• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LadyLinda

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Community Playthrough #46 Technobabylon

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Yes, walkthroughs can sometimes save a game. If you are really stuck, they will get the game back on track.

Good call on a sequel, which ending they would go with would be interesting. Of course, they could just go with a completely different story in a completely different location and time.

Ok, it’s the 20th, admin please unhook this game.

You can keep playing if you have not finished of course.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 2063

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

And I just finished the whole thing in one long sit Smile Sorry, but I just didn’t have time for games before. And my God, there was SO much talking in the last three chapters Confused It’s not necessarily a bad thing, but why, why out of a sudden…

The investigation part was both an unexpected and a clumsy twist. Like, they were just standing by a burned down corpse, waiting for me to find the killer? Who was standing right there among them? And then the killer reveals himself to have a private talk with me? And nobody seems suspicious? And of course I pointed at that politician after all! And I didn’t feel a bit sorry for him, sinse there’s no such thing as a politician with good intentions) The cannibal part was disgusting, but at least they showed it as some sort of future elitist thing which seemed unnatural to ordinary people.

The next chapter was way too short and felt a lot like the 6th chapter - i.m. the “stealth adventure” bit. The plot and all the flashback were mostly good until the “I’m so evil I’ll just kill all your children” and “I’m your father” parts followed. Maybe just too cliched.

The last part was really good and followed the right path: making good use of eveyone’s skills while not forgetting about puzzles and plot. Even though I had to replay it after using the wrench too late, being unable to remove it from the gear. The VR/drone part was the best I think, very inventive.

All in all, a nice game, not great. Probaby better than most futuristic ags I played recently. Also good playtime, even if you forget about those long-winded dialogues. And what’s with the re-introducing parts? Like this one: “Let’s start from scratch. Hi, I’m Charlie, a CEL agent, bla-bla-bla”. They did it several times throughout the game! Is it a running joke or what? Because it’s so not funny…

Ok, enough grumbling Smile Thanks for the game and for the playthrough, Mikekelly and everyone else. Long live Central!  Cool

PC means personal computer

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I agree, for a inexpensive low-res adventure game it was pretty darn good. I found it well worth the money I paid for it.

Now, I always wonder with these games how would they look as a high-res game with a big budget….many of these game deserve a big big budget remake.

Anyway, I thought the voice acting to be first rate, and the plot classic Cyberpunk.

I hope everyone who played in this CPT enjoyed t as much as I did.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m sorry for the delay, but I finally had some time to get further into the game.  I’m in Chapter 3 and was going to ask about using the hand on the terminal in Vander Waal apartment, but I just had a small rush of brains and will try something before I ask for a hint.  I’m enjoying the game so far, although it’s really making me think.  I am thankful for the hotspot checker.  I don’t think I would have found the hanger without it.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Yea! Glad you are still playing! When I get stuck I use a walkthrough myself. Anyway, keep posting as you play the game, you have lots of fun ahead of you I don’t want to spoil.

Heart  Embarassed

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Mikekelly - 18 May 2018 08:12 PM

When I get stuck I use a walkthrough myself. Anyway

yeah i used the walkthrough twice thru the game, but tho i did, i think the game as much as its difficult (not very or even close) i would or should not have referred to the walkthrough afterall, its a great wonder and very rewarding each time you solve it’s puzzles on your own.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m in chapter 5 now.  Unfortunately, the flower sample Dr. Chigwa described (blue flower, varigated leaves, and long fruit) is in the inner sanctum of the lab, and my sample was neutralized when I came out.  I’m now trying to figure out how to get it.  I’m hoping to get the nonsense-speaking tech to help me somehow. 

By the way, I’m getting used to using the touch screen, although I still prefer a mouse.  I have a mild hand tremor that makes my aim imprecise at times, so my characters tend to wander quite a bit because I miss hitting the hotspots.  (I nearly electrocuted Latha by accidntally touching the broken light in her cell.)

I’m avoiding the playthrough comments until after I finish a chapter, but right now I’m thinking that Latha might be related to Regis in some way since his wife and she are both from Sri Lanka.  It would certainly be a nice twist if it’s true.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Chapter5 is intense as i remember, and for a Sci-Fi adventure (always my fav genre) this one has some nice agriculture futuristic themes and nice imagination, with one hard task (puzzle) mostly due to the wide range of rooms and hotspots than the previous chapters, but its the best part of the game, also yet chapter 8 takes with a strange twist from most common gameplaying style of the whole adventure makes it unique in its own. Enjoy it Lady Kestrel, this game almost made to the level of Gemini Rue greatness, imo, or they could be even some would say.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Phew!  I finally escaped the factory!  Getting the message compiled in the plant lab was fun, except that having to grow the alien fungus stumped me for a while.  However, the timed sequence with the first SWAT guy in the factory was frustrating.  I died about 10 times before I found the hotspot to let me back in the office, but at least I didn’t have to reload each time.  I did like the “stealthy” stroll behind the factory equipment.

I see that the next chapter takes place in the past, so I’m hoping some of the motivations will be revealed.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

Mikekelly - 18 May 2018 08:12 PM

When I get stuck I use a walkthrough myself.

That’s cheating though Pan

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

When I use a walkthrough, I am REALLY stuck, nothing I have tried works. It is that or quit the game completely and give up on it.

I love finishing a game without using a walkthrough, but there are those times when you are completely stuck. And there have been a few times when it was a bug in the game that stopped me. Yes, better walkthroughs will tell you how to get around game stopping bugs.

Heart

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top