• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Adventures of Nick & Willikins: UPDATE!

Total Posts: 33

Joined 2004-03-22

PM

Hey everyone!

Just a quick update to let you guys know that Pinhead Games has officially entered the Beta testing phase on The Adventures of Nick & Willikins!!  This is so exciting because it means that after MONTHS of hard work, this game if getting really close to the finish line!  We had originally hoped to get this game out before the end of the year, but it looks like we need a little extra time to finish this thing up strong!

Considering that we started this project saying “Let’s just make a small, fun game” and it’s turned out to be the BIGGEST game we’ve ever done… I’d say that a small delay is actually something of a miracle!

In the meantime, enjoy these brand new screenshots! We’d LOVE to get some feedback!

*(UPDATE- Updated hosting site for images so they should show up now!)

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

I think you forgot the screenshots Wink

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Joined 2004-03-22

PM

Are they not showing up for you, or are you just being silly?

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

no screenshots.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Pinched these off your webpage.

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

Links?

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Joined 2004-03-22

PM

Images fixed!!  (I hope)

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Oscar to the rescue! But yes the screenshots are now on point (visible) Smile A fan of your games (as you know) and looking forward to this!

Total Posts: 282

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Looks really good! I’m looking forward to this as well! To try and offer a piece of constructive criticism, text readability in the last screenshot (with the mobile phone) still has room for improvement, unlike the rest of the text.

Joined 2004-03-22

PM

NickyLarson - 01 December 2017 06:40 PM

Looks really good! I’m looking forward to this as well! To try and offer a piece of constructive criticism, text readability in the last screenshot (with the mobile phone) still has room for improvement, unlike the rest of the text.

I completely agree.  In fact, I agree so much that I had already addressed the issue since posting those screenshots!  Grin

OLD VERSION:

NEW VERSION:

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

friarphil - 03 December 2017 01:07 AM
NickyLarson - 01 December 2017 06:40 PM

I completely agree.  In fact, I agree so much that I had already addressed the issue since posting those screenshots!  Grin

OLD VERSION:

NEW VERSION:

It is definitely more legible, but now it seems as if there is anger or frustration in his voice with the jagged text box?! Maybe keep it rectangle or oval and only jagged when or if there is anger or frustration. Overall looking better and looking forward Smile

Joined 2004-03-22

PM

The jagged text box is pretty common imagery for voice coming from a speaker or intercom without necessarily expressing anger.  It was a specific request made by the creative lead and I agree with it.  I appreciate the input though!  Keep it coming!

Some Examples:

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Ahhh, ok that makes sense. Been a long while since I’ve read any comics. Great work guys Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top