• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DaleLady Kestrelrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Bizarre Adventures of Woodruff and the Schnibble. Playthrough. (Finished).

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i met a couple of bugs that made me close the app/game and load the nearest save. also at the wise man selling hats if go throw the tunnel on the left withOUT the using the exit icon, Woodruff disappears and you can not control him back out of the tunnel, another bug that needs restating the game and load a save game.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Got it, going to save scum until the 25 Struls! Smile

Advie - 16 February 2018 09:53 PM

i can even ask wilco, do you think until you reached the red light district you met any puzzle that you can say it made no sense according to the Boozooks life and in its Disney kind of approaches?

P.S:ESC skips dialogues and cut-scenes

So far, so good. It’s been pretty linear and the only obscure puzzle was that nut/boot one.  I have been taking it slowly trying everything before moving on.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I’ve arrived at the temple.
Got to say the most annoying thing so far really is the walking speed since there’s a lot of going around. At least there’s a lot of shortcuts.

I’ve looked up a hint for a puzzle - putting the blexnut in the tar to avoid it rolling over. Bad puzzle I think, there’s a ton of stuff in the inventory to keep it from rolling over (feathers?!?) and besides we use tar to paint the target! Angry

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Later as soon you discovered all places on foot you ll get a map.

As for the puzzle i didn’t have any F with me, but yeah since the cross is made of T already there should not ve been a problem.. but somehow it didn’t take me anytime to figure it… gotten used to the game now more than a time.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

it seemed that the 80s adventure which i lived a part of it as a yet born child looking-out-through a very narrow hole of Sierra (and Sierra’s) wasn’t ashamed to be too cruel to gamers; Coktel Vision before it was taken to France and obtained that name, a part of it was the US publisher and later developer Mindscape, they were Lucasfilm licensee. published Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade before Lucasfilm developed itself as a publisher as well thru the LucasArts venue.

but what really blew my mind that they developed a text adventure called Sub Mission (anyone knows about it?) that required gamers to purchase a replacement disk if they lost the mission three times!!!

however Coktel Vision, i understood their direction thru Goblins to give sumthing with only the core of adventure games to gamers supposedly played many adventure games before, and trying at the same time to be as much conservative to the idea of cruelty, that the 80s generation seemed like they didnt mind it at all, and by then it was different and also decade, the early of the 90s where computer gaming was adventure gaming and Woodruff seemed to be Coktel Vision history receptacle of all previous knowlgede with kinda of unflunce of the recent newly blooming Myst idea too, where there were no explantions to the matrial you face at the game’s locations, but at woodruff it was a bit diffrent given this mysterious intecation through the matrial woodruff obtain in his inventory.

anyways it seemed to hold many kinds of different adventure gaming represented at the time from LucasArts to Sierra and Cyan, and also trying to keep their Goblins identify which i guess was a bad idea since they seemed decided to turn the table/page with a new story the held all its given locations together not as Golins where each was held separately, and here was the new gaming style of Coktel Vision a bit confusing between their previous style and the new that turely most peope could not grip, esp those expecting another like the company’s predecessors.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Advie - 18 February 2018 05:17 PM

but what really blew my mind that they developed a text adventure called Sub Mission (anyone knows about it?) that required gamers to purchase a replacement disk if they lost the mission three times!!!

Read about it. Those were the real high stakes. Wonder how many copies it (re)sold.

I wouldn’t say Woodruff is hard so far but I know I’n really at the beginning. Explored the temple and the game is really opening up now. Wiseman, Syllables, Formula… Still have to make sense of it.

I think I got the Wisemen door code bug, at least the Word Wisemen code showed up in the Tabazon and I’m pretty sure I have not heard it yet. Do you know where you found it, Advie?

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wilco - 18 February 2018 05:42 PM

I think I got the Wisemen door code bug, at least the Word Wisemen code showed up in the Tabazon and I’m pretty sure I have not heard it yet. Do you know where you found it, Advie?

remember the lady at the red light district she used to work aa a secretary for a wise man?  she gave it to you.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

if it is not this one then it might be from the wise man selling hats, there are 7 codes you will collect, first 4 four will come eventually as you explore the last three will be a bit harder as their wise men aren’t available.
or from the words Wiseman man himself you met at the entrance of the temple, you wouldn’t have gotten in if you didnt meet!,
forget this bug, i see it making you very conservative at your playing wilco, keep the save-game before the temple at your mind and go forward man.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The door codes I got:

Hat seller - Talent Wisemen door
Time Wisemen note - Council Chamber door
Lady in Red Light District - Throne Room door
Menu in Throne Room - Taste Wisemen door

Reading the manual says the Time Wisemen gives the Word door code to me so maybe he already did. Smile

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wilco - 18 February 2018 06:15 PM

The door codes I got:

Reading the manual says the Time Wisemen gives the Word door code to me so maybe he already did. Smile

you are on the right track, those are the four which comes eventually which i mentioned.
the problem you will face right next now!! is not the codes, you are done, the rest will come from the wise men themselves whom are not being available anywhere, some are in the past or trapped inside a video game… etc. so i mean you passed this bug already, ye got me.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Advie - 18 February 2018 06:25 PM
wilco - 18 February 2018 06:15 PM

The door codes I got:

you are on the right track, those are the four which comes eventually which i mentioned.
the problem you will face right next now!! is not the codes, you are done, the rest will come from the wise men themselves whom are not being available anywhere, some are in the past or trapped inside a video game… etc. so i mean you passed this bug already, ye got me.

Yeah, went back to see if the Time Wiseman had given me and he didn’t so I assumed it was the bug. Worked my way to get the time Syl give to him and in return he gave me the code but also the Advice syl.
I guess if I had used the code without giving the Time Syl I would have never get the Advice Syl and that would be the dead end.

So status right now - Got all the codes to the Wisemen doors and 4 Syllables (Ruling, Basic, TIme and Advice) and 2 Wisemen in the chamber (Time and Word)

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wilco - 18 February 2018 07:15 PM

Yeah, went back to see if the Time Wiseman had given me and he didn’t so I assumed it was the bug. Worked my way to get the time Syl give to him and in return he gave me the code but also the Advice syl.
I guess if I had used the code without giving the Time Syl I would have never get the Advice Syl and that would be the dead end.

Bingo, you nailed the bug, using the words-Wiseman code before giving the Time-Syl to the time-Wiseman, would result never getting the Advice syl… which is the most common Dead-End, almost all players fall for.
great job, wilco!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Wilco, i need also to take your attention to the king and what he says, listen to him with quite an attention and you won’t have to see this next line which is kinda* spoiling “I open beer cans and with only tooth the left”
i don’t know if you will like it or not, give it its excuse or remain obscure?

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Advie - 19 February 2018 06:00 PM

Wilco, i need also to take your attention to the king and what he says, listen to him with quite an attention and you won’t have to see this next line which is kinda* spoiling “I open beer cans and with only tooth the left”
i don’t know if you will like it or not, give it its excuse or remain obscure?

Already did that, gave him the bottle opener. Freed the Health Wiseman from the Virtual Game and traveled to the past to get the code to get the Strength Syl so 4 wisemen in the council room so far.

Did the Factory sequence, that was a test on patience!! I prefer to work at Monolith Burgers in SQ4 Smile

but the payoff was pretty good Smile so now I got access to the Lab/House of Happiness/High Morals Club

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i didn’t go inside, their yet Laughing but i am in love with this unliterary while playing with ye, we are almost around the same percentage thru the game but yet not really following the same pattern!! , but tell me how many Syl. you have got now?, i have Five!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top