• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Upcoming adventure games in April

Total Posts: 36

Joined 2018-02-06

PM

Hi everybody

I selected 5 adventure games that I think are the most promising for April. The second game in the video (The Haunting of Baskerville) is more of a hunch. The trailer doesn’t give away anything really. Anybody knows something more about it? Which one are you most excited about? Any games I missed?

(names and links in description)

Cheers!

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I loved your game trailer Gamewalker! Thumbs Up  but these days you can’t believe a thing until the game turns up when it does (if it does!  Laughing )

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

3 Minutes to Midnight might be cool when it comes out in 2019.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2018-02-06

PM

chrissie - 25 March 2018 04:02 PM

I loved your game trailer Gamewalker! Thumbs Up  but these days you can’t believe a thing until the game turns up when it does (if it does!  Laughing )

That’s very true Chrissie!

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

The April games look much more interesting than the March ones. Too bad that Tsioque decided to use Peer Gynt’s In the hall of the Mountain King. I’d say that’s a no-no after it was used in The Witness for the player’s challenge in the mountain.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

It’s out of copyright, so anyone can use it. If it fits the theme, who cares if someone else used it in another game? Disney used it in Fantasia. Did you have a problem with that?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Nice, looking forward to Solo and Tsioque!

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Nothing to do with copyright. It’s not smart, that’s all. But you don’t have any idea what I’m talking about and you haven’t played The Witness.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tsioque looks cool rest is meh

Joined 2018-02-06

PM

Lucien21 - 25 March 2018 05:09 PM

3 Minutes to Midnight might be cool when it comes out in 2019.

The demo will be out this April :-)

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-12-22

PM

Nice

Story rich DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and linux for direct download - https://fireflowergames.com/. Half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Fun video to watch, thanks for sharing.

Smile

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

Wow,  3 minutes to midnight looks like a triple A title of years gone by. Very, very impressive

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Karlok - 25 March 2018 09:51 PM

Nothing to do with copyright. It’s not smart, that’s all. But you don’t have any idea what I’m talking about and you haven’t played The Witness.

You’re right. It has nothing to do with copyright, because there is none. And you’re also right. I have no idea what you’re talking about. And you’re also right. I didn’t play Witness.

But the subject of your post was the music. And that’s the only topic to which I responded.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

rtrooney - 30 March 2018 10:01 PM

You’re right. It has nothing to do with copyright, because there is none. And you’re also right. I have no idea what you’re talking about. And you’re also right. I didn’t play Witness.

But the subject of your post was the music. And that’s the only topic to which I responded.

The Witness is a puzzle game with ambient sounds but no music, except for the so-called “challenge” inside a mountain. The challenge consists of a series of puzzles the player has to solve before In the Hall of the Mountain King ends. If you haven’t solved all the puzzles when the music stops, you have to start all over again. Worse, the puzzles are different every time. Of course there are a few geniuses who succeed on their second or third attempt, but for the average player the challenge is very hard. Some give up after only a few tries, but it’s so frustrating to be almost there and you know you can do it, just one more time… only a few seconds short… one more time… rats!

And all the time the music is playing. Over and over again. The game ruined In the Hall of the Mountain King for me and I’m sure for millions hundreds of thousands other players. I can’t listen to it without thinking of the challenge. The Witness is a very succesful and popular game. And now an indie game uses the same music? Not smart.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Karlok - 31 March 2018 09:51 AM

The Witness is a puzzle game with ambient sounds but no music, except for the so-called “challenge” inside a mountain

Factually wrong

More ( There is Russian Song too )

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top