• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanchrissieKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Is there an adventure game type you haven’t given a chance? And why not?

Total Posts: 33

Joined 2007-02-25

PM

I’ll play most subgenres of adventure games except Myst type games. I prefer inventory based puzzles. I also find it hard anymore to play 1st person games without getting motion sickness. Another one is if I find out if an adventure game has stealth elements, I run the other direction.

Action/RPGs really aren’t for me. See: stealth, and my hand-eye coordination really tends to let me down when it comes to combat or I simply become impatient. Admittedly though occasionally I’ll play an RPG on god mode to basically turn it into an adventure game. I’ve really enjoyed the Elder Scrolls and Fallout series and currently Dragon Age: Origins despite not being a fan of the combat system.

Currently Playing: Chicory: A Colorful Tale

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

cwapitm - 26 November 2017 03:34 PM

I also find it hard anymore to play 1st person games without getting motion sickness.

I would certainly agree with the motion-sickness avoidance. However, many, but not all, first-person games are made with a 3D perspective. I would happily play those that aren’t.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

I’ve played every kind of adventure game even though I obviously have prefered types so much less so of those that didn’t appeal to me.

Reading through this thread I can only say that no adventure game player should avoid playing Frictionals latest games or the Ace Attorney games.

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Headycakesofdoom - 24 November 2017 08:10 AM
colpet - 23 November 2017 04:01 PM

Narrative/exploration - Ether One (never finished). There wasn’t enough to keep me interested. I need my mind to be occupied with working out things. Games are active for me, not passive.

This is one of the most fiendish puzzle games of the last few years. Perhaps it is misleading because you can “finish” it without solving any, but to get the full ending you need to solve them. And they are HARD.

That sounds like it could be my kind of thing! I have Ether one but haven’t had a chance to play it yet - I’ll bump it up my ‘to play if I ever have time’ list!

Total Posts: 36

Joined 2006-03-14

PM

hidden object games. I have played a few of them but even the ones that I hear good things about, I just can’t get into it, it feels too artificial and static for my tastes.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top