• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

BeckySamandMaxSefirTrumgottist

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Have not we ALL got it here?...

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

a side note:
as i m re-promoting my Can Jace Insanity#1, it is free to anyone who who willing to throw a review (an honest one of course)

If anyone is interested, I’ve included Cameron’s book Insanity link (down below); a retelling of Alice in Wonderland

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HFE668Y/

i cant go not go into much details.

but all you need to do is to have an account at ‘goodreads’, search for Advie there, and send me a request and the book is yours; I will send you a free copy in mobi epub and PDF format to your email in an exchange of an honest review from you on Amazon.com.

Please contact me there, if you have further questions or would like an assistant with the book’s formats, and don’t forget to send me your email .

Sincerely,
Advie

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Hi Advie, I’ve just ordered a paperback copy of that book & will certainly submit a review for it!

Re your idea for ‘constructing’ a game I guess that’s your preferred preference?  Smile

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

The typical problem with “community projects” is you end up with 20 writers and 2 people handling the technical skills of multiple full time jobs where they dont get paid and dont actually have the time for.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

zane - 11 November 2017 07:11 AM

The typical problem with “community projects” is you end up with 20 writers…............

No, that shouldn’t happen as Advie has already presented the writer.

Advie - 04 November 2017 12:16 AM

its sumthing like Edna, she enters the asylum because she believes that wonderland is real. and there she meets a patient who is very important into the asylum, he had even been given the greenlight to depart, but he likes it here,  the nurses even started calling him ‘Doctor! anyways, from there starts the puzzling when they both confront each other, the patient/Doctor starts to threw her crumb of breads to see how passionate she really is and a believer of wonderland.
there are puzzles made here & there’ described and even solved at the book…

Advie - 05 November 2017 11:28 PM

WELL the GOOD NEWS is that i talk to my brother today as he seem to like the idea even much more than yesterday and offered that the game could be BASED on any book of is 70+ Books, and he also has two of them with short stories…...
.........maybe as a starter you can surf thru Cameron Jace’s book on Good read or Amazon, read their summary(s) and come up to us with a number of exciting book…....

Phlebas - 08 November 2017 04:33 AM
chrissie - 06 November 2017 07:02 AM

Personally I like the idea of Rumpelstein (which I think is no 7?) which appeals as apart from liking the original story apparently this prequel ends on a cliff-hanger? so there’s the opportunity to conclude it differently obviously with the consent of Cameron. But I’ll go along with any other suggestions. Smile

I’m not familiar with the stories but I agree that a shorter story might be better and that something other than Alice feels fresher. Rumpelstein looks like fun and sounds less similar to any game I already know!

I’ve just read Cameron Jace’s Insanity Book 1 & have completely changed my mind especially after doing a little research to find out exactly what games have been developed inspired by ‘Alice’ & there is really nothing on the AG front to compete with what could be done with CJ’s interpretation which is far more worthy of professional developers than an amateur group’s effort to bring his idea to life. But, with enough interest & input we could have fun trying? 

Insanity Book 1 is teen fiction, very easy to read but lends itself perfectly, with the right adaption, to the development of an interesting game with imaginative visuals. Also there’s a lot of scope for expanding puzzles the ‘Lewis Carroll’ way (& there’s one short chapter that could be presented as a puzzle in itself) as one of the loveliest things about this book from CJ is that it is a complete homage to LC & contains so much factual information about him intertwined within the fictional ‘modern’ story that reminds me of Clarice meets Hannibal Lector.

I got ideas whirling around my head while reading, I’m no expert but will get back at a later date!
N.B. My art skills are a little rusty, I’m very slow but I might have a go at some concept art??? Laughing

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i dont know what to say, but i did forward this lovely review to CJ.
i had to Smile

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

chrissie - 15 November 2017 02:49 PM

Also there’s a lot of scope for expanding puzzles the ‘Lewis Carroll’ way (& there’s one short chapter that could be presented as a puzzle in itself)

Sounds promising! Might it be worth trying to adapt just that chapter first? Or would the puzzle be too standalone to work as a prototype of the whole thing?

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Phlebas - 16 November 2017 06:46 AM
chrissie - 15 November 2017 02:49 PM

Also there’s a lot of scope for expanding puzzles the ‘Lewis Carroll’ way (& there’s one short chapter that could be presented as a puzzle in itself)

Sounds promising! Might it be worth trying to adapt just that chapter first? Or would the puzzle be too standalone to work as a prototype of the whole thing?

That chapter is about 2/3rds through the book (i.e. 49/73) & action orientated which could be adapted to be possibly a non LC puzzle-sequence but would be too stand-alone I think?

My thought is to follow Simon_ASA’s advice (page 3) & put together a storyboard but on researching it seems that before that visualising the characters could be a good starting point - also there’s quite a few locations that can be lifted from real-life locations - others will have to come from imagination. No, my art skills are far too rusty but if there’s anyone here that’s competent, has the time & likes to dabble I will in the next few days post a list of characters + their descriptions. Also locations.    Smile

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Cameron Jace thinks that your Review chrissie, is Wow, ...Great and ..Amazing!. Exactly according to his description

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

chrissie - 16 November 2017 10:00 AM

I will in the next few days post a list of characters + their descriptions. Also locations.    Smile

hi chrissie
if you mind me ask you this friendly question; are the kind people (like me) who lays back over any kind gratitude or whatever the seems fulling thru a process until you get the feeling to progress where you have left at anytime , I MYself say” what the heck it’s gonna fly away i will finish it that passion i had pops again” Smile

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Advie - 11 December 2017 11:43 PM
chrissie - 16 November 2017 10:00 AM

I will in the next few days post a list of characters + their descriptions. Also locations.    Smile

hi chrissie
if you mind me ask you this friendly question; are the kind people (like me) who lays back over any kind gratitude or whatever the seems fulling thru a process until you get the feeling to progress where you have left at anytime , I MYself say” what the heck it’s gonna fly away i will finish it that passion i had pops again” Smile

I was quite fired-up & have got a long way with character descriptions Advie, but with so little interest I wasn’t compelled to post in a hurry.

‘Silly season’ is here now but once that’s over I’ll contribute to continue the thread.
(N.B. I’ve spoke to a friend who’s an Alice in Wonderland fan, interested in twisted stories on the subject & will be buying her ‘Insanity’ as a present.)

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

chrissie - 18 December 2017 07:32 AM

I was quite fired-up & have got a long way with character descriptions Advie, but with so little interest I wasn’t compelled to post in a hurry.

I’m certainly still interested! But my side would be programming and puzzles, so not a lot to contribute at this point. (Plus at the moment I don’t have time to play games, let alone create them - yesterday was the first time I played a game for an hour since August! I’ll do what I can though, and I’m looking forward to seeing how this progresses.)

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

thanks chrissie for having the matter on your mind still!, no one is rushing you, and sorry if my comment was in any way like ‘rushing’, at least you are the only one working on sumthing here.
not to forget Phlebas who seems to be the only one excited and willing really to help.

so chrissie seriously you are the hope that this thing starts running someday, so that is at least great on its own.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top