• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

All Adventures in Germany.. (Jan, Jan, Jan)

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2008-09-02

PM

It certainly isn’t useful when you used to sell a good amount of your games for 40 Euros and had respective production values. Having the same production values, with people prefering to spend less money on an adventure game, and the publisher/developer not selling the amount of copies they used to sell, doesen’t seem like a good idea to me. Wink

Now playing: GreedFall, Control
Recently finished: Telling Lies, The Sinking City

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Surely you don’t think production values have stayed the same? Lucasarts and sierra used to have huge teams and millions in funding to work on their games.

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2008-09-02

PM

I’m just referring to the situation of the particular studios that were represented in the interview.  They worked with certain production values (JT gave a detailed idea of how much they spent on their adventure games), and people got used to them. Certainly, the interview gives a very clear idea of why it’s difficult to justify production values that are similar to what they used to work with in 2009 or so.  I don’t see why this has anything to do with how Lucas Arts or Sierra made games.

Now playing: GreedFall, Control
Recently finished: Telling Lies, The Sinking City

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I liked the the article because it had lots of information on the development process on making a game and lots of opinions on games I like.

Also, some information on how much a games costs to develop and bring to market.

JA gets lots of articles like these and they are always appreciated.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top