• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieIronCretinrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Best Game U Played in 2017

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Because I play mainly IOS, I am late to the party with most of my new releases. What is a new release to me the PC people (lucky you) got in 2015, etc.

OK! What was YOUR favorite adventure game you played last year?

Mine was Dangaronpa V3 on the PSVITA - love that game. 2nd is Phoney Wright 7 - stunning game on IOS. Third is Technobabylon - best budget priced game I played in 2017.

OK! What is your favorites? I know, so many great games and so little time.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Gorogoa - Stories Untold - What Remains of Edith Finch - Xing - Orwell

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

Xing: The Land Beyond and Cradle. I didn’t want either of them to end.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

The Sexy Brutale, shortly followed by all the ones Karlok mentioned.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I am dying to play “What Remains of Edith Finch” - I’m going to look into the PS4 version.

This game has won so many best of the year awards, mainly for best story.

Who knows, maybe it will make my best of 2018 list.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 67

Joined 2018-01-10

PM

The best game I played during 2017 was Anchorhead. I also played the graphic adventures Kathy Rain, Life is Strange, Candle, Dangaronpa and Gemini Rue but they were all pretty garbage games compared with Anchorhead.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Well, that is a very high recommendation, I’m just going to have to add Anchorhead to my must play list.

Heart

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Observer, Detention, Finch, Ronpa V3, Rime

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

It wasn’t a 2017 release. But Kathy Rain was the best I played in 2017. Also played Viktor and Thimbleweed Park among others. These would be my top three.

The latter two had some shortcomings that couldn’t get them to the #1 slot.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Who is this “U” person and how should I know what he/she played in 2017?

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2008-09-02

PM

Mikekelly - 12 March 2018 08:54 PM

I am dying to play “What Remains of Edith Finch” - I’m going to look into the PS4 version.

This game has won so many best of the year awards, mainly for best story.

Who knows, maybe it will make my best of 2018 list.

Heart

Actually, “What Remains of Edith Finch” was also my favorite of 2017. I shouldn’t go into details for now, but I predict that you’ll have a brilliant time with it!  Laughing

While I haven’t played The Sexy Brutale yet, this is a 2017 game I definitely want to play this year. The concept sounds intriguing.

Now playing: GreedFall, Control
Recently finished: Telling Lies, The Sinking City

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Mikekelly - 15 March 2018 09:21 PM

Well, that is a very high recommendation, I’m just going to have to add Anchorhead to my must play list.

In case you don’t know: Anchorhead is an old text adventure from the 90s. A very good one if you like lovecraftian horror. And it’s free. We had an Anchorhead community playthrough some time ago. See here.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

It’s hardly high praise to say a game is better than such a mediocre game as Kathy Rain AKA The Poor Man’s Gabriel Knight.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

The best AG game I played in 2017 is What Remains of Edith Finch.
Some other games I liked were The Darkside Detective, Thimbleweed Park, Tacoma, and Garagoa.

I also loved Kelvin and the Infamous Machine (this game has an iOS port Mikekelly so check it out Smile) which is an older game that I played in 2017. Also Al Emmo which I played as part of the AGCP.

On iOS, I loved Love You to Bits. I heard about it from Kuru here, and they were giving it for free, so I tried it out, and it has to be one of the most underrated AG’es out there. Folks should check it out if they haven’t done so yet.

From 2017, I also loved The Sexy Brutale, but I played that in early 2018. I nominated for my AG game of the year in the lack of having Edith Finch as a choice.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Luhr28 - 16 March 2018 01:54 PM

It’s hardly high praise to say a game is better than such a mediocre game as Kathy Rain AKA The Poor Man’s Gabriel Knight.

Kathy Rain is a very competent, non-mediocre, production by one Indie game developer, the Gabriel Knight series was produced by a studio with the backing of millions so it’s hardly fair to compare them. Also, although Kathy Rain does in places reflect a GK vibe it is completely different to the GK games.
If KR doesn’t appeal that’s fair enough but it has struck me lately that there are 2 regular posters here that don’t seem to have anything positive to say on the majority of threads they post on.

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

It’s really curious. The best game I played in 2017 was GK1 original version (yeah, I hadn’t played it yet) and the second one was Kathy Rain.

I think some people believe they must compensate what they think is an overrated game by trying to despise it.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top