worse and started playing all of the “top” games I already owned and wishlisted the ones I didn’t. Paradigm was one of those. Waiting for a deep discount or a bundle   Money Mouth

Joined 2018-03-16

PM

Harald B - 03 April 2018 05:56 AM

That’s a tough one. You might get the same vibes from parts of Sam & Max Hit the Road, Dog Mendonça & Pizza Boy, Randal’s Monday and Ben There, Dan That!, but probably not as consistently.

I forgot about Dog Mendonça & Pizza Boy, adding to my backlog, thanks for the recommendations. Already played the other two and loved ‘em both.

Total Posts: 82

Joined 2016-09-11

PM

I haven’t seen anything with quite the same crass British humour. But I’ll give a call to The Adventures of Fatman as the nearest thing humour wise, which is also very cheap during a sale.

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’m very interested in trying some of the games recommended as I very much enjoyed Hector Badge of Carnage too!  Smile

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

larry-reloaded narrator’s has tons of those kinda jokes

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top