• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Upcoming adventure games in March

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Okay. And I am saying you are being too optimistic that Chuchel will be a good game (let alone the ONLY good game).

By the way, we also have 2 episodes of Orwell coming out which I’m far more excited about than anything in the video.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

FoxTail is like a lost child of Kyrandia and Inherit the Earth, will definitely check it out. Not sure about the rest. Chuchel looks really ugly and dull, the kind of idiocy Disney and Cartoon Network are producing today. The game about the Chernobyl disaster doesn’t look like an adventure game at all… And the one that follows looks like it was made for emos - “abducted, alone, blah-blah”, there is still demand for this depressing stuff?

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Oscar - 26 February 2018 07:29 AM

Okay. And I am saying you are being too optimistic that Chuchel will be a good game.

it will of course, this company always shoot to kill, never misses, and what i was saying, ppl do not need to dig greatness of merely average adventure (than chuchel) that is it, truth must be said, if one day adventure gaming sucks, then it sucks i am not gonna defend it, or my spoiled child if he is wrong and that is just me, not asking anyone to share my harshness Cool

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Doom - 26 February 2018 07:32 AM

Chuchel looks really ugly and dull, the kind of idiocy Disney and Cartoon Network are producing today. The game about the Chernobyl disaster doesn’t look like an adventure game at all… And the one that follows looks like it was made for emos - “abducted, alone, blah-blah”, there is still demand for this depressing stuff?

thats marketing Doom, Just marketing, for me it reminded me more of Botanicula, just wait and see and since when Amanita Design gave a bad game, they spend 2-3 years working on just one game, sticking to quality quality, and that is something alone must be appreciated at least for the effort.

Total Posts: 36

Joined 2018-02-06

PM

Advie - 26 February 2018 07:40 AM
Doom - 26 February 2018 07:32 AM

Chuchel looks really ugly and dull, the kind of idiocy Disney and Cartoon Network are producing today. The game about the Chernobyl disaster doesn’t look like an adventure game at all… And the one that follows looks like it was made for emos - “abducted, alone, blah-blah”, there is still demand for this depressing stuff?

thats marketing Doom, Just marketing, for me it reminded me more of Botanicula, just wait and see and since when Amanita Design gave a bad game, they spend 2-3 years working on just one game, sticking to quality quality, and that is something alone must be appreciated at least for the effort.

I’ll have to agree…I saw more then one trick from Amanita.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I dunno, I think Amanity reached their peak with Machinarium. Botanicula was very sweet, but kind of a downgrade for me, in both artistic direction and game design. And now Chuchel… Hard to say anything for sure judging by those clips, but I just don’t see the appeal in the screaming raving rabbids-like psycho dot running around doing stupid things. Maybe it’s just marketing to attract more people, we’ll see soon.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 36

Joined 2018-02-06

PM

Doom - 26 February 2018 08:45 AM

I dunno, I think Amanity reached their peak with Machinarium. Botanicula was very sweet, but kind of a downgrade for me, in both artistic direction and game design. And now Chuchel… Hard to say anything for sure judging by those clips, but I just don’t see the appeal in the screaming raving rabbids-like psycho dot running around doing stupid things. Maybe it’s just marketing to attract more people, we’ll see soon.

Indeed. And maybe it’s just not for everybody. I think it’s important that the ‘community’ doesn’t have to reach a concensus about every game that comes our way.

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Strangely enough, I sort of agree with everyone (minus one). Amanita is indeed a one-trick pony when it comes to cuteness, but Machinarium and Botanicula were very different games. I still like their little pony, although Samorost 3 was not as good as M&B.

Foxtail does look the most interesting in the retro department. I’ll give the others a wide berth.

And no, consensus is not necessarily a good thing.

PS: Marketing has never been one of Amanita’s strengths.

PPS: I’m also more excited about the next episodes of Orwell 2 than anything else this month.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’m keeping my fingers crossed but there is a possibility that the delayed Stonewall Penitentiary may be released sometime in March.

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

I just completed the demo and now I really hope you’re right, Chrissie!

It can be downloaded here, for anyone interested:
https://unimatrixproductions.itch.io/stonewall-penitentiary

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Wargames also comes in March, the new Sam Barlow game

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

wilco - 26 February 2018 05:44 PM

Wow, that’s much sooner than I expected. Great news.  Cool

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 26 February 2018 07:11 PM
wilco - 26 February 2018 05:44 PM

Wow, that’s much sooner than I expected. Great news.  Cool

Actually, I think it’s already available in the eko site

https://helloeko.com/wargames-press/wg101-press/embed

At least I think this is it, I played/saw the first 2 episodes, now sure if it’s the same thing that will be on Steam.
Weird concept, not seeing how the paths are recorded.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

wilco - 26 February 2018 08:04 PM

At least I think this is it, I played/saw the first 2 episodes, now sure if it’s the same thing that will be on Steam.

It can’t be the finished game, can it? I mean, there’s nothing to do except click on screens and take some pics. No real interaction, no option to choose a path that I can see, even though it says “saving path”. I’ll try to suspend judgement, but what I’ve seen so far doesn’t appeal to me. Too much talk about absolutley nothing, boring look-at-my-amazing-sixpack stuff, hey babe, what’s up, what is the story about anyway. The acting is quite good though. Natural.

I guess I’m too old for this type of game.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 26 February 2018 08:57 PM
wilco - 26 February 2018 08:04 PM

It can’t be the finished game, can it? I mean, there’s nothing to do except click on screens and take some pics. No real interaction, no option to choose a path that I can see, even though it says “saving path”. I’ll try to suspend judgement, but what I’ve seen so far doesn’t appeal to me. Too much talk about absolutley nothing, boring look-at-my-amazing-sixpack stuff, hey babe, what’s up, what is the story about anyway. The acting is quite good though. Natural.

I guess I’m too old for this type of game.

Seems that’s about it, also don’t understand the “saving path”, just wonder if watching a specific screen changes what happens. Doens’t seem to. The steam page does say :“As you choose where to focus, the story adapts. Your experience of the show is unique to you.

The beginning of the second episode was the worse in boredom and things only picked up in the story at the ending. Acting is just not good, so that doesn’t help the concept… Probably going to check the third later to see if it changes anything.

Keep in mind I think this is a different project from Telling Lies, the actual “sequel” to Her Story he is working with Annapurna, so it might just be a little side thing.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top