• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

My Dune

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Trüberbrook, a hand-crafted mystery adventure game

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Is anybody here playing the early access? If so, how’s the game? If anybody posts spoilers I will send Karlok.

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Total Posts: 216

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

It’s released on Steam!

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

Egon - 12 March 2019 11:44 AM

It’s released on Steam!

It’s on GOG too, DRM-free.  Thumbs Up

http://www.gog.com/game/truberbrook

Total Posts: 1620

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I heard on one review that a guy clocked in at 3 to 4 hrs total. That is a little short for 29.99. I will wait for a sale

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Moving the mouse in-game is not a smooth experience for me. Suspect it’s the graphic card. Might have to wait for the PS4-version.

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Total Posts: 416

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

Played through it today. The game was really underwhelming. The hand-crafted environments steal the show and they really are incredible but it doesn’t make up for everything else.

The voice acting is a mess. Wildly inconsistent and it’s not helped by moments of oddly worded, stilted dialogue. The inventory system is so streamlined that many of the puzzles essentially solve themselves. Very few require any thought.

Story-wise the game barely gets off the ground, and then once it does it’s quickly over with. The main mystery is barely a mystery at all. The whole thing feels massively rushed.

I was really looking forward to this game and I gatta say it wasn’t even close to being as good as I thought it’d be.

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

The warning signs were all there.
#1: German developed and translated into English - how often has this been done and failed us? How often has it succeeded?
#2: It was basically funded because it “looked great”. Apparently this is the only standard now for a good adventure game. Who cares about good writing, storyline and voice acting when the graphics are jaw-dropping?

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Total Posts: 416

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

Donuts McGee - 13 March 2019 05:30 AM

The warning signs were all there.
#1: German developed and translated into English - how often has this been done and failed us? How often has it succeeded?
#2: It was basically funded because it “looked great”. Apparently this is the only standard now for a good adventure game. Who cares about good writing, storyline and voice acting when the graphics are jaw-dropping?

For the first point my only frame of reference is The Book Of Unwritten Tales series. That turned out fantastically. But there’s likely more examples I’m unaware of.

For the second I definitely can agree. They showed remarkably little of the story and gameplay leading up to release. Which in hindsight is a massive red flag but at the time I just figured they wanted to keep things hidden since it’s a mystery game.

Total Posts: 1620

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I trust planet x, we seem to have the same taste hard pass for me

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top