• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Endurance - a new adventure game based on a true story

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2006-09-13

PM

Hello everyone!

I’m excited to share with you the news about a new adventure game I’m currently developing, based on a true story.

In 1914 the Endurance expedition set out to be the first to cross the Antarctic continent from sea to sea. The man in charge – Sir Ernest Shackleton - famed polar explorer, leader of men, true adventurer at heart. To face this formidable task, Shackleton procured one of the strongest wooden ships ever built and christened her ‘Endurance’.
However, as is often the case with these endeavors, things did not go quite as planned. Just a day’s sailing distance from their planned landing spot, Shackleton and his 27 men (and 69 sledge dogs) looked around to find nothing but immense ice floes, as far as the eye can see, closing in on the Endurance from all directions. They were stuck.
They had no way to communicate with the outside world, no one knew exactly where they are, nor could anyone reach them. They would have to muster all their willpower and might if they are to survive in the harsh Antarctic conditions. Little did they know that this was only the beginning of their ordeal…

The game will be 2D hand-drawn and based on the people and events that comprise the incredible story of the Endurance expedition – one of the greatest adventure stories in modern history.

If you are interested in more details, and/or willing to help test early builds of the game, do let me know and perhaps consider following the Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/planariastudio/

Best and thank you for reading Smile ,
Jonathan

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Aren’t most adventure games based on true stories? Like Day of the tentacle?

Total Posts: 284

Joined 2013-02-26

PM

This looks really interesting, all the best with development! Smile

Total Posts: 208

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

Headycakesofdoom - 03 March 2018 03:42 AM

Aren’t most adventure games based on true stories? Like Day of the tentacle?

Haha.  Laughing

This one looks like it could be quite compelling. I definitely like this whole “historical fiction” type of adventure game.

“Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!”- Guybrush Threepwood

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top