• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Have not we ALL got it here?...

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

There is are so many potentials here over the members and readers of this site; writers, programmers, designers, composers…etc

Everything we need to make an adventure by the real Adventuregamers here at adventuregamers(dot)com.

I know that there was a try from the site before and it wasn’t bad, but was made by the people running this site alone, but i am talking now about everybody who is a member of this site to join in even if she/he hasn’t got a specific talent but will to offer something , and what do we know, maybe one of the great celebrities around here would like to join with even with least he/she could offer with his/her full schedule, maybe even just some kind of an advice!.

I am myself as a starter, seriously* can offer the story which is a book that is written by one of the Amazon writers whom had been at the best 100 authors of Amazon.com the year 2015, because of it. and he is willing to participate with his book into this game, voluntarily as all of us who would be interested and willing to join at making this idea happen, and 2ndly i can offer to write. compose, arrange the soundtrack of the game if we agreed on something.

let us hear some voice!!

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

It will end like the parser game we played

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

I don’t have time for that now unfortunately. Out of curiosity, what book did you have in mind?

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

its sumthing like Edna, she enters the asylum because she believes that wonderland is real. and there she meets a patient who is very important into the asylum, he had even been given the greenlight to depart, but he likes it here,  the nurses even started calling him ‘Doctor! anyways, from there starts the puzzling when they both confront each other, the patient/Doctor starts to threw her crumb of breads to see how passionate she really is and a believer of wonderland.
there are puzzles made here & there’ described and even solved at the book…  since the author himself had been an adventure gamer for some time in his past life .... he even
finished Riven.. Laughing

Hope no one steal the idea, its copy righted for Amazom.com, amyway.

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

I think it could work it we split up the tasks

Advie and Phlebas: Story writing
Wilco and diego: Jokes
Leondaydreamer, Mr Underhill, Silverspook and SimonASA (devs?): Graphics
Advie/diego: Music and sfx
Sir Beardalot/Kurufinwe: Research team
Oscar: Puzzles and automaton expertise
Karlok: Helpful comments
nomadsoul: unhelpful comments
LadyKestrel: Bedtime stories to lull us to sleep after a day’s work
chrissie: cookies and encouragement

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

BitingWit - 04 November 2017 12:42 AM

That pretty much explains your taste

Total Posts: 5834

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

BitingWit - 04 November 2017 12:42 AM

I think it could work it we split up the tasks

Advie and Phlebas: Story writing
Wilco and diego: Jokes
Leondaydreamer, Mr Underhill, Silverspook and SimonASA (devs?): Graphics
Advie/diego: Music and sfx
Sir Beardalot/Kurufinwe: Research team
Oscar: Puzzles and automaton expertise
LadyKestrel: Bedtime stories to lull us to sleep after a day’s work
chrissie: cookies and encouragement

Presumptuous & sexist.  Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 5586

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’d rather work on the puzzles and jokes.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

chrissie - 04 November 2017 04:33 PM

Lighten up, it was obviously a joke based on you being positive all the time and Lady Kestrel’s interest in books.

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

What role will I be assigned to?

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

now you guys reminds of how things works at Third World Countries, exactly!.. yeah where i come from,

arguing about titles and the superiority of each one, and each role at the project.
with so much little work or even planning.
also without cheerfulness and the team spirit just the arguing; “i have been doing this job long even before you were born” ” i have did this a million times while were doing nothing efficient but scratching your balls”, ” its not because i a woman, it means i may work less or produce a deficient products than what man can offer!”

come on guys i actually/seriously ran/escaped from all the Third World blogs and flatfroms to join this site with civilized people. like where you come from; great countries, wouldn’t speak that dull .

Total Posts: 1076

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Advie - 04 November 2017 07:53 PM

now you guys reminds of how things works at Third World Countries, exactly!..

And let me remind you then whole planet become 3rd world country nowadays thanks to white house politics.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Gabe - 05 November 2017 06:41 AM
Advie - 04 November 2017 07:53 PM

now you guys reminds of how things works at Third World Countries, exactly!..

And let me remind you then whole planet become 3rd world country nowadays thanks to white house politics.

What does that have to do with anything?

Back on topic, I would like to help too in any capacity I can Smile

Total Posts: 5834

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Oscar - 04 November 2017 06:22 PM
chrissie - 04 November 2017 04:33 PM

Lighten up, it was obviously a joke based on you being positive all the time and Lady Kestrel’s interest in books.

A joke really? If so why in the context of Advie’s very nice thread…...

“Have not we ALL got it here?...”

Advie - 01 November 2017 06:36 PM

There is are so many potentials here over the members and readers of this site; writers, programmers, designers, composers…etc

Everything we need to make an adventure by the real Adventuregamers here at adventuregamers(dot)com.

...........did an extremely opinionated post appear which quite blatantly excludes (apart from nomadsoul) exclusively only the 3 female members mentioned from any kind of creative/skillful input & denigrates their contribution to other stuff more appropriate for dealing with kids & I’m asked to ‘lighten up’!

It’s a nice idea & I hope perhaps I can contribute but trust me you don’t want to be eating anything I’ve baked!  Laughing

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

we need to put our hand on how this works, music comes last maybe after all are finished like voice acting if we can have or afford voice acting in the 1st place.

so what comes first? the story?, so assuming the story is available who is the one who takes this story and turn it into design for game, hmmmm the designer, so fist of all we need a designer someone who/which will be like the director at movie’s business, one we can hand him the story and he start designing a thing after the other, i think he 1stly he will need a programmer or one who knows how to use game designing programs.
i.e like me; im a musician but i need a program which i can use to produce my music in a format the works with game design, in other word; ‘compatible’.

Total Posts: 1076

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Advie, first we need to launch kickstarter.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top