• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Community Playthrough #46 Technobabylon

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Thanks for the tip, I would have never thought of injecting him with water. Since this is my second playthrough, I’ll have to give it a try.

If you are trying to stay on schedule, you should be finishing up chapter 6 today and starting chapter 7 tomorrow.

I do believe that chapter 7 should be a real crowd pleaser, I know I liked it.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I’m afraid I’m also behind the shedule Frown Hopefully I’ll finish parts 5-7 by the end of this week.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 1260

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Chapter 7 is my favourite!

Enjoy.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Good to know, but you can always tell us why chapter 7 is your favorite, we want details!

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1260

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Not before people play it Wink

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

You could always use spoiler tags! I do agree that chapter 7 is one of the best chapters of the game!

Heart

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

You have until tomorrow to complete chapters 7 and 8 if you want to stay on schedule. For many that’s plenty of time. To many, chapters 7 and 8 are some of the best chapters. I am looking forward to what people think about those chapters after tomorrow.

Heart

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I’m wondering if it makes sense to give a week of catching up. I know I have fallen behind in the last couple of chapters, and we didn’t hear back from any other players concerning their progress.

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I support SoccerDude, I also wasn’t able to stay on schedule. Will try my best though Smile

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Sounds great. OK everyone - if you need a week to catch up, please do so. Also, if you have completed a chapter recently (any chapter) please post your opinions of it.

We are in the chapters of the game now that are among the best, so I’d love to hear some opinions so please post.

Heart

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Finished parts 5 and 6 in one sit. Part 5 gave me a Gabriel Knight 1 feel with all those detailed dialogues (out of a sudden), plus the lab part reminded me of the last chapter in GK with its locations and music. I also found the DNA puzzles interesting, if a bit simplified, as I expected some complex deduction and comparison of samples, phrase matching, revealing some dirty secrets to the public, etc. But it was still a nice, peaceful investigation.

The 6th chapter changed the rules and the temp once again. It was rather exciting, although I’m not a big fan of this sort of “stealth-adventure” gameplay where you carve your way by neutralizing enemies and opening doors using environment. Can’t really single out any particular moment or puzzle - all of them worked well together, but weren’t that interesting or unique if you separate them (in fact I had quite a lot of deja vus). Also not much futurism here, it even felt like the devs wanted to take a break from the sci-fi theme.

SoccerDude - 12 March 2018 05:18 PM

By the way, if you hadn’t done so, try dialing random numbers on the VOIP of the terminal. There are tons of amusing recordings there. Thought it was a nice touch.

I did that, nice touch indeed. The attention to detail in this game is very impressive at times.

SoccerDude - 12 March 2018 05:18 PM

One thing I am suspicious of:
*** BIG “SPOILER” GUESS AHEAD ***
Anyone else think the silhouette of the woman talking to the blonde villain guy is Galatea Vargas, Eduardo Vargas’s daughter? She sure looks like her.

I’m also sure that’s her.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Yes, I could not agree more, for an inexpensive indie, this game has great attention to detail. The game has lots of little things that add to the story.

Overall, I like these little indie games, for the money they are great entertainment.

Heart

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Chapter 5 kinda reminded me of the origonal Gabriel Knight also, which is a positive thing because I liked that game a lot.

I would be great if in the future this game got a high res remake - I’d play that in a heart beat. This game and Kathy Rain both I would support kick starter campaigns to get high res remakes done.

Heart

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Finished Chapter 7. That was an interesting turn followed by some of the better puzzles (the VR/real world interactions and the cocktail puzzle in particular). Of course, it was also the most surreal chapter so far, and I thought the VR could’ve been extended - it felt kinda empty and boring. Didn’t like the idea of the nuclear explosion simulator - even if the game makes a point about the moral side of things, it was still an unpleasant experience. I also wonder if it’s possible to win the ball game without using drugs - I scored one point, but gave up soon because it started glitching: when I stroke too early, the ball bounced off the wall behind that best player. Once again, not much story to discuss here, but I liked the flashbacks at the beginning and at the end of the chapter, nice way to explore the characters.

Total Posts: 82

Joined 2016-09-11

PM

Doom - 26 March 2018 08:27 AM

Finished Chapter 7. That was an interesting turn followed by some of the better puzzles (the VR/real world interactions and the cocktail puzzle in particular). Of course, it was also the most surreal chapter so far, and I thought the VR could’ve been extended - it felt kinda empty and boring. Didn’t like the idea of the nuclear explosion simulator - even if the game makes a point about the moral side of things, it was still an unpleasant experience. I also wonder if it’s possible to win the ball game without using drugs - I scored one point, but gave up soon because it started glitching: when I stroke too early, the ball bounced off the wall behind that best player. Once again, not much story to discuss here, but I liked the flashbacks at the beginning and at the end of the chapter, nice way to explore the characters.

No I don’t think you can win without the drugs because I tried for quite a while.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top