• News
  • Reviews
  • Games Database
  • Game Discovery
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Monday 22 October 2012

Total Posts: 2573

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

[MUSIC]

Since I’ve decided to revive the Adventure Game of the Day, I haven’t had much time for my favourite thread ever. So this week I thought I’d combine one of my favourite subjects, game music, and the bane of my existence, the AGSD, and showcase a few scenes that just wouldn’t be the same without their music. Click on the list below the screenshot to listen to the accompanying piece of music.

We begin the week with To the Moon, and the haunting piece of piano music that keeps playing at various points in the game with different arrangements, until it reaches its full, final version (and final title!) in the ending. That piece is an integral part of the story, and the ending wouldn’t be the same without it.

Currently playing:
Recently finished: Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse (R) (4/5) | Detective Di (3.5/5) | Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations (R) (4.5/5) | Heaven’s Vault (3/5) | Ace Attorney: Justice For All (R) (3.5/5) | Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (R) (4.5/5) | Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space (R) (4.5/5) | The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker (abandoned) (2/5) | Assassin’s Creed Odyssey (3.5/5) | The Sexy Brutale (R) (4/5)

Total Posts: 7620

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Awesome game. Hauntingly beautiful and emotional, with simply great story-telling, and the music is probably even better!

One of my favourite games of recent years… Thumbs Up

Now playing: Blade Runner (post-CPT) | The Witcher: Enhance Edition (on hold) | Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (on hold) | Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy (3DS)
Recently finished: Whispers of a Machine (CPT) - 4/5 | Beneath a Steel Sky (CPT) - 3/5 | 3 in Three - 3.5/5 | Puzzle Gallery: At the Carnival - 2.5/5 | The Fool’s Errand (replay) - 3.5/5 | The Dig (replay) - 4.5/5 | Return of the Obra Dinn (CPT) - 4/5 | Beavis and Butt-Head in Virtual Stupidity - 3.5/5 | League of Light: The Game (CCPT) - 3/5 | realMyst: Masterpiece Edition - 2.5/5 | Contradiction - 3/5 | Tex Murphy: Mean Streets - 2/5 | The Last Express - 3.5/5 | South Park: The Fractured But Whole - 4/5 | Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (replay, CPT) - 5/5

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

I got this from the Indie Royale bundle and plan to play it soon. I’ll have tissues ready.

Total Posts: 4584

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I wasn’t crazy about the graphics but the game is a favourite for me - I loved the story & the significance of the music!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!