• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Was the last decade too oppressed/disparaged?

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Doom - 27 January 2018 09:10 PM
Advie - 27 January 2018 04:18 PM

Doom could you say sumthin good about ‘97 and the games released then, here , i will make it easier on you to decide ‘97 unless then we have a prob w/96 and we need to make decade outta it>>>????

I just thought it was well-established that 1997 was among the best adventure years, with Blade Runner, The Last Express, Riven, Curse of Monkey Island, Zork and Callahan’s that often appear in everyone’s favourite lists. Personally I played Zork, Riven and Broken Sword in addition to Blood and Hexen 2 while all my classmates played Fallout, Diablo and GTA which made me kind of an outcast. It wasn’t all about FPS that replaced AGs, but a broader change of gaming preferences.

we are the outcast of Gaming, Doom Grin

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

BitingWit - 27 January 2018 09:57 PM
Advie - 22 January 2018 09:23 PM

there are too many good examples i wanted to gather that i had to try to make a list as moderate/small as i could:
Scratches - Sherlock Holmes: The Case of the Silver Earring - Gray Matter - The Lost Crown - Murder in the Abbey -  Nightlong - Still Life - Ankh(s) - Memento Mori - Machinarium -  Barrow Hill - Edna and Harvey - Sinking Island - Aura -Keepsake - The Moment of Silence - Myst IV: Revelation - Overclocked - Everlight - Blackwell(s) - Nikopol -  Paradise - Perry Rhodan - Dreamfall: The Longest Journey - ..And Then There Were None - Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island-  Samorost(s) - Shady Brook - Runaways - Sam and Max Seasons - Culpa Innata - Jack Keane -  Art of Murder(s) - A Vampyre Story - Ceville - Gobliiins4 - Tales of Monkey Island Chapters - The Path -  Black Mirror 2 - The Whispered World .

Advie I am surprised as a big Sierra fan you missed out on Al Emmo, for me it is easily the best Sierra clone and also better than all the LSL games!

i sorry BW that you are not following the thread, but its ok .. later on i explained that those 40 were outta 80 .. and the 80 didn’t represent me to taste but i tried to cover games that from my 5-6 years here and 31 years of adventure gaming was important somehow or the other or faar other to the genre.

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Ankh is important? In what way?

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

in announcing the coming of classy 3d third person adventuring company that followed Lucasart 2005 with puzzle kinda ou cant deny their games were fun, for people here it was more fun than Future game that made Black Mirror ornext or AlterEgo

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

So wats the outcome?

Advie add poll , last decade downplayed
Yes
No

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Advie - 28 January 2018 11:45 AM

in announcing the coming of classy 3d third person adventuring company that followed Lucasart 2005 with puzzle kinda ou cant deny their games were fun, for people here it was more fun than Future game that made Black Mirror ornext or AlterEgo

Hmm… forgive me if I am skeptical. But, let’s test it anyway. Anyone want to agree with Advie that Ankh was more fun than Black Mirror?

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

nevermind Wink

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

BitingWit - 30 January 2018 04:05 AM

Hmm… forgive me if I am skeptical. But, let’s test it anyway. Anyone want to agree with Advie that Ankh was more fun than Black Mirror?

I would agree in the context of ‘fun’ meaning amusing & light-hearted which Black Mirror definitely wasn’t. Smile

I enjoyed the first 2 Ankh games & put off the 3rd by the ‘eye-bleeding’ colour palette (& I’m not sure the 3rd was released in English to start with????)
Whether you prefer the Ankh series to games like Black Mirror or Alter Ego is a matter of taste as they’re completely different types of games but I certainly favoured the less fun games like Black Mirror etc Laughing

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

all documented, Bwit, yo win anyway, no need to test. forgive my memory failed me (i too believe btw the BM is more important in the history of adventure gaming) but thought the result in the link below was different

https://adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/4681/

i voted to future games btw, i hate my english barrier makes things go in an undesired way i do not mean, i was only talking about ppl here, not my taste ,remember!!.. or look above up ... 4-5 post above

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

nomadsoul - 30 January 2018 11:37 AM

nevermind Wink

straighten up Nomad, last time someone was defending me for what you said to me, i said let be he is my friend, if you are picking mow on me over whatever things directed to me from others, then i need to think again of what i said to the other person

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Advie - 30 January 2018 01:31 PM
nomadsoul - 30 January 2018 11:37 AM

nevermind Wink

straighten up Nomad, last time someone was defending me for what you said to me, i said let be he is my friend, if you are picking mow on me over whatever things directed to me from others, then i need to think again of what i said to the other person

I deleted the post with nevermind, which was metascore of 2 games biting peep mentioned

Oh and dont be delusional,my post about your english was response to yours joking about my faith, as always with you or onigami or others, first attack comes from otherside, i just retort
Thats why i PMed, if you expect me to be sporting enough to ignore your humor you should do the same and dont be a spoilsport

Blame yourself first, since you started it

And one last thing since you didnt bother to PM but settle here

It wasnt Jabod or any other member here who PMed you to stay here on forums and keep posting , remember who it was ? twice
They wouldn’t care if you would leave, they just found opportunity to attack me and they took it , so dont be ungrateful

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top