• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #45: Thaumistry: In Charm’s Way

Total Posts: 5594

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I just started reviewing what I’ve already played of the game after my trip hiatus.  I had forgotten a few key things but hope to finish it in the next week or so, if all goes well.  I’ll post when I finish but will unstick the thread now for those who want to move on to another playthrough.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I finally got back into the game this week and am having a blast.  I thought it was a hoot playing with the invisible dog, and I loved the punnish use of Alcatraza on the bar.  (That one took me a while.)  I tried using the baseball on Big Kahuna, but my arm isn’t strong enough, and I still haven’t solved the anagram puzzle, gotten the docent to speak louder nor done anything with the Medilift.  I have about 45 points, so I still have much to do.  Since we’re in the middle of a northeaster and my car is in the shop for the weekend, I might be able to finish the game since I won’t be going anywhere for a while.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I finished the game about a half hour ago, and I’m very glad I got to play it.  There were so many wonderfully silly spells to cast, and the aha moments were priceless.  The puzzles were well done with just enough with a bit of outside-the-box logic to scour the little gray cells, and when I got stuck, I really liked the setup of gradual hints which gave me a nudge without having to read full-blown spoilers.  I also liked the two choices at the end and the ease of viewing both of them.  At the convention center, I had recognized a few of the more famous game developers, but it wasn’t until I viewed the credits that I realized they were all Kickstarter supporters. 

Is there going to be a sequel as was hinted?  If so, I would play it.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top