• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LadyLindashanethewolf

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

GEM-ini Rue!

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Yeah, FPS.

Previously, I had tried doing a first person shooter/adventure hybrid with my 2007 game, La Croix Pan, which kind of worked, but it didn’t feel correct for Gemini Rue.

http://www.gamecareerguide.com/features/946/postmortem_joshua_nuernbergers_.php?page=4

From the man himself.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Played this gem over the weekend and what an excellent game.
The plot and writing were great and the twist!! was really nicely executed. Also loved the final monologue by Sayuri. The shotting was easy enough to not bother me and it kind added to the tension in those moments.

That’s 2 for 2 from Wadget Eye for me after playing this and Primordia. Can’t wait to try Resonance some day after some comments in here saying it’s even better.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

wilco - 04 May 2013 08:29 PM

That’s 2 for 2 from Wadget Eye for me after playing this and Primordia. Can’t wait to try Resonance some day after some comments in here saying it’s even better.

It is, and you might also want to give the Blackwell Bundle a chance. They are written by Dave Gilbert, who is not only the founder of Wadjet Eye, but in my opinion also one of the most talented new game developers.

Neither Gemini Rue, Resonance or Primordia was actually made by Wadjet, but Wadjet helped with the voice acting (and perhaps some other things) and is the publisher of these games.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Smart choices in projects to publish, that’s Wadjet Eye.
Dave Gilbert really knows what he’s doing.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Iznogood - 05 May 2013 05:34 AM

It is, and you might also want to give the Blackwell Bundle a chance. They are written by Dave Gilbert, who is not only the founder of Wadjet Eye, but in my opinion also one of the most talented new game developers.

Neither Gemini Rue, Resonance or Primordia was actually made by Wadjet, but Wadjet helped with the voice acting (and perhaps some other things) and is the publisher of these games.

I have to try Blackwell someday, I have the bundle sitting there for ages but never gave it chance. I think the sci-fi setting of these 2 games seemed more appealing to me. Didn’t know they were all completely different developers, but I noticed that some of the voice acting was similar in the 2 I played, Wadget Eye must help with the finishing touches.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

I loved the writing and the aesthetics in this game, very smart use of colors and pixels.
The best minimalist and limited approach with high effect. The Self-Meditation themes and end game was one of the most profound experiences.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 05 May 2013 07:59 AM

I loved the writing and the aesthetics in this game, very smart use of colors and pixels.
The best minimalist and limited approach with high effect. The Self-Meditation themes and end game was one of the most profound experiences.

I agree. The game risked a bit with the grand themes and plot but I think it delivered. Loved those last lines:

[spoiler]Sayuri:He only has who he is right now, and that’s all that matters.
He doesn’t have to live a life of rue anymore[/spoiler]

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

I always found that despite Wadjet not making some of these games, they seem to choose wisely and provide content that I generally enjoy and find fascinating. Can’t go wrong with the support like that. Grin

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I’ve loved Gemini Rue, Resonance and the Blackwell series. Brilliant stuff. Still need to play the more obscure titles frome Wadjet Eye. Personally I didn’t see the twist coming in Gemini Rue but I very much did in Resonance. But both (or should I just say all) games have great plots. I don’t mind the retro style at all really, though I certainly wouldn’t mind the same games with higher graphics either. Also, great puzzle design in WE games.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 05 May 2013 12:52 PM
nomadsoul - 05 May 2013 07:59 AM

I agree. The game risked a bit with the grand themes and plot but I think it delivered. Loved those last lines:

[spoiler]Sayuri:He only has who he is right now, and that’s all that matters.
He doesn’t have to live a life of rue anymore[/spoiler]

And you changed the avatar to Sayuri i guess.Smile

That and i also liked the integration of anime/japanese influence into narrative and depiction of future, it wasn’t just western sci-fi tropes.

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2008-10-17

PM

just played the game today, finished it in one sitting! amazing story, atmosphere, soundtrack, and characters.. i didnt really play any adventure games in the last few years, except the telltale stuff.. im hooked again! resonance is next Smile

Total Posts: 124

Joined 2013-08-10

PM

I actually have both Resonance and Gemini Rue, but haven’t gotten enough time to check out either one in-depth. I took an immediate liking to the tone of Resonance, so I’m kind of more excited about it than I am Gemini Rue.

EDIT: Oh crap, this is an old thread. Didn’t check the dates before posting. Sorry. Embarassed

K R Parkinson - Staff Writer

Contact: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2008-10-17

PM

yeah, sorry i dug up the thread, i didn’t want to make a new one since it already existed.. but i just had to post about the game Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top