• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Grimsworth Reports

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I just stumbled upon this game & tried the demo as I’m always a sucker for an investigative mystery & was hooked for hours just on the demo! The full game’s on Steam very cheap at the mo (no achievements to be had but doesn’t bother me!) so going ahead to buy!
Has anyone else tried it?    Smile

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

I haven’t heard of this. I’ll have to check out the demo, thanks for the heads up chrissie!

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Well, after trying the full game & playing for about 8 hours the game crashed & will no longer launch! - although all of my other games on Steam do. So if you like the demo buy at your own peril!

I’m very disappointed as I was getting towards the end of one pathway & what makes this side-scrolling game interesting (there’s no voice-acting BTW) is that the game progresses slightly differently depending on the choices you make via dialogue which can give you access to some different locations depending on your choice so a new playthrough can open up some different options. (Also all info you’ve gleaned will be retained for each successive playthrough)

I got to a maze-like environment ( Thumbs Up ), which relied on using stealth (no!) but the use of a cardboard box helped a little & that’s where my game crashed, couldn’t get any further & couldn’t re-launch the game.  Sick

Apart from that my main criticisms would be that the dialogue, inventory items & the cursor (you scroll through to perform different actions (NB there’s an option to use WASD keys I think or a gamepad rather than P & C) are presented too small so a strain on the eyes! I would like to have descriptions of the inventory items (you have to try & remember what you’ve picked up as the icons are also very small) & an interactive map would’ve helped as there’s a lot of locations so note-taking is needed!

On the upside I found the mystery interesting, the game is very creepy with atmospheric sound/music here & there & provides a few jump-scares - the protagonist can be killed (frequently in some places if you’re not careful) but you’re thrown back not too far & get to keep any items you managed to pick up before your demise!

There doesn’t seem to be a save-game option but there’s checkpoints so if you quit & go back to the game (if the game chooses to relaunch!) you will not be too far behind from where you left it. There’s also a number of hint ‘flames’ scattered around if you get stuck!

I forgot to mention that there are some interesting puzzles dotted around here & there!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top