• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Firmament - New Cyan Game

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

From the makers of Myst and Obduction

Doesn’t give away much and says it’s a VR experience.

http://firmamentgame.com/

The game of Firmament is a resplendent, magical, journey — a monumental voyage through four diverse and curious realms, working in concert with an ever-present, clockwork companion, and the support and instruction of a long-dead, ethereal mentor.

Everything is not as it seems.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I really enjoyed Obduction (more than I’d expected), so I’m definitely interested in whatever Cyan’s next project is.

That trailer’s kinda vague, though—especially for something that goes on for so long.

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Ooooo!  Can’t wait!

I’ve loved Obduction and all the Myst games and this one should be no exception.

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

I still haven’t found time to play Obduction. This looks good though!

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2006-10-02

PM

As I understand it Cyan is looking for a way to fund it, haven’t got the money yet, so don’t get your hopes too high. But I do hope they succed.

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

I like to play a new Myst game,so i’m calling it Myst Firmament from now on.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 247

Joined 2012-05-21

PM

Phlebas - 05 March 2018 06:32 AM

I still haven’t found time to play Obduction. This looks good though!

I still haven’t found the funds to buy a new computer to play Obduction. I probably shouldn’t look too closely at this one, or I’ll be setting myself up for frustration, as I’m likely NEVER going to have VR capability…

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2018-01-09

PM

If you have a PS4, that’s also an option rather than buying a new computer.  Even on my pretty decent computer (was able to play Ethan Carter on max settings with no lag) the transitions from one world to another were pretty slow.  There are a couple of bubble zones (hidden loading zones) where the game would completely halt until it had loaded the next area also (I kept thinking my computer had crashed or something), although maybe those have been optimized with the latest updates.  Anyway, Obduction was a great game.  Definitely recommended.

Total Posts: 247

Joined 2012-05-21

PM

No PS4. Only WiiU. I definitely look forward to being able to play Obduction someday, but I was rather annoyed at how high the requirements were. When I BACKED the game, my computer had pretty decent specs, but by the time they released it, the requirements included a new processor, so I couldn’t even play by upgrading my graphics card.

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Obduction is very overrated,technically and artistically nowhere near Myst series quality.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Gabe - 07 March 2018 11:04 AM

artistically nowhere near Myst series quality.

agree

Even Uru was better, fantastical alien worlds element was missing

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top