• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrelluckyloser

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Little Kite Review

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I was amazed to see this short but wonderful thoughtful but harrowing game get such a lovely review & with such a good rating which I completely agree with!  Thumbs Up

The reviewer steered away from calling it entertaining as yes!, how can you call a glimpse of domestic abuse portrayed in a game that? Whatever other word can you use to delve into a story that engages you as a player which does ‘entertain’ but seems to be completely the wrong word to describe your need to progress with the interesting gameplay regardless & unravel the story…... my thought is that if a controversial subject is promoted in a game, or a book, a film etc that grabs your attention is ‘entertain’ the right word? Smile

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

chrissie - 24 January 2018 03:43 PM

I was amazed to see this short but wonderful thoughtful but harrowing game get such a lovely review & with such a good rating which I completely agree with!  :tup:

The reviewer steered away from calling it entertaining as yes!, how can you call a glimpse of domestic abuse portrayed in a game that? Whatever other word can you use to delve into a story that engages you as a player which does ‘entertain’ but seems to be completely the wrong word to describe your need to progress with the interesting gameplay regardless & unravel the story…... my thought is that if a controversial subject is promoted in a game, or a book, a film etc that grabs your attention is ‘entertain’ the right word? :)

I suppose that would depend on how close to home the subject is for you and/or how much you “enjoy” dark themes. Also, everyone’s threshold for tolerating conflict in a plot is different; what one person considers gripping drama another would think tame.

For myself I don’t mind dark themes but I don’t care for intense personal conflict.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

love the original freeware still haven’t played this, but I tell ye the truth Chrissie i hate feminism even the word it gets me angry; woman were born equal, expoliting feminism ideas made differences not to traform themseleves to equalilty as it was supposed i guess, but instead it only showed differences that there are built in by God .
and to be matter talk and debate for what? changing their nature, for example - based on science and Heartbeat-Physiology of woman’s heart beat faster than a man’s; the average heart rate of a woman is around 78 beat per minute, which is eight beats faster than the average heart rate for a male -
so how they are supposed to tatter with this or change it.

These feminism idea has been at many positions the reason to duck up relations these days, and for the generation of women who grew up fed enough with it and feminism power and bullshit. relations became almost impossible, but anyway, that is sumthing maybe for a PM chat i guess..one day, Laughing

Back to the KITE this game Is about a sad depressing story of a woman that i assume just re/married to have a man in the house, in her life while she raising her child, this man is nothing but an alcoholic slut, so she now* is like to take care of the two.

the gameplaying shines when she deals with small detailed things like managing to feed her child by making a sandwich from her kid from an almost empty fridge (heartbreaking) she even does the fucked up husband work so he won’t get fired, and in return he beats her hard because she says that he does not need to drink today as what was troubling him she fixed, we kinda see the beating thru an expressive sound while the camera on the child cover his ear and shivering,

i never saw this oppressing kinda detailed man beating woman since ‘98 (yeah its feminism), these small details about whether thru cutscene of narrative puzzles and very true in showing what is life for oppressed women behind doors, in the movies, mostly it boils down to the man cheating on her, neglecting her…etc. but the truth of this wrong 2nd marriages that I ‘ve seen a couple of two friends without that top dramatic action, anyways for a divorced woman with a child which has become more common matter, aside from its sumthing like the pain of giving birth and i don’t know
any percentage, but what more common that the success in raising the child, i never asked myself how women can do impossible this for men and then stop at an intersection with crossing lights cant do and so afraid while its done Smile

however, its a great game and i am saying without playing it lol, but played the original freeware which came 2 years ago but obviously, much smaller version and as Chrissie had told me has quite many differences a well

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’m sorry Advie, I don’t understand what ‘feminism’ has to do with this game. 
I can only glean that within the context of the story you have an issue with the woman remarrying for the wrong reasons? & therefore her husband’s behaviour is her fault? I could agree with the 1st but not the 2nd!
As far as I can remember it’s not clear what country & therefore social environment the story is set in but I did get the sense that the woman was left homeless after the death of her 1st husband with no means of supporting herself & her child until she remarried.
I don’t believe any person man or woman in their right mind would knowingly enter a potentially abusive relationship.  But never mind marrying for the wrong reason as the sad fact is that domestic abuse psychological and/or physical within 1st marriages is not uncommon. I’m guessing that in certain cultures it’s not so easy for the woman (or man) to escape and in any culture much harder when children are involved who, unless the break is made, are destined to grow up in a very unhealthy situation. 

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top