• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Can you recognize this adventure game?

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2016-01-10

PM

The game starts with a raven or a crow landing on the windowsill of a house.
Inside, a murder is being committed, the victim is a female dancer (or prostitute).
The only witness is the bird. We play the role of a detective or some other sort of investigator. I remember that there was a boy on the street, selling newspaper.
Once we get control, we can click on the bird and a short scripted event happens, the camera zooms in on the eye of the bird and a number of grotesque images are shown, each for the fraction of a second and after that the protagonist makes a remark.

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Many of the casual games have ravens.  Could it be one of the Redemption Cemetary games?

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

reminds me of

but no raven

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Lady Kestrel - 15 November 2017 12:49 PM

Many of the casual games have ravens.  Could it be one of the Redemption Cemetary games?

Also casuals…there are quite a few Poe-themed games. Some are based on Poe, the author, while others are based on his books. Most have a raven presence in the game.

Edit: Murders in the Rue Morgue has all the desired elements, but there’s no was to know if this is the game the poster had in mind.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2016-01-10

PM

Thanks to everybody who looked into it.
I can’t say for sure if you nailed it or not because I’m just an intermediary and I have to get a reply from the original questioner on a Hungarian site.
Also there is a slight chance that this is a Hungarian game which didn’t make it to the international market.
Anyways, I’ll tell if any of the suggestions was a match.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top