• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

BeckyCharophycean

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Community Playthrough #46 Technobabylon

Total Posts: 82

Joined 2016-09-11

PM

I’ve completed the game well with 2 of it’s endings, there is probably at least 3 because the mayor/politician was in 1 ending and wouldn’t be if I didn’t protect him

It has interesting themes of big brother, dystopia, poverty and . But for me the game seemed disjointed whenever the main story of Regis was broken down for Latha and Max sections and neither had enough characterisation or enough of a person storyline to make their parts interesting for me. The puzzles were still logical, well constructed without being too hard or too easy. But I lost interest in these sections. Not because Regis is a great character but because these characters didn’t have much personality. But the story really started to come together in the last 2-3 chapters.

I did guess that Latha would be a long lost daughter a few champters before she did. Partly because her character had little purpose otherwise and obviously her colouring matches that theory

So Adam Baxter No shades of grey here, he’s a complete psychotic who has little rational motivation to get revenge on Regis. He’s not a wholely believable character

So let’s talk about the endings. In the ending where Central is still the central computer Central actually aids Nina, the woman who plotted to overthrow Central to murder Galatea in order to use her brains to expand Central’s potential. Why does Central have no compassion to Galatea? What makes this worse is

Unanswered questions. It was never fully explained why Central hid the fact about the spaceship. The only explanation was that it was aiding the hackers that were looking to change Central. But then why was it fighting off hackers earlier?The story falls apart a little here

Final Spoiler that everyone may want to have a look at sooner or later Apparently there was a hint about a sequel from the developers that I never saw. I think the only way that would work really well was if Central turned into a dictator. That’s the remaining potential in the story for me and there are perhaps hints about the dark side of Central. Ofcourse a sequal is completely dependent on sales, how well did this game sell??

Total Posts: 1254

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

For now, I will comment Chapter 7. For me the process of kicking off everybody from the server was very funny. I did like the Get Nuked! game. Black humour suits in this future. I don’t think you can beat Domino without cheating.

And how did you kick off the dancers? Because there are two ways of achieving it.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

walas74 - 26 March 2018 10:31 PM

And how did you kick off the dancers? Because there are two ways of achieving it.

I don’t remember kicking them off, I think they disappeared themselves on my first visit to VR.  Meh

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 417

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

For now, I will comment Chapter 7. For me the process of kicking off everybody from the server was very funny. I did like the Get Nuked! game. Black humour suits in this future. I don’t think you can beat Domino without cheating.

You can, I believe there’s an achievement for it. I haven’t done it personally but I watch a YouTuber who did

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Doom - 27 March 2018 06:44 AM

I don’t remember kicking them off, I think they disappeared themselves on my first visit to VR.  Meh

Ok, that’s because you broke the antenna outside the den. As they are connecting from abroad, they disappear. This is one of the methods.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Finished chapter 7 and it was a nice change of pace from the prior chapter. Puzzles were super easy, and figured it all out without getting stuck at all.

One thing that is getting frustrating though is how much conversation there is in the dialogue trees. And some of them are super heavy technical stuff that is tiresome to listen to.  I just replayed Day of the Tentacle, and any conversation with a character usually lasts at most 4 or 5 questions, but here, it just keeps going and going and everyone has something to say.

walas74 - 27 March 2018 07:42 AM

Ok, that’s because you broke the antenna outside the den. As they are connecting from abroad, they disappear. This is one of the methods.

Cool I didn’t know that Smile What I did was
Block Russia because they won in hockey according to the news. The fans are all Russian so poof they are gone.

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

SoccerDude - 27 March 2018 02:32 PM

Finished chapter 7 and it was a nice change of pace from the prior chapter. Puzzles were super easy, and figured it all out without getting stuck at all.

One thing that is getting frustrating though is how much conversation there is in the dialogue trees. And some of them are super heavy technical stuff that is tiresome to listen to.  I just replayed Day of the Tentacle, and any conversation with a character usually lasts at most 4 or 5 questions, but here, it just keeps going and going and everyone has something to say.

Cool I didn’t know that Smile What I did was
Block Russia because they won in hockey according to the news. The fans are all Russian so poof they are gone.

And that’s the other way Laughing

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Oh, that way it makes sense Smile But it’s kinda frustrating that you can solve it before even realising there is a puzzle. I also spent quite some time with the world map, trying to figure out which way it was related to the VR. Not the best puzzle imho.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Doom - 27 March 2018 07:09 PM

Oh, that way it makes sense Smile But it’s kinda frustrating that you can solve it before even realising there is a puzzle. I also spent quite some time with the world map, trying to figure out which way it was related to the VR. Not the best puzzle imho.

I disagree. You have enough hints. The dancers are celebrating a sport victory and they are spilling vodka all over the dance floor. If you look at the news, you see that Russia beated Canada in a hockey match, so you can deduce they are Russian. Therefore, if you block connections from Russia, bye bye dancers…

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

walas74 - 27 March 2018 07:28 PM
Doom - 27 March 2018 07:09 PM

I disagree. You have enough hints. The dancers are celebrating a sport victory and they are spilling vodka all over the dance floor. If you look at the news, you see that Russia beated Canada in a hockey match, so you can deduce they are Russian. Therefore, if you block connections from Russia, bye bye dancers…

Also if you ask the girl downstairs about the dancers, she tells you they are celebrating a sports victory. That’s how I figured it out.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Finished chapter 8 and it was fun. I chose to blame councilman Deane, because I thought it to be the right thing to do, even though Ran Shou Man is probably a terrible person. Lying about the explosion did not feel right, and councilman Deane did end up killing Imogen with the explosion. I wonder how this decision will play down the line, or will it be meaningless like saving the suicide bomber from the train earlier.

Seems like now   everything will come to a head collision with both Charlie and Latha going to the same place. Should be exciting Smile

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I actually blamed both of them by saving the game before hand. I did that to watch different endings later in the game also.

Good to see everyone enjoying the game, Keep those comments coming. Even if you have finished the game stick around, your opinions count.

I liked chapter 8, hope it is as well liked as chapter 7, which is a real pleaser.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 82

Joined 2016-09-11

PM

SoccerDude - 28 March 2018 06:25 PM

Finished chapter 8 and it was fun. I chose to blame councilman Deane, because I thought it to be the right thing to do, even though Ran Shou Man is probably a terrible person. Lying about the explosion did not feel right, and councilman Deane did end up killing Imogen with the explosion. I wonder how this decision will play down the line, or will it be meaningless like saving the suicide bomber from the train earlier.

Seems like now   everything will come to a head collision with both Charlie and Latha going to the same place. Should be exciting Smile

What happened when Councilman Deane was blamed? Because I blamed Ran Shou Man. I’m guessing there’s a very slight difference to one ending.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Deane will be killed instead. After you finish the game, reload a saved game before the event and watch him be killed.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Great news, Wadjet has just announced Technobabylon 2! This new adventure will feature a brand-new Cyberpunk storyline and feature:

1) High-res graphics - now 1200 x 1000 resolution in 3D.

2) VR compatable - play the game in your favorite VR headset.

3) Cthulhu storyline - three times the gore of the origonal game with the players fighting off Cthulhu cultists.

4) Lose your sanity - every character now has sanity, if you learn too much about Cthulhu - you go insane!

Watch for its release later this year!

Heart

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top