• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Sol 705 A new point and click adventure has been released!

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2017-11-02

PM

Hi guys! I would love to invite you all to check my new point & click adventure released a free days ago!

The game is free to download and play (Mac, PC, linux) and I did just for the pleasure to share this story, so please visit the following sites if you´re looking for a hand made indie adventure to enjoy Crazy

https://sol705.itch.io/sol705

On Android

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.myadv.game

http://www.sol705.com

The year: 1974 – winter vacation, to be precise. Something weird is going on in a sleepy Argentinean rural town. The neighbours’ behaviour is stranger than usual, the livestock suffers from a constipation epidemic and some folks claim to have seen curious lights in the night sky…

The truth is that when you’re on vacation, nights have a way of feeling even longer… It’s the perfect time to test the guts and gumption of Sol 705, a student club devoted to the search for extraterrestrial phenomena. But the boys will face their toughest challenge while making contact with those fabled creatures… members of the opposite sex!
Welcome to SOL705 a point a click adventure that takes place in an analog old fashioned  time-continuum when even to find a single telephone is going to be a real nightmare!

* English version performed by extra-talented voice actors!
* Psychedelic and progressive Pop Rock soundtrack!
* An unmatched decadent sociocultural atmosphere!
* Super funny puzzles and subtitles in both english and spanish!

So I hope you like it and please share with me your opinions and feelings about it! Tnx a lot!

Image Attachments

sol705_panda.pngsol705_screen.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Hi Patoland, I like the look & premise of your game & hope to have some time later this week to play it!  Smile

Joined 2017-11-02

PM

Hi Chrissie, thank you so much! Hope you have fun with it and if there´s any issues or suggestions feel free to let me know!

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve just downloaded the game & was a little disappointed to see that I need WinRAR to extract the files. I don’t use that application enough to warrant the expense of buying it & I’ve already used up the free trial. Can you not upload the game in a different zipped file format?    Smile

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

chrissie - 09 November 2017 11:59 AM

I’ve just downloaded the game & was a little disappointed to see that I need WinRAR to extract the files. I don’t use that application enough to warrant the expense of buying it & I’ve already used up the free trial. Can you not upload the game in a different zipped file format?    Smile

Hi chrissie. Why don’t you use 7-zip? It’s free and it can unpack rar files.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

walas74 - 09 November 2017 12:06 PM

Hi chrissie. Why don’t you use 7-zip? It’s free and it can unpack rar files.

Thank you for that info walas!  Smile

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Chrissie, you might want to try 7-Zip:
http://www.7-zip.org/

It’s free (free as in speech and free as in beer), so you won’t trip over any limited trial periods or anything like that, and it handles RAR archives just fine.

I’d agree .zip would be a better choice for distributing anything, though!

(edit: Ha, Walas beat me to it!)

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks Phlebas also -it looks like 7-Zip is definitely the way to go!  Laughing

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Phlebas - 09 November 2017 12:10 PM

Chrissie, you might want to try 7-Zip:
http://www.7-zip.org/

It’s free (free as in speech and free as in beer), so you won’t trip over any limited trial periods or anything like that, and it handles RAR archives just fine.

I’d agree .zip would be a better choice for distributing anything, though!

(edit: Ha, Walas beat me to it!)

Ha ha I’ve been practising my speed in the giveaway forum Tongue

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2017-11-02

PM

Hi Chrissie, hi Walas75, I’m sorry for the whole rar thing…I did not take this into consideration at the time to zip the files, so thank you for the remark, as I’m sure you’re not the only one unable to open the files.
I’m going to find a solution asap, in the meanwhile I hope that 7-zip suggestion worked for you.

Thank you!

Pat

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

7-Zip worked just fine - thank you!  Smile

Joined 2017-11-02

PM

Great, have fun and let me know your what know how you feel about the game!

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve now finished the game - very nice, the voice-acting was good & a treat to find in a free game + I loved the ending music Thumbs Up
The puzzling difficulty was just about right (i.e. neither too easy nor too hard) but I did come across what was possibly a dead-end? & had to reload a previous save when I couldn’t find any other solution: I wasn’t quick enough 1st time to get the markers & couldn’t find the piece of wood again - was there an alternative?

Are you planning on releasing further episodes as the one goal was achieved but there seems to be more or did I miss a lot?  Smile

Joined 2017-11-02

PM

Hi Chrissie, I´m so glad you enjoyed the game! For the markers there´s another way to get them if you find one object inside the museum that can be used to replace the wood, sor to say. So there´s always at least a second way to solve all the puzzles, same with the chocolate candy from the school.

More episodes are in the works, now I´m focusing in the android and ios version (the first to be released next week) so I´ll keep you posted!

Thank you so much once again!!

Total Posts: 282

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

That looks like quite a fun game, I’m looking forward to the Android release next week!

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

I am curious Does the game show us authentic Argentine scenery? I am very interested in world travel and Argentina is a country I have not yet travelled.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top