• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Theme of the Week 23 - This is Halloween, everybody make a scene!

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

With Halloween fast approaching I decided to discuss a few games that either include additional (Halloween) content or were fully created in celebration of All Hallows’ Eve!

First off I’ll mention a couple that have Halloween content that was added after their initial release.

The Eyes of Ara

Every year between Oct. 27th and Nov. 2nd this bonus content unlocks. Halloween decorations are added throughout the castle. Hidden blue Jack O’ Lanterns wait to be discovered. All while searching for the means to gain access to the hidden crypt of the Pumpkin Lord! (This content also includes 2 additional Steam achievements for those aficionados)

Mind: Path to Thalamus

After the developers released the Enhanced Edition they later included an update for a Halloween themed level. In this level they replaced the full moon with a smiling fiery Jack O’ Lantern and added creepy cloaked ghouls to avoid!

The next couple I’ll mention were created specifically for Halloween (while giving us a little something to tide us over).

The Last Crown - Midnight Horror

Any one who has played The Lost Crown knows we’ve been waiting a very long time for The Last Crown - Blackenrock. But in 2015 just in time for Halloween we were treated to this nice little surprise. It takes place just 5 months after The Lost Crown but before The Last Crown - Blackenrock. The town of Saxton is decked out and in full Halloween celebration where Nigel and Lucy must solve a mysterious supernatural case on the night of All Hollows’ Eve!

The Silver Lining - Haunted Castle Experience

If you are a King’s Quest fan then you are certainly no stranger to the fan made game The Silver Lining. It is to consist of 5 episodes deepening and expanding the King’s Quest lore. So far only 4 episodes have released. In 2016 with the announcement of a 2017 release for episode 5 we were treated to this short but sweet Halloween Experience! Explore a dark and haunted Castle Daventry in search of the 6 pieces of Pandora’s box in order to gain access to the throne room. All while encountering spooky antics and characters from previous episodes along the way!

Well guys and gals, I hope you enjoy this theme! Please feel free to share and discuss any other Halloween themed adventures!

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

A nice topical theme for this time of year Sir Beardalot!  Thumbs Up

Surely one of the most well-known games to have a Halloween theme has to be Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths set in a Halloween Park late on 31st October.

I can’t remember too much about the game now except Tony had to search for his dog (which was actually a tapir?), someone stole all the kid’s candy, & aside from plot elements this funny young ‘desperate’ guy! 

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

it is Halloween!  but bad costumes, mayhap?

Total Posts: 5588

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I just got my Halloween decorations out of storage and am planning my costume for an upcoming party, so this is an appropriate theme for me.  Although I haven’t played it, I know that Goosebumps: Escape from Horrorland has scenes with jack o’ lanterns.  Here’s one of them:

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

@chrissie. I remember seeing Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths in a bargain bin at Electronic Boutique around 2004ish. It caught my attention because of the graphic style, reminded me of Sierra/Lucas Arts. That was during a time when I hadn’t played any adventure games for quite sometime and didn’t have the time, so I passed on it. Now that you refreshed my memory I’m intrigued to find a copy and give it a go!

@Lady Kestral. I also remember Goosebumps - Escape from Horrorland only because of Jeff Goldblum lol! (one of my fav actors) It came out a few years after Jurassic Park, my all time favorite movie Wink Funny reason to actually want to play it now lol!

Total Posts: 262

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

You can get Tony Tough on Steam.

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

LittleRose - 26 October 2017 05:37 AM

You can get Tony Tough on Steam.

Ah, thanks LittleRose Smile

Total Posts: 5045

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Let us not forget a prime offering from the casual spectrum.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Hugo’s House of Horrors

Halloween Hijinks

Trick or Treat

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top