• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Has anybody tried The Witness on mobile?

Total Posts: 247

Joined 2012-05-21

PM

I desperately want to play “The Witness”, but my current desktop isn’t up to the task (and I mean the processor, so buying a new graphics card wouldn’t help), and I’m unlikely to get a new one any time soon.

I see that the game is now available for mobile, at 1/4 the price. The only device I have that would run it is my iPhone, and my knee-jerk reaction is that playing on such a small screen with touch controls might ruin the experience (or at least make it much more difficult), so I’m wondering if anybody has tried it and could either confirm my fears or reassure me that it is still enjoyable in that format.

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

It would not so much be the difficulty of using touch controls that I’d be worried about, but the game requires you to notice small details in the environment which I could not imagine doing on such a small screen. Maybe it would be OK if you are used to using a phone in that way, I know I am not.

Joined 2012-05-21

PM

Hmm…that’s a good point.

I guess what I really need is somebody that has played it on a phone (or better yet on a phone AND on PC or console) who can tell me how much of a problem that really is.

At the end of the day I may just end up biting the bullet and investing $10 to see what I get, as I really am likely a year or more away from getting a new computer (and am never getting a console that it will run on) and don’t really want to wait that long unless it is going to be horrible.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I have played many adventure games on my iPhone 6, they play very well. Some newer iPhone have screens larger than the average handheld video game system and the touch screen makes many adventure games a dream to play.

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2012-05-21

PM

Well, I got it. So far so good. Movement is a little touchy (no pun intended), but otherwise I have encountered no problems (other than my fat fingers obscuring more of the puzzles than I’d like at times, though to be fair this has yet to actually make any puzzles unworkable).

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top