• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Let’s Play: Rise of the Dragon

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Game just got released on gog this week so I thought it might a good time to try. Screenshots always looked very good but don’t know much about it - info on gog makes it very interesting.

It’s 2053 and William ‘Blade’ Hunter must work the Los Angeles shadows to find out who’s behind the horrible murder of the mayor’s daughter. Rumor has it, a new drug is taking over the streets of this already beaten down city and death is only a point and a click away.
Both the game’s cyberpunk stylings and choice-driven gameplay were quite ahead of its time - an attitude that Hunter himself must adopt if he’s to solve this labyrinthine case.

I booted it up, the intro is very stylish, didn’t know there was FMV in it. Environment also cool.

There’s a comic (along with the manual) in gog documentation, only read the beginning since it seemed like it follows the same story as the game.

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

Blade Hunter hmmm

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Burge - 13 November 2017 08:23 AM

Blade Hunter hmmm

Blade runner + replicant hunter = Blade Hunter Smile

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Yeah, not the most subtle of references Smile,  but I’m liking the cyberpunk world

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-12-22

PM

I played it a loooong time ago. It was good.

Story rich DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and linux for direct download - https://fireflowergames.com/. Half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Never played it before. Haven’t finished it yet. Ancient, but good. Really nice art style. Not hard, although I spent ages in the sewer pixelhunting to get the wires just right.

Got to love this kind of screen. Cool

I like the humor too.

And an absolutely wonderful girlfriend… Meh

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Finished. Hated the shooting and jumping. Those action scenes looked pretty silly anyway. The plot has some big holes in it IMNVHO, so in the end it was a nice but disappointing game for me.

One thing I always like: Those oldfashioned MEANWHILE… scenes.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I’ve been slowing making progress, I’m at a point not long after that gruesome death, didn’t solve much of puzzles so that, along with that real-time, make me wonder if ‘m walking to a deadend… The style is really gorgeous.

Karlok - 19 November 2017 11:04 AM

Took a screenshot a moment after Smile Blade is such a romantic Neutral

Another screenshots, most of my time was spent at the club

And another from the date

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-12-22

PM

Karlok - 19 November 2017 01:15 PM

One thing I always like: Those oldfashioned MEANWHILE… scenes.

Yeah, those were nice.

Story rich DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and linux for direct download - https://fireflowergames.com/. Half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

wilco - 19 November 2017 03:57 PM

I’ve been slowing making progress, I’m at a point not long after that gruesome death, didn’t solve much of puzzles so that, along with that real-time, make me wonder if ‘m walking to a deadend… The style is really gorgeous.

I sure died a lot, but I don’t know if there are any deadends. I think it’s more likely that you missed something and the game doesn’t progress anymore. The real-time thing is fairly useless if you ask me. Your girlfriend keeps office hours, but as far as I can tell everything else remains the same. You could try moving time forward in the inventory screen to the next day (save first Smile) and see what happens. 

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 19 November 2017 06:13 PM
wilco - 19 November 2017 03:57 PM

I sure died a lot, but I don’t know if there are any deadends. I think it’s more likely that you missed something and the game doesn’t progress anymore. The real-time thing is fairly useless if you ask me. Your girlfriend keeps office hours, but as far as I can tell everything else remains the same. You could try moving time forward in the inventory screen to the next day (save first Smile) and see what happens.

Didn’t know about that forward time… Pan  Going to try that since I have no idea what I should doing at this day. Gave the drug for analysis to the girlfriend and the weird guy translated the ancient chinese paper.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Yeah, you didn’t do something you should have done. It will instantly help you make progress. If you want a hint, holler.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 20 November 2017 09:47 AM

Yeah, you didn’t do something you should have done. It will instantly help you make progress. If you want a hint, holler.

Yes, a hint please. I think I need to look into those eyepatch guys but only one I’ve seen is at the club but doesn’t talk to me. Nobody wants to talk except The Jake. Also can’t get into the police station. Hollywood Reservoir showed but can’t do anything there.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Hint: Your girlfriend can check more than just the drug for you.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

That’s it, made some progress, I was hesitant to give her more stuff after she kept the stone Smile
I’m at the wire under the sewer now.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

wilco - 21 November 2017 06:30 AM

That’s it, made some progress, I was hesitant to give her more stuff after she kept the stone Smile

I didn’t know you could do that. I guess I kept it to keep me safe. Smile

I’m at the wire under the sewer now.

Terrible puzzle. I saved after every wire.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top